PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

When we struck down mortal Shiro..

Why didn't he set of a death wail, similar to what he did when we was slain at the harvest ceremony? Was his death wail a once in a life time thing as I can't find any explantions.

We may have, but the adepts were prepared for it and redirected it back at Shiro turning him into jade instead.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    He did let out a death wail, but the Envoys knew he'd try that and force the power back onto him, trapping his body in jade. His soul, however, was taken to the Realm of Torment.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I also think that his second death wail was not as strong as the first. This is from what I have heard/remember, please correct me if I'm wrong:

For the first, Shiro had just killed the emperor and absorbed the emperor's power somehow. And the ritual at the Harvest Temple was to dramatically increase the emperor's power, so I think Shiro's first death wail was very powerful.

For the second, Shiro used much of the power from killing Master Togo to transform to a mortal body. In addition, Master Togo, while powerful, hadn't done the ritual at the Harvest Temple, so didn't have as much power to fuel Shiro's second death wail.

Add to that, of course, the fact that the Envoys were there to redirect the power.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    I think that is a pretty good take on the whole situation, nkuvu =)
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Quote Originally Posted by markaedw View Post
    We may have, but the adepts were prepared for it and redirected it back at Shiro turning him into jade instead.
    What do you suppose the ministry did with his body? Do you think they let the adepts take him for study, or perhaps it was seized by the ministry to be used in some kind of state propaganda, like "No one can rise against the Emperor -- for this is what will happen to them".

Perhaps it was quickly destroyed out of fear that some kind of evil lingered within the jade. Which if it's true, leads me to another question: what would have become of the shards? I'll bet some of them made it to the black market where they fetched a fortune from weapon and staff makers, or just some rich crazy old collector type.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Guild

Memento Vivere, Mystic Spiral
    Probably locked up & thrown away the key. Do have to wonder where they'd store Shiro's jadeite corpse. Shouldn't be in the public, or the Am Fah lunatics will try something strange again. Could as well be send under a crusher into jadeite dust, or being forged into a weapon of power (Luxons already love doing this. Archemorus and all).

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Shiro's corpse isn't out in the public. It is in the deepest part of the Imperial City where only the Emperor and his family are even allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius View Post
    Shiro's corpse isn't out in the public. It is in the deepest part of the Imperial City where only the Emperor and his family are even allowed.
    Of course! That makes perfect sense . . .

How did you learn this?

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Reading the area description.