PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

GWOnline.Net Member

The Perfect Salvage Kit solution...

so, on the Sneak Peek, we were introduced to this new item:

Perfect Salvage Kit
    Double-click to salvage upgrade components or crafting materials from an item. While using this kit to salvage out upgrade components, the item you are salvaging will not break.

It seems that people started using it, and when apparently when it was used to salvage for crafting materials, things started breaking.
    So, on today's Update, they fixed the bug on a very interesting way:

To prevent players from unintentionally breaking items, Perfect Salvage Kits can no longer be used to salvage materials.
    I just woke up, but i guess i've already had the biggest laugh today...
    So when a new feature is bugged, instead of fixing it and keep it's intended function, no, just remove the feature so people don't break items
    I just hope players don't find any more bugs on salvaging upgrades on weapons and armors, or else they probably just erase the Kit from existence...
    Last edited by migu; 30-08-2007 at 14:04.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Hmmm...yeah. Kind of detracts from its perfection, doesn't it?
    mv

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    I don't see the issue.

You could salvage materials from an item with it if you wanted to, but it's purpose is the safe removal of runes or insignia from armor - or weapon upgrades and inscriptions from weapons that you want to respec...

I actually accidentally broke a piece of armor with a perfect salvage kit this weekend because I wasn't thinking about what I was doing - I was taking all the parts out of it to put in my crown - and of course after the third use of the salvage kit, the armor piece broke and I got materials.

Sure, I could have just used my brain, but I like the fix to the kit so that I won't accidentally do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhand View Post
    I don't see the issue.
    I see the issue some people always want somthing to whine about.

comon be glad there is a salvage kit that can help u restore the power of old armors. I am going to buy a 15k armor in eotn and am very glad that i can put my old 55hp runes on it.

GWOnline.Net Member
    actually, i wanted to salvage a green weapon with the perfect salvage kit, but i got that warning and i stopped...

I am sure they will reconsider it and fix it instead of removing it permanently. The perfect salvage kit is a great idea.

Did I miss something in this thread? Where's the bug? Is it not giving the "this item has upgrades that will be lost if you salvage this thing now" warning when used for material salvage? The kit said that if used to salvage upgrades it would not break the item. It never said you could get materials from something safely, and why on Tyria would it?

The materials are what the thing is made from, you can't take them away and keep the object, right?

It would only be a bug if people were salvaging runes/hilts/etc and breaking the base object.

It seems more like the issue is that people were not paying attention while salvaging things with these kits and destroyed things because of it. I guess with the new change that's no longer an issue.

Personally, I was hoping that the perfect kits would always salvage the rare crafting material out of something when used for materials. I suppose that could become problematic quickly from an economic standpoint for some people, but I just want to stop salvaging 'highly salvageable' (and highly valuable) items and getting nothing but 4-5 piles of fairy poo. Meh, such is life.

edit: Okay, sorry migu, didn't see your post until after I finished writing mine... So there is a real bug with these things while salvaging runes. Good to know, I have two kits but haven't used either one yet. Might still hold off for a bit then I suppose.
    Last edited by NameAlreadyInUse; 30-08-2007 at 14:34.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NameAlreadyInUse View Post
    It would only be a bug if people were salvaging runes/hilts/etc and breaking the base object.

edit: Okay, sorry migu, didn't see your post until after I finished writing mine... So there is a real bug with these things while salvaging runes. Good to know, I have two kits but haven't used either one yet. Might still hold off for a bit then I suppose.
    by the way, i'll just put the link here:

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...d.php?t=462104

that way people can read that article i was talking about.

I am sure they will reconsider it and fix it instead of removing it permanently. The perfect salvage kit is a great idea.
    Sometimes people FLOOR me with their stupidity.. If you salvage your Irom or Steel out of a sword what do you have left? NOTHING, you just melted down the base item. Do some of you think before you flock to the OMG answer with the rest of the sheep?

GWOnline.Net Member
    like someone said on another thread, he tried to salvage a rune from a Kurzick set and it broke.
    so if we can't use it to get materials because it would always break the item, ok, although i suppose it should be on the description from day 1.
    but i guess the ability of removing runes and insignias from armor without breaking was a great idea, so we need to be sure if it works or not, so people don't go and lose their FOW armors for nothing.

EDIT: and by the way, if you try to use the PSK on a green item, it still let's you use it to get crafting materials, at least the textbox is there.

Oh I had not caught this item when playing in the preview. I so totally love the idea behind it. There are somethings I have not salvaged simply because I want the skin and thus hold onto it to get the components I want on it even if a component on it would be useful of another item or in cases where an item has more than one component on it worth salvaging.