PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    I do believe there is a connection. I simply think the Sylvari will take the dwarves' place. The age of the dwarves perhaps draws to a close, and a new era approaches.
    Actually, it's said that the era of humans is drawing to an end. The current age could hardly be called the era of the dwarves, since they only inhibit a very small portion of the landmass ... compared to the power of the humans before the searing, they were only a minor faction, with all those powerful kingdoms like Ascalon, Kryta, Orr, the Canthan Empire, as well as the Elonian Provinces Istan, Vabbi and Kourna. In comparison to that, the Dwarves only dwelt in the Shiverpeaks (and they obviously hadn't progressed as far into the Depths as they have today).

While we're on chronological errors, when you get the preview event quest to travel to the Far Shiverpeaks from Kaineng Center, the ministry official claims that the plague is still going on, even though EN is supposed to be taking place years after Shiro's banishment to Torment.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    The Am Fah still have that chalice that causes the plague, and the Manuscripts say that the plague is still occuring in isolated areas, as well as Shiro'Ken running amok once and awhile.

You figure that if GW is representational like you've said in the past, that there were potentially millions or billions of plague victims, and even if it isn't, there were still hundreds of thousands. It would take much more than ~5 years to clean up that kind of biological (and spiritual, in this case) nightmare.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Remember also that a lot of Afflicted are still running around through the sewers and stuff, judging by them jumping out of cracks and holes everywhere.
    And they're also all over Cantha! (Though you'd think the Luxons & Kurzicks kill them at sight when they see them in their territory).

Very good points, actually, true.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Just to parallel, we still have outbreaks of the completely natural Bubonic Plague springing up every few years in the world, and that's over 500 years after it originally caused its intial pandemic.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

I'll go with the Manual they are printing for the retail boxes. If it is 8 years in the Manual, then it is 8 years.

The Manuscript is more canonical in my opinion. The NPC dialogues can easily be changed without us noticing it, which they did years ago when there was only Prophecies.

The trailer was made before any final decision, they might have changed it.

So whatever is printed in the manual in the retail, then that's the canon, unless otherwise ANet said they made a mistake in the manual itself and the real gap is this and that.

:)

Knight of the Shadows

Smile

I wonder who these Krait people are but they have to be a worthy foe if they rival the charr in viciousness.