PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cavscout
    Quote Originally Posted by Drec Sutal View Post
    Paragons have insane built in energy management. Don't bother with either of those. Instead, get 12 leadership (with runes), maintain Aggressive Refrain (using anthem of flame) and spam "Go For The Eyes!" for 6 energy every few seconds. You'll do decent damage, buff other martial attackers, *and* have enough energy to power any spell you want.

The skill description that I have for "Go For The Eyes!" doesn't say anything about boosting energy, it just says attacks will have a 30% higher chance to crit.

Quote Originally Posted by cavscout View Post
    The skill description that I have for "Go For The Eyes!" doesn't say anything about boosting energy, it just says attacks will have a 30% higher chance to crit.
    Of course it doesn't. Read the description for the paragon's primary attribute - Leadership. ("You gain 1 Energy for each ally affected by one of your Shouts or Chants (maximum 1 Energy for every 2 ranks)" in other words you gain 6 energy per shout at 12 leadership, in a party of 8 that doesn't spread out too much.) GFTE is an extremely quickly recharging shout that doesn't cost energy to use.

Aggressive refrain is used to boost your attack speed so that you can spam GFTE more often, and deal more damage. It lasts for about 20 seconds, but gets reapplied every time a shout ends on you. Anthem of flame can be used once every 11 seconds, and costs energy not adren so that it can be used to keep up aggressive all the time, even out of battle. Because it costs 5 energy, you also actually gain energy from using it. At 12 leadership anthem of flame will also cause 3 seconds of burning.
    Last edited by Drec Sutal; 24-09-2007 at 05:18.

cavscout
    Quote Originally Posted by Drec Sutal View Post
    Of course it doesn't. Read the description for the paragon's primary attribute - Leadership. ("You gain 1 Energy for each ally affected by one of your Shouts or Chants (maximum 1 Energy for every 2 ranks)" in other words you gain 6 energy per shout at 12 leadership, in a party of 8 that doesn't spread out too much.) GFTE is an extremely quickly recharging shout that doesn't cost energy to use.

Aggressive refrain is used to boost your attack speed so that you can spam GFTE more often, and deal more damage. It lasts for about 20 seconds, but gets reapplied every time a shout ends on you. Anthem of flame can be used once every 11 seconds, and costs energy not adren so that it can be used to keep up aggressive all the time, even out of battle. Because it costs 5 energy, you also actually gain energy from using it. At 12 leadership anthem of flame will also cause 3 seconds of burning.
    Thanks for clarifying that with me. Your advice is really helping me out with my build.

cavscout
    I'm assuming that even though the spear is a ranged weapon, you can still fight with it in close quarters combat?

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Yes, same as with any other ranged weapon.