PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfanboi View Post
    What class combo has the biggest hits? I believe the Scythe has the largest damage range? but does it offer the largest hits when skills are involved?
    Strictly in terms of DPS, hammers are your best bet. Then come scythes, then axes. All of this is regular or increased attack speed wailing on a non-moving 60AL target. When you add skills into it, things get a lot trickier. It depends a great deal here whether you mean this for PvE or PvP. If PvE someone else can help you better- although it's not uncommon for me to slap someone for 240dmg on my dervish, for what that's worth. For PvP, warriors and dervishes are going to give you the best sustainable DPS. Sins can do a bit, but for a varierty of reasons not worth getting into they end up being ultimately very poor at it.

There are 3 melee classes in Guild Wars: Assassin, Warrior, and Dervish

Assassin: Strikes fast and furious, and have long down time. Usually active for about 5~10 seconds, then down for 20 seconds.
    Warrior: While not as fast as Assassin, they still pack quite a punch. Their damage potentials rivals with Assassin, while have less down time. Usually active for 10 seconds, then down for 10 seconds.
    Dervish: Is the most enduring class of the 3. Their damage is considerably less than Assassin and Warrior, but they can stay active for...almost forever...

fordfanboi
    Thanks for the great info!

Yes, I was wondering about the biggest number on the screen. The Paragon / Warrior I am running now amazes me with the sustained damage output from range. I do hit 60-70's using the ( 4 adrenaline ) +34 damage attack in PVE, and with the 25% persistant attack speed increase and 100% increased adrenaline regen, I always have +17 or +34 skills lit up to use. I don't have to chase things around the terrain, so it's a pretty decent non-elite build - and I rarely take damage.

But...

Now that I'm looting some max damage weapons, I'm wanting to goof around with big attack classes, then fast attack classes and see which I like best. Ya'lls answers have helped me tons!

Thanks!

For a big damage number on a paragon try getting a 20/20 sundering prok critical hit with cruel spear. You can add in anthem of envy for even more fun.

If you're looking for crazy damage over time with quite a few big hits in between... Well a few of my guildies (I'm a monk) have fun running a cleave warrior with conjure flame... while a ritualist maintains Strength and Honor (+13 armor ignoring damage) and when appropriate Judge's Insight (20% armor piercing, and double damage to undead) on them at 12 smiting. You end up doing like 50 damage with normal attacks and upwards of 75-80 with attack skills, every few seconds.

So...you're looking for big numbers eh?

I would say Ranger's pet make the biggest number. Their base attack already rivals hammer and scythe, that...plus Enraged Lunge and Feral Aggression can achieve +90 damage. They can easily hit over 100 and 150 on crit.

Dervish by a mile. Until i see an assassin capable of doing 650 damage to undead in 1 attack or 600 damage to other more armoured enemies in 3 attacks.

without weapon skills, the hammer has the best average dps, the scythe has the higher damage potential & criticals, but a low minimum damage.

with weapon skills, the assassin has the best dps in the game, with mobious and death blossom under flurry or conjure x. however, the assassin is the easiest melee char to shut down, and u wont be doing much with the auto attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Drec Sutal View Post
    Well a few of my guildies (I'm a monk) have fun running a cleave warrior with conjure flame... while a ritualist maintains Strength and Honor (+13 armor ignoring damage) and when appropriate Judge's Insight (20% armor piercing, and double damage to undead) on them at 12 smiting. You end up doing like 50 damage with normal attacks and upwards of 75-80 with attack skills, every few seconds.
    Er, conjure flame and judges? Conjure only works if you're wielding a fire weapon. Judges makes your weapon do holy damage. You gotta pick one or the other, not both.

Quote Originally Posted by SurviverX View Post
    Dervish: Is the most enduring class of the 3. Their damage is considerably less than Assassin and Warrior, but they can stay active for...almost forever...
    incorrect ive seen many dervishs outmatch a warrior EASYLY

incorrect ive seen many dervishs outmatch a warrior EASYLY
    the game isnt based on 1 on 1, but i think hes talking about the pve tanking dervishes with mystical regen and the like.. if ure talking about the same, its pretty obvious that it will outlast a warrior 1 on 1 since it greatly outheals him

in terms of pvp, axe and sword wars are the most naturally durable melee class (without having to actually bring defensive skills), and most carry offensive skills that can be used on defense, such as shock and agonizing