PC Gaming News

Elite Skills in GWEN

Trying to capture elites from random spawning bosses in Tyria can be unpleasant. Those of you who are going after skill hunter title may be glad to know that GWEN has some non-core skills from other campaigns. For example, you can capture Eviscerate in Bjora Marches instead of Hell's Precipice or Sorrow's Furnace. Partial list of elite skills available in GWEN can be found on official wiki.

I added a few to the list. This will be helpful when it's complete!

The list is growing! Thank you :)

I saw that Dark Apostasy is in the skil list, unless they changed anything since the preview it should be removed.

Frostmaw in the Frostmaw Burrows uses that skill, however he is not officially classified as a boss! Only his 2 sidekicks are actually bosses.

I know because I had a cap sig on me at the time, I used it after I killed him, and Frostmaw didn't show up in the resulting skill list at all, only the other 2 worms.

It's most likely a bug, but for now Dark Apostasy can't be capped from him.

I was under the impression the GW:EN only had core skills, good to know that non-core can be encountered too...

what about those who doesn't own every chapter. can they capture these skills?
    Empraim Wainwright
    Officer, Bad Wolf Corporation [WOLF]
    Part of The Bad Wolf Alliance

Yes but they obviously cannot use them. The skills will appear with a locked symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Colindem View Post
    Yes but they obviously cannot use them. The skills will appear with a locked symbol.
    Can they be used by that character's heroes, though?

The heroes can use them, but the skills will still appear with a locked symbol. So the AI can activate the skills but you can't force them to

The Glacial Griffon in the "Cold as Ice" solo quest has Ritual Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Heelz View Post
    I added a few to the list. This will be helpful when it's complete!
    If you can, add that Arachni the final boss in Arachni's Lair has Barrage.
    TY!