PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Zomg a whole level 18 Flame Djinn with ONE WHOLE SPELL! Oh and the 60 second recharge when this level 18 dies in the first 10 seconds. And the fact only 1 can be active.

No i think i'll take a useful PvE skill.

Quote Originally Posted by jciardha View Post
    Illusion Magic 16 + Signet of Illusions = L21 Vanguard Assassin. And one can echo the Summon. I presume it would be similar for the Asura Summons. I don't have the Asura ones yet, since Polymock keeps annoying me.
    Nar. You can echo the assassin, but not the asura summons. Asura summons have the condition that only one can be active at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by kendel
    Zomg a whole level 18 Flame Djinn with ONE WHOLE SPELL! Oh and the 60 second recharge when this level 18 dies in the first 10 seconds. And the fact only 1 can be active.

No i think i'll take a useful PvE skill.
    Kendel, compare the ruby djinn with the spell "Immolate". If I bring immolate on my skill bar, I can set people on fire for the cost of 10 energy. But I need to have points in fire magic. If I bring summon ruby djinn, I can summon the djinn for 10 energy, and that djinn will cast immolate a few times before it runs out or is killed. It will also act as a buffer for damage, and it also saves me some casting time (since it is casting immolate and not me. I can summon the djinn before the battle begins). That sounds like a good deal to me. In short, I don't think the summon skills are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by karadoc View Post
    Kendel, compare the ruby djinn with the spell "Immolate". If I bring immolate on my skill bar, I can set people on fire for the cost of 10 energy. But I need to have points in fire magic. If I bring summon ruby djinn, I can summon the djinn for 10 energy, and that djinn will cast immolate a few times before it runs out or is killed. It will also act as a buffer for damage, and it also saves me some casting time (since it is casting immolate and not me. I can summon the djinn before the battle begins). That sounds like a good deal to me. In short, I don't think the summon skills are useless.
    I Am The Strongest
    Finish Him
    You move like a Dwarf
    Pain Inverter
    Ursan Blessing
    Asuran Scan
    Dodge This
    Alkars Alchemical Acid
    Light of Deldrimor
    Great Dwarf Armour
    Great Dwarf Weapon
    Dwarven Stability
    Ebon Battle Standard of Courage/Wisdom/Honour
    Sunspear Rebirth Signet
    Cry of Pain
    Necrosis

Erm... probably others

All vastly superior to the pathetic summons. A level 18 Flame Djinn, with 1 almost useless skill, especially if you have SF eles as the burning part probably won't even be noticed, with an unknown amount of fire magic is in no way worth replacing the others.

I like polymock but, Anet should :

a. Increase the rep point reward from Polymock.
    b. Triple the number of currently available polymock opponents.
    c. Make PvP polymock available.

No, because PvP polymock would be the ultimate example of time > skill. Nothing to do with how skilled you are, its down to how strong the polymock pieces you've bought are.