PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

*lil Spoil* Cryptic Message (For those who like to decipher)

Below is a message left by the 6 Human Gods to an Asura who seek to examine them scientifically.

(Note: The Asura, being secular scientists, have a deterministic view on everything in the universe. Under this view, which they call the Eternal Alchemy, laws of nature and chains of events determine the future. This particular Asura is studying the 6 Gods, which he believes is also manipulated by the Eternal Alchemy.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    That's not exactly "secular" you know =P
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

You prefer the term "Godless?"

I find that term a bit biased myself, sounded as if you don't have a religion it's something not desirable.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    No, ultimately they are just like any religious group, attempting to prove their chosen religion above that of the surface species. During the quest, he calls the Tyrian religious system inferior many times. Asuran are still deeply spiritual, they just look at it a different way. It isn't secular or godless in any way.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Well this is my first post in the lore forum though I have been lurking around for over a year. I love reading your posts and hopefully this will be useful

Here is the message:

Vm'jqqteomn dj'dpjat ipj'attw
    Rthjms'dpt xoada'rthjms dpt'setvxa
    Jm'soadvmd apjeta'jp v'yvms bmivwomn
    Vmaitea'dptet yot'om ivodomn

The message to the Asura from the 6 gods is a cryptogram (which fits with the Asura being scientifically minded) and can be solved with a substitution cipher where:

A=S B=U C=* D=T
    E=R F=* G=* H=Y
    I=W J=O K=* L=*
    M=N N=G O=I P=H
    Q=F R=B S=D T=E
    U=* V=A W=K X=M
    Y=L Z=*

*=There are not any of the letters in the message
    Ď=Space

So the message reads:

An offering to those who seek
    Beyond the mists beyond the dreams
    On distant shores oh a land unwaking
    Answers there lie in waiting

I donít know what it means but Iím sure you guys will come up with some interesting ideas

Cipher-pwned. Swish.

New continent seems the most likely insinuation. Course, with the chapter-policy up in smoke, how are they going to pull that off?

Quote Originally Posted by coran View Post
    Well this is my first post in the lore forum though I have been lurking around for over a year. I love reading your posts and hopefully this will be useful

Here is the message:

Vm'jqqteomn dj'dpjat ipj'attw
    Rthjms'dpt xoada'rthjms dpt'setvxa
    Jm'soadvmd apjeta'jp v'yvms bmivwomn
    Vmaitea'dptet yot'om ivodomn

The message to the Asura from the 6 gods is a cryptogram (which fits with the Asura being scientifically minded) and can be solved with a substitution cipher where:

A=S B=U C=* D=T
    E=R F=* G=* H=Y
    I=W J=O K=* L=*
    M=N N=G O=I P=H
    Q=F R=B S=D T=E
    U=* V=A W=K X=M
    Y=L Z=*

*=There are not any of the letters in the message
    Ď=Space

So the message reads:

An offering to those who seek
    Beyond the mists beyond the dreams
    On distant shores oh a land unwaking
    Answers there lie in waiting

I donít know what it means but Iím sure you guys will come up with some interesting ideas
    Holy smokes Coran, you rock.
    Maybe it's talking about Unwaking Waters over there in Cantha? Harvest Temple maybe? Do they make offerings to the gods there?
    Maybe they are going to add Lyssa's realm soon?
    Last edited by Manwithtwohands; 03-09-2007 at 15:06.

Beyond the mists???

Could it be a reference to UW - or perhaps an expansion of UW as we know it?

Maybe we'll finally get to "meet" the Gods at some point.... loooong way down the line methinks tho.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    It'd be nifty if this was another scavenger hunt, ala mini-moa. "Distant shores on lands unwaking" sounds like somewhere in either Echovald Forest or the Jade Sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius View Post
    It'd be nifty if this was another scavenger hunt, ala mini-moa. "Distant shores on lands unwaking" sounds like somewhere in either Echovald Forest or the Jade Sea.
    Wouldn't it just be cruel if all this message leads you to is Bahltek? It would all come full circle, from cryptic to rude and mysterious.