PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzman
    .... ultimately the HEALTH of an arena is dependant on how many NEW PLAYERS THAT JOIN THE GAME!
    No IWAY, no more noobs running IWAY, no more noobs to own.

That's right.

I clearly remember during IWAY heydays. American ****ing district can go up to 9. International districts? up to 2.

Now, american district = 1 International district = up to 2.

So let's figure out why HA is dead, shall we?
    Last edited by kongkingx; 13-09-2007 at 00:37.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Balanced PvP + Ritualists = Broken PvP
    Balanced PvP + Paragons = Broken PvP
    agree , Rt and P are imba , weapons that u cant strip , and chants that u cant strip. But the only thing that really broke whole pvp fun was Observer mode. Devs were completly dumb to add OM to specific game like GW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet One View Post
    LoL...

I think you missed it by about a 12+ months on that one.

I think it was Lulu from Te or someone else who used to run EoE bomb before factions even came out. It was a mix of a Me/Mo with vengence or some other party rez, mop, and 1 single ranger usually a couple warriors with charge so they could chain it and get to you ASAP. This is when armor switching was still possible, the mesmers would kill themselves with illuision of weakness, the ranger had frenzy i think, and the infuser just infused himself to death on the hard rez, same with the bip. When done right you could do a double pump EoE bomb on 1 mop, and the matches were like ~20 seconds.

There used to be a video of them running this on multiple maps in tombs on youtube, but i cant seem to find it atm.
    I know what EoE bomb was and who used to run them. And check this out...

"Another success story for The Spearmen is the popular "gimmick" build known as the Edge Bomb. Short for "Edge of Extinction Bomb," the build involves a full party of players designed to kill themselves on short notice, with one player using Mark of Protection to survive the bomb and quickly resurrect his comrades. The death of seven players at once deals a significant amount of damage. This particular build has also received a recent nerf, making it much harder to pull off." [Source: GW Website]

And EoE bomb had nothing to do with Factions. It was quite prevalent when Tomb was changed to HA and iWay was at its peek.

- Vela
    Last edited by Vela; 13-09-2007 at 13:12.
    Vela - IGN: Vela Iviana [Club]

Where man in all his truest glory lives,
    And nature's face is exquisitely sweet;
    For those fair climes I heave impatient sigh,
    There let me live and there let me die.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kongkingx View Post

That's right.

I clearly remember during IWAY heydays. American ****ing district can go up to 9. International districts? up to 2.

on what planet are you smoking....international district was NEVER 2 districts, even during the IWAY season. International district was were players would organize blood spikes, ranger spikes, eoe bombs, vimway, and ranked iway. Not to mention balanced teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzman View Post
    so your telling me that a new player raged HA because killcount is gayer then alter holding? Or ritspike is more imbalanced then paraway?
    No, you just can't read/decided to take what I said out of context.

New players start off, but they never stay because the current players are ranked, and farming fame with gimmicks, so the new players never win. New players don't have a good chance of winning maps like kill count, king of the hill or relic runs, and judging by how many rank whiners this game has, most don't have the motivation to learn.

The mechanics are keeping new players from progressing to a point where they would want to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by kongkingx View Post

That's right.

American districts collapsed at one point when all the IWAY scrubs discovered the internetional districts. IDs were never 'just 2' except in the very very beginning, and now of course.
    Last edited by B Ephekt; 13-09-2007 at 17:54.

I remember being new at HA and balking at the sheer amount of game mechanics and broken strategies surrounding them I had to learn to get higher. And that was just Relic Runs and Altar Holding.

Imagine a new player now, that has to learn the mechanics, mannerisms, gimmicks, and strategies for 2 different Cap Points (which each have their own strategy), relic runs pre HoH, relic running in HoH, and altar holding.

thats a lot to learn, and no one thinks to tell you about them except in the 30 seconds before the match starts.
    IGN: Ranger Nietzsche
    Officer of 치 The Spearmen 치 [치치치치]
    NPC: Nichi the Ranger. Location: Halls of Chokhin. More responsive to flames than me.

I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

thats a lot to learn, and no one thinks to tell you about them except in the 30 seconds before the match starts.
    thats why I believe that the only solution (apart from scrapping fame and rank emotes - no support there) is to get Anet to start again from scratch and see what needs doing now that there are no more professions coming. HA has just gone from bad to worse first by the introduction of scrolls to get to elite missions and has now reached rock bottom on usefulness thanks to the loss of favor of the gods (no need when districts can be visited as many times as you like). put it back to how it used to be and let the new generation of PvPers decide whats good and whats bad about it.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Then we can all agree that Ha should be 8v8 in a very large sand box. B Ephekt you do have a point, there is really just to much a new player has to get used to suddenly. TA used to be not to far from the Ha enivorment but that went to hell when all the idiots discovered that AB is a whole lot easier then Ta. Now Ta is Ra's backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzman View Post
    on what planet are you smoking....international district was NEVER 2 districts, even during the IWAY season. International district was were players would organize blood spikes, ranger spikes, eoe bombs, vimway, and ranked iway. Not to mention balanced teams.

oh yea? that was maybe 2nd quarter of 2006 and beyond.

I was talking about 3rd-4th quarter of 2005 up to 1st quarter of 06

American districts collapsed at one point when all the IWAY scrubs discovered the internetional districts. IDs were never 'just 2' except in the very very beginning, and now of course.
    No. It collapsed when OoV was ****ed up and intrinsics of the Warrior armor was changed. People thought that IWAY was dead that point. Good thing, Factions came with OoApostasy and IWAY was revived. Then skilled hardcore iwayers from American districts (mostly from Europe) formed IWAY in IDs and newbie iwayers who used to flock the American districts cannot keep up so they changed to noobier (spike) builds or maybe quit the game.

Learn your Tombs history.
    Last edited by kongkingx; 13-09-2007 at 22:48.

The good players were always in ID, from almost the beginning. Way back to the LuLu and Air Jordan days. I was never in the IWAY circles, so I don't know what you guys did.

I remember the pants****ting when OoV was fixed, but the IWAYers were in IDs before that as far as I remember. I remember because everyone would tell them to go back to ADs with the rest of the scrubs.
    skilled hardcore iwayers
    Nice oxymoron.
    Last edited by B Ephekt; 13-09-2007 at 23:25.