PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

[Merged] EotN preview weekend crash/lockup problems

I had done an -image the other day, so I'm loading into places all right... it's just that every other moment it freezes and I have to reboot my entire laptop to get off the stuck screen. Windows won't even respond to me at that point.

The rest of GW loads fine for me, just the EOTN areas :|

Quote Originally Posted by legomymalfoy View Post
    I had done an -image the other day, so I'm loading into places all right... it's just that every other moment it freezes and I have to reboot my entire laptop to get off the stuck screen. Windows won't even respond to me at that point.

The rest of GW loads fine for me, just the EOTN areas :|

I have the same problem!!!!

In EOTN, i have the same freezing problems... often followed by a program crash.

Me too! Any ideas guys? I got a message that it is due to graphics driver not responding, I checked for updates, there were none, I updated directx to 10 as well but still I freeze every now and then. In an area, in a cinematic randomly.

There is a few people who are asking about gettting a BSoD while playing, not sure if it's driver related or not, but y'all could try updating your video and/or sound drivers to see if that helps.
    Last edited by MoonUnit; 24-08-2007 at 10:57.

I'm constantly being crashed when going under LA. It plays just fine for some time and then crashes. Anyone else having problems with the area? Maybe it has something to do with the quake effect, who knows.

kazu
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmaniac View Post
    I'm constantly being crashed when going under LA. It plays just fine for some time and then crashes. Anyone else having problems with the area? Maybe it has something to do with the quake effect, who knows.
    i've got the exact same problem.

Something in the new update and new areas isnt working properly I guess.

Those freezes happen only in new areas for me. First one was during the second cinematic below LA. Then another when I talked to norn npc at shrine to fight him, third one happened just when I got GWEN hero and another one while I wasnt doing anythiing, just chatting while standing in EOTN outpost. They are totally random.

My drivers are updated, I double checked that.

kazu
    my error message went something like "DxShadAsm.cpp error blablasomethingsomething". sounds like malfunctioning shader code. no clue whether it's a directx-issue or the implementation of the dx lib in gw.