PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    FOW monument bugged

    As stated on the Community Discussion forum, the aquiring of the FoW monument is currently bugged. Even if you complete all of the quests in the Fissure of Woe, half of the time you won't be rewarded with a monument.

    Last night I tried it with 7 alliance members and one hero. We cleared every single quest, had no disconnects, but still no monument. Hours of work for nothing.

    Additionally the quest "The Hunt" is also still bugged, making it harder for the entire party to get the monument anyway. If someone takes the quest "The Hunt", the first Shard Wolf spawns right in the middle of a mob of enemies and is instantly killed. Anyone who does not have the quest yet before this happens can never complete it during that run. The Shard Wolf only counts as killed, if you got the quest before it was killed. This needs to be fixed badly. It's a bug that's been there since the beginning.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Van Der Sloot View Post
    As stated on the Community Discussion forum, the aquiring of the FoW monument is currently bugged. Even if you complete all of the quests in the Fissure of Woe, half of the time you won't be rewarded with a monument.

    Last night I tried it with 7 alliance members and one hero. We cleared every single quest, had no disconnects, but still no monument. Hours of work for nothing.

    Additionally the quest "The Hunt" is also still bugged, making it harder for the entire party to get the monument anyway. If someone takes the quest "The Hunt", the first Shard Wolf spawns right in the middle of a mob of enemies and is instantly killed. Anyone who does not have the quest yet before this happens can never complete it during that run. The Shard Wolf only counts as killed, if you got the quest before it was killed. This needs to be fixed badly. It's a bug that's been there since the beginning.
    I have already opened a bug report for this, even thought it needs a bump it seems as went back to page 3 >.<, it's in here:
    http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...d.php?t=463391

  3. #3
    Now with the recent updates, these being the most important:

    1. Fixed a bug in the Underworld that incorrectly awarded completion for the quest "The Terrorweb Queen" if the player had previously completed the quest "The Demon Assassin". This error prevented players from being awarded the Underworld Hall of Monuments trophy.

    2. Made changes to the Fissure of Woe quests "Defend the Temple of War", "The Wailing Lord". "The Eternal Forgemaster", and "The Hunt" to prevent errors from occurring when the party completes the quests prior to accepting them.

    Can any1 confirm whether they have had a resonable success rate of getting the statue after these updates, since it hasn't been made retroactive (like usual) so have to do it all again, only i dont wanna spend 4 hours again for it to say 'Out of Order' in my HoM still

  4. #4
    GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    Veteran6 months registered5000 Experience Points
    fido's Avatar
    Posts

    7

    Angry The Hunt quest is still bugged

    I can sadly confirm that "The Hunt" quest is still bugged.

    I completed all the FOW quests with some of my guildmates yesterday evening. We completed The Hunt quest last, but we had not cleared the place for monsters before accepting the quest. When we accepted the reward after completion one of us found out that he still needed to kill one shard wolf. But he didn't have an arrow showing where the shard wolf was.
    This of course made the whole party feel rather miserably at a time where we should have partied to celebrate our accomplishment.

    The rest of us got our statue in HoM as far as I know.

  5. #5
    I know that it denys you the monument if you /resign to leave. As it happend to me we ended up doing it again but leaving(zoning) instead of using /resign and we got it.

    This was before any new updates. Hope you find this useful.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    I know that it denys you the monument if you /resign to leave. As it happend to me we ended up doing it again but leaving(zoning) instead of using /resign and we got it.

    This was before any new updates. Hope you find this useful.
    Hmm, me and a mate just did all fow quests and we resigned at the end, and we both got our statue. So I don't think resigning does a thing... We didn't even totally clear FoW, just 75% I think. We did this before the update.

  7. #7
    We will pass this along to QA so that they can investigate. (I believe it was in the CS this week, but I'll send it just to make sure.)
    Gaile Gray
    Community Relations Manager
    ArenaNet

  8. #8
    And here is what I heard from QA: We have confirmed that The Hunt will not complete correctly for multiple players if some of them receive the quest after a shard Wolf has already been killed. This is being tracked (in our internal bug listings). Fixes are already in the works on Dev.

    This means that you will likely see a fix for this within the next several days. If further testing is required, it may be a week or a bit more. Thanks for your report.
    Gaile Gray
    Community Relations Manager
    ArenaNet

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaile View Post
    And here is what I heard from QA: We have confirmed that The Hunt will not complete correctly for multiple players if some of them receive the quest after a shard Wolf has already been killed. This is being tracked (in our internal bug listings). Fixes are already in the works on Dev.

    This means that you will likely see a fix for this within the next several days. If further testing is required, it may be a week or a bit more. Thanks for your report.
    Hi Gaile,

    My guild mates and I cleared FOW on Monday night and all of us were able to get our monuments (and I got my mesmer's fow armor yay!)--we grabbed the shard wolf quest last after completing the other quests and clearing almost all the monsters and had no problems. Hopefully this is fixed so everyone else can get their cool monument too.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydia Merchan View Post
    Hi Gaile,

    My guild mates and I cleared FOW on Monday night and all of us were able to get our monuments (and I got my mesmer's fow armor yay!)--we grabbed the shard wolf quest last after completing the other quests and clearing almost all the monsters and had no problems. Hopefully this is fixed so everyone else can get their cool monument too.
    Just cleared FoW, and guess what, QUEST BUGGED, while we actually took the quest before killing anything. we both didnt get the quest updated.
    Thanks anet for making us waste 3 hours on nothing...
    I guess we're just ****ed, because anet doesnt compensate you for their bugs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •