PC Gaming News
    GWOnline.Net Member

Res sig and splits

My guild pulled a 5-3 split on warrior's isle(i was not in it but i was ordered to watch so i would see some former top 20's in action and learn more)
    my guild's split warrior ran that YAA w/a build that uses signet of malice to condition remove
    our team lost but i never actually saw him res anyone, so i am wondering if a split warrior carries a res sig or not?
    i came up with a gwen skill using w/x build that is dependant on 3 conditions, but if i want a res sig i would not be able to use signet of malice or any other condition removal. as such i'm wondering if mybuild would still be a viable split without condition removal, or converesely with condition removal and no res

if you care about the build(really it shouldnt matter i wouldnt think, since i'm asking about ressing) just ask i'll put up it's pvx link

Quote Originally Posted by Tsai Cooper View Post
    My guild pulled a 5-3 split on warrior's isle(i was not in it but i was ordered to watch so i would see some former top 20's in action and learn more)
    my guild's split warrior ran that YAA w/a build that uses signet of malice to condition remove
    our team lost but i never actually saw him res anyone, so i am wondering if a split warrior carries a res sig or not?
    i came up with a gwen skill using w/x build that is dependant on 3 conditions, but if i want a res sig i would not be able to use signet of malice or any other condition removal. as such i'm wondering if mybuild would still be a viable split without condition removal, or converesely with condition removal and no res

if you care about the build(really it shouldnt matter i wouldnt think, since i'm asking about ressing) just ask i'll put up it's pvx link
    It all depends on what the team build is designed for.

If it is a dedicated split, no rez. If that warrior was designed to be at the stand the majority of the time and only split during emergencies, then he should most likely have a rez.

Then there are other factors, like how good your guild is.

Also, who runs YAA anymore?

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woot im a warrior View Post
    It all depends on what the team build is designed for.

If it is a dedicated split, no rez. If that warrior was designed to be at the stand the majority of the time and only split during emergencies, then he should most likely have a rez.

Then there are other factors, like how good your guild is.

Also, who runs YAA anymore?
    the boredom monster known as my guild's cheif warrior
    believe me, he's good enough to run medning and still split
    so if its a dedicated 5-3 split that starts from the begginning, res can be optional?
    and do you want me to post the build or not?
    and also:
    does a dedicated split require condition removal on the warrior?

YAA is a common build, if you mean the full 8 bars then go for it.

As for the rest of your questions - it all depends. If you are splitting a YAA, a gank-sin and a Illusion mes then yes he'd need to carry self condition removal.

If the split was more defensive (say water ele, resto rit, and YAA) then no need to a) run yaa and b) bring self condition removal - it really all depends on the build. Same with the ressig's altho I'd guess a 5/3 split at least one on the split should have a res
    Last edited by Parker Bsb; 29-08-2007 at 21:28.

GWOnline.Net Member
    very cool
    because we were thinking of a e/rt water runner, ba ranger and a warrior for the split
    you mean the full 8 bars then
    hmm? what??

I used to run a YAA for quite some time, and the bar i used to play was:

1 frenzy
    2 sever
    3 gash
    4 final
    5 dash
    6 sig of malice
    7 healing signet
    8 YAA

As you can see there is no room for a sig on that bar... and a sword without frenzy is a sad panda!!! However @ 1 point i was running d-dagger, but always prefered the frenzy.

I would commonly solo split into enemy bases and that was why the heal sig was necessary, sometimes i would get assistance, sometimes not.. really depends on the rest of the build etc.

hmm? what??
    all 8 players on your team's bars. It's hard to answer the questions you are asking if you don't give all the info

edit:
    1 frenzy
    2 executioners
    3 critical
    4 dismember
    5 dash
    6 sig of malice
    7 healing signet
    8 YAA

What can I say, I liked the spikey feel!
    Last edited by Parker Bsb; 29-08-2007 at 21:36.

GWOnline.Net Member
    okay thanks guys
    once i figure out bb code i'm gonna post a new thread with a gwshack link and you guys can see what i was thinking with my warrior/full team
    ah **** it i'll make a sub directory on my user page on pvx and link that up
    Last edited by Tsai Cooper; 29-08-2007 at 21:42.

Since you are carrying on with this into a full build thread I'm closing this one.
    IGN: Ranger Nietzsche
    Officer of 치 The Spearmen 치 [치치치치]
    NPC: Nichi the Ranger. Location: Halls of Chokhin. More responsive to flames than me.

I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche