PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AH so it was a jelly that was running around LA earlier during that earthquake rumble lol kinda freeky

well thats a first, an ascolonian assasin lol
    Last edited by Karn the Betrayer; 22-08-2007 at 23:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Karn the Betrayer View Post
    AH so it was a jelly that was running around LA earlier during that earthquake rumble lol kinda freeky

well thats a first, an ascolonian assasin lol
    Anton... he must be a failure. That's right, GW:EN's Polo Joko, the comic relief. The sin who, no matter how hard he tries, fails at his contracts over stupid mistakes. xP

Self-Proclaimed Supporter Of The Mursaat Cause
    "Bloodstone, it keeps going and going and going..."
    IGN: Nanashi Hyuga - The Whirling Fist Sin of Righteousness

Quote Originally Posted by Skyy High View Post
    Aw, I liked "Genghis Charr."

I found a bit of a problem here in the description of the snakelike Kraits:

What? Can someone reconcile these two statements, or did ANet just mess up with the manual?
    Lol - I hate when inconsistencies like that crop up, especially when they're so close together. An editor should have caught that...

Now, however, the GW:EN manual has me perplexed about the year EotN takes place. The trailer has it pinned six years after the Searing (1 year after Nightfall), while the GW:EN manual states it's three years after NF (eight years after the Searing). Which do I believe? Which of these sources is the one trying to mess with my head?

Ingame trailer says 8 years after Searing, no?

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    It is six years after Prophecies, eight after the Searing. Remember, the Searing takes place two years before Prophecies.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

that makes Gwen at least 18

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius View Post
    It is six years after Prophecies, eight after the Searing. Remember, the Searing takes place two years before Prophecies.
    In the trailer Gwen says "Ascalon was the gem of Tyria, the center of my world. Six years ago, my world burned." It specifically refers to the Searing.

According to Grubb,

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Grubb
    "A lot of things have happened to her in the eight years since the Searing. She's been hurt, damaged both physically and spiritually, and she's very, very angry."
    I'd go with him over the trailer.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Then there's yet another wording mistake in the trailer itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Oy and I agreed with you much on it that (like the Covenant's Higher Arc) The Shamans were in control as false prophets using the titans words as law which they themselves passed down to the rest. Now that the titans are gone, this dude doesn't want to relinquish power along with the rest of the Shaman caste, using his power as means to justify his beliefs.
    It's actually not all that different from actual history. In fact, history is full of religeous leaders violently hanging on to their power, even while faith itself crumbled.

This I disagree with. I still cannot see the connection between dwarf and a nymph-like race of beings. The current belief however is the fires of the Great Destroyer's rain will melt most of the Shiver Peaks causing water to flood... my theory to go with this is the land is scorched and it's possible Melandru attempts to refurnish the land through her own means...
    I do believe there is a connection. I simply think the Sylvari will take the dwarves' place. The age of the dwarves perhaps draws to a close, and a new era approaches.