PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tapestry Shred Question

Been a while since I last posted, but I've recently got EotN, so it's good to jump back in after being bored of GW after whacking Abaddon a couple of times...

Anyway, I was hoping for something of a heart-felt reunion between my Prophecies character, who was created back when that campaign was the only one and brand new, and the grown-up Gwen. Unfortunately, it didn't seem that this would be possible until I get some sort of special item to get a quest. Of which, I don't remember getting at all back when I played the Pre-Searing with this character. And if I did, I no longer have it. Heck, no one was expecting Gwen to make a return all the way back then...

So, it got me thinking about how to get a hold of this item, the Tapestry Shred. I was thinking that maybe I could create another Prophecies character, go through the whole Pre-Searing with him to get that item, put it in the storage, grab it with my original Prophecies character, and start that quest with Gwen. Is this idea possible? Or is the item directly associated with the character I get the item with (Customized for blah, whoever blah might be), making it unusable by my original character?

Thanks in advance to those who answer.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Perfectly possible. The tapestry shred is not customized to a character -- further, they're stackable items.

The only requirement, as far as I know, is that your character is Tyrian, and that the character has completed the Ebon Vanguard primary story arc.

Which makes sense, Gwen could never have given the tapestry shred to a Canthan or Elonian character.

Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    Perfectly possible. The tapestry shred is not customized to a character -- further, they're stackable items.

The only requirement, as far as I know, is that your character is Tyrian, and that the character has completed the Ebon Vanguard primary story arc.

Which makes sense, Gwen could never have given the tapestry shred to a Canthan or Elonian character.
    That's good. My only Warrior is the Tyrian I made back when Prophecies was new, so I'd like to get the item for him to do the quest. And I've already done the Ebon Vanguard storyline arc, so that's out of the way. Now I just have to go and get the item and then get that new character into Post-Searing...

Except that the last Tyrian character I created couldn't get a shred from Gwen... although all my others had. I assumed they had removed the 'broken quest'.

Was I just unlucky? Have the re-added it?

I made a pre-searing char. just so I could get the shred again. Seems like it took 5-7 flowers before she gave it to me.

Actually you dont have to finish the vanguard quests, you only need the shred if your character is tyrian. I made a pre toon and got the shred with 2 flowers a cape and a flute.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyJ View Post
    Actually you dont have to finish the vanguard quests
    Gwen won't give you the "Then and Now, Here and There" quest until you've finished the Vanguard line. She'll just say something along the lines of "I appreciate that you've kept these things, but for now the Vanguard needs us."

One important thing I have noticed with the Gwen and Tapestry Shred...

If you go out with a char who has gotten already, you will no longer be able to get it. If that char you go out with has already done part of it (ie, given the 200g item + flute) she won't take it, nor will she give you her "Broken Flute" quest.

So, in order to get it, do NOT party with ANYONE to get the Rez signet until AFTER you've gotten your shred. I have gotten several by getting her 4g flute and giving her 5 flowers, taking char to post, drop off shred, rinse and repeat.

Has a Xunlai chest been added to Pre-Searing or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hida Ryushi View Post
    Has a Xunlai chest been added to Pre-Searing or something?
    No they haven't, why?