PC Gaming News
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 333
  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzman View Post
    there was close to, 7 active american districts in those days. They was unranked iway, unranked balance, unranked bloodspike. If that was more common HA would have continued to grow, but it didn't.
    Yea. And I remember districts can go past above 7.

  2. #112
    GWOnline.Net Member B Ephekt's Avatar
    Posts

    3,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Vela View Post
    I always said most people did not get R9 playing balanced. And if I ask almost anyone who still plays and has a tiger emote how he/she got the emote, and do I even have to guess what these people will tell me? "...Playing balanced, of course. Some may be gimmicks, but, mostly balanced." I have no issue in you supporting your path to R9 being balanced, as I am not here to prove that you did not. But, when you tell good players got high rank only by playing balanced, I absolutely disagree to that. However, in the last post you agreed to play every possible gimmicks. And, hope you consider yourself a 'good player' so, I think we can leave it at that.
    Fair enough.
    However, it simply is mind-boggling how people go about the gimmick builds. Noobs play it. Leet play balanced. No, these builds are not so easy to build or play that a Noob can build them and play them effectively to make them popular on their own. Most of these FotMs and puggable builds are made by people with extensive knowledge of the game including skill synergies, tactics, arena mechanisms and what not. Most of these builds were made popular to the mass by good players who got extensive success with these builds. And extensive success quantitatively means fame in HA, does it not?
    People complain because most gimmicks dumb down the game play by making it completely one dimensional. If everyone runs X, then you either run X with the meta or run Y to counter the meta. If you're good you could run Z and deal with X and Y reasonable while not hard countering them, but who wants to fight through a bunch of X and Y non-stop? That's not a while lot of options, and makes for extremely boring game play.

    I'd say that gimmicks are worse these days because there is usually just one of them instead of multiple. If you tomb today, you're going to fight thumper/spiritway on every single map. Where is the fun in that?

    And I wonder what rank were you in glory days. Did you get your R9 in 'glory days'. You got it much after that, correct? Also, 'glory days' were actually 'we are all noob days' as the game was brand new and people were still fathoming the game.
    I was a noob like everyone else, but at least we learned how to play the game.

  3. #113
    GWOnline.Net Member Wet One's Avatar
    Posts

    428
    Quote Originally Posted by Vela View Post
    And I wonder what rank were you in glory days. Did you get your R9 in 'glory days'. You got it much after that, correct? Also, 'glory days' were actually 'we are all noob days' as the game was brand new and people were still fathoming the game.
    - Vela

    I got my R9 nearly 20 months ago, back in the glory days of tombs (notice the name, not HA, TOMBS!!!!!) It was late Jan/early Feb 2006...

  4. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet One View Post
    I got my R9 nearly 20 months ago, back in the glory days of tombs (notice the name, not HA, TOMBS!!!!!) It was late Jan/early Feb 2006...

    Same! I got rank 9 back in the glory days too. December 2005. I was the 4th one in our guild to get it and I was a ****ing scrubby IWAY trapper!

    And if we didn't focus on GvG and just concentrated on farming whining noobs back then (up to the point wherein Tiger's Fury was nerfed), I should've been one of the hardcore IWAYers who are now close to rank 15..

    Quote Originally Posted by B Ephekt View Post
    I'd say that gimmicks are worse these days because there is usually just one of them instead of multiple. If you tomb today, you're going to fight thumper/spiritway on every single map. Where is the fun in that?

    I clearly remember the same whines back then. Before, you see people posting in forums complaining about IWAY after IWAY that they face and the funny thing is that these people are those who don't win HoH and/or get beaten by the 3rd IWAY team that they face.

    And now, you are complaining about thumpway which you can rape in a few minutes because it's a weak *** build.

    My point?

    When will people stop complaining?
    Last edited by kongkingx; 22-09-2007 at 00:14.

  5. #115
    GWOnline.Net Member mmorpg man's Avatar
    Posts

    1,355
    When will people stop complaining?
    who knows? some people just don't understand that whatever Anet nurf there will always be a build which is superia in 9/10 senarios and will then be turned into a gimmick.

  6. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
    I disagree, I once went into HA as a ranger, and got into a Spirit/thumpway PuG, and made plenty of fame (Im not that proud) and I've barely ever done HA before. So, yes, they are that easy to play effectively.
    I wrote this....

    Quote Originally Posted by Vela View Post
    No, these builds are not so easy to build or play that a Noob can build them and play them effectively to make them popular on their own.
    Read full sentence first, then understand what meaning it contains and then quote the full sentence please.

    New players play builds in HA after they are made popular by others, more experienced people. And rightfully so. That's what I said.

    - Vela
    Vela - IGN: Vela Iviana [Club]

    Where man in all his truest glory lives,
    And nature's face is exquisitely sweet;
    For those fair climes I heave impatient sigh,
    There let me live and there let me die.


  7. #117
    GWOnline.Net Member shardfenix's Avatar
    Posts

    616
    There have been many builds noobs put together and played. Depending on what your definition of a noob is, maybe not. The point is, no build run by 8 bad players should ever beat a build run by 8 good players. This is why PvP isn't fun. Too many bad players, too little skill involved.

  8. #118
    GWOnline.Net Member mmorpg man's Avatar
    Posts

    1,355
    There have been many builds noobs put together and played. Depending on what your definition of a noob is, maybe not. The point is, no build run by 8 bad players should ever beat a build run by 8 good players. This is why PvP isn't fun. Too many bad players, too little skill involved.
    every build has weeknesses so your logic is only true if the 2 teams are running the same build. its also highly unlikely that a build was made by an inexperienced player that turned into a gimmick (unless that person was immence on the theory of the game mechaniques but had some disability that prevented them from using the build).

    I do however agree that PvP can only be fun if playing against people of your own standard. playing against weaker players in boring because there is no challenge and playing against people stronger than you is boring as well because there is no chance in winning. how do we solve this problem? but shortening the gap between experienced and inexperienced players and the only way to do that is to get rid of elitism.

    SOLUTION (you've probably all heard it before but I'll say it again) - get rid of fame and the emotes for it. now many of you may say thats not fair when we worked so hard to get it. boo hoo, get over it. and yes if I was r9+ I would still be here saying this so don't try using that against me.

    if any of you want to say I'm just whining that HA is too hard then let me ask you something: whats the difference between you whining about "working hard" for your glorious fame and inexperienced players whining about not having them?

  9. #119
    bottomline is that if you got owned and you cried, you're not only a noob but also you're a scrub.

  10. #120
    GWOnline.Net Member mmorpg man's Avatar
    Posts

    1,355
    bottomline is that if you got owned and you cried, you're not only a noob but also you're a scrub.
    just because you lose a match doesn't mean you're a noob.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off