PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

RA/FA Ultimate Backstabber

Now that GW:EN is out, you can finally make the ULTIMATE RA/FA build. And by ultimate I mean "most horrible"

Me/Mo

Illusion 12+3+1+3 (2x Superior Rune)
    Fast Casting 12+3
    Inspiration 3+3

Armor: All +10 while in a stance
    Weapon: Sword w/+30 life, shield with +30 life/-2 dmg in stance

Total Health: 240

1. Mantra of Recovery (1/2 skill recharge to spam these skills)
    2. Aneurysm
    3. Illusion of Pain
    4. Drain Delusions
    5. Life Attunement
    6. Illusion of Weakness
    7. Resurrect
    8. Channeling

You might be thinking, what is the point of this build? The point is actually to be the most inane, anger provoking build possible. Let's go down the list...

1. MOR is just there so you can spam this stuff when needed
    2. Aneurysm: at 0 domination, you can give EVERY ENEMY all their energy back every 2.5 seconds! They will take barely any damage. Neato! If you happen to hit an ele or something and hurt them too much...
    3 & 4. Cast Illusion of Pain followed IMMEDIATELY by #4, Drain delusions. This will heal them for 150 life! The foe will lose energy, which is SAD, but hey you can follow up with another Aneurysm to restore their lost energy! You can heal the enemy team very rapidly this way.
    5. Just in case some warrior or ranger on your team decides he's gonna do extra damage to make up for your backstabbing, throw life attunement on them to lower their dmg by 30%!!! Plus, since you have 0 pts in healing, they will not really gain any healing bonus!
    6. If your monk is doing too good a job at keeping you alive, cast this at any time to kill yourself. You have JUST enough HP to not survive the casting!
    7. Of course with all this helping the enemy team, your teammates might die. Good thing you can rez them at 25% life, 0% energy! And with 16 fast casting you will probably beat out your other teammates attempts at using their rez!
    8. A good way to keep up energy without hurting the enemy team.

OK so in summary this build

1. Heals enemies
    2. Lowers your team's damage
    3. Gives foes full energy, and heals anneurysm damage
    4. Rezzes teammates in a way that guarantees they die
    5. Has a self destruct button!

For maximum efficiency announce your build at the start of the fight. This works better in AB since your whole team can't just leave instantly.

as a final note this is a joke, I would never play this build, but isn't it hilarious to see how evil these skills allow you to be???!
    ULGG Officer
    IGNs: Zala Kimbazi (Mesmer), Kiith Arts (Ranger), Reticent Druhn (Ritualist)
    Currently, "Wingspan > thread" has 4 votes. Agree with WiNG? Use the quote!
    Watch my video if you enjoy laughing! || Play this build if you are 1337

I would suggest you take Shatter Delusions instead of Drain Delusions.
    Since you have 0 points in Domination, it will only deal 15 Damage, meaning that you can heal the enemy for 135 without draining their energy pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafrank View Post
    I would suggest you take Shatter Delusions instead of Drain Delusions.
    Since you have 0 points in Domination, it will only deal 15 Damage, meaning that you can heal the enemy for 135 without draining their energy pool.
    I thought about that, but Drain Delusions only drains 3 energy, which you can give back with anneurysm for only 3 damage. Plus Drain Delusions has a net +1 energy gain, which allows you to cast spells longer.

Also you can use Drain to pull mesmer hexes from your teammates off of foes!!!!
    ULGG Officer

GWOnline.Net Member
    lol this will be fun

Easily the build of the year. Kudos for the find.

If I may make a suggestion, an alternative setup could have a MeRa come in with Energizing Winds. This will speed up all skill recharges for everyone by 50%, friend and foe alike, for the cost of 30% extra energy.

Since you are giving your foes their energy back, they can benefit from this buff without the penalty while your team suffers. Throw Roaring Winds in there while you're at it as it causes Shouts and Chants to cost more energy.

It's a win win.
    Last edited by arredondo; 14-09-2007 at 21:01.

LOL Energizing Wind, that could free up the elite slot to use for E management!

And let me just say I am honored that arredondo has given this a thumb's up.

OK who is up for a FA sync build? 6x mesmer enemy healers?! I bet as Kurzick we can ENSURE turtle survival for the whole match!
    ULGG Officer

I will try this at the Kurzick AB/FA since I love the Kurz....

"Hey look the Turtle is dying hooray!!!"...
    oh wait...huh?
    *sieged*
    "Ugh I died, oh wait, yay I'm alive again..."
    *luxon warrior whacks you*
    "huh?"

seriously I will, go look for me.

You, sir, are this generation's Jonathan Swift...and I mean it sincerely this time.

(Note how most skills which help your enemies belong to the Mesmer. )

Well at least we all know who to kill when someone tries this build out :X

Take restore life, it heals for less. Or Rebirth so all their skills are disabled.
    Last edited by Terra Xin; 15-09-2007 at 02:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Xin View Post
    Well at least we all know who to kill when someone tries this build out :X

Take restore life, it heals for less. Or Rebirth so all their skills are disabled.
    Rebirth FTW! With 0 in Protection for maximum skill lockdown.

Not sure which build is the funniest - this one, or that Mo/Ne one that lets you turn an undead army on your own team.