PC Gaming News

Guild wars servers down?

Hmm, when i try to enter it says that i cannot conect to server and bla bla bla, what happened? Its only me or the entire guild wars servers are down?

Well I just got on, so it isn't ANET being down. Also this is the only thread about it so I assume the european servers aren't down. So it is just you.

If you leave GW on in the background (not actually closing out) and try to log on after so many hours after an update, it won't allow you to. You will then need to close out of GW and download the latest update (which we did have one today).

I'd say it was you. I've had the game running in the back ground most of the day and had no problems.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Double check your windows firewall settings, reboot your cable/dsl mode, and any routers, and then your PC. Unfortunately, the last time I had that problem, I ended up having to re-download the gw.dat file, not fun.

Sounds like you either lingered in an old build too long or you have a firewall issue.

Close GW completely and restart it, better yet, re-boot your machine. If you still can't connect, remove the "allow" entry from your software-based firewall(s) then when you try to run the program again you should get a prompt to re-allow.

Hmm, when i try to enter it says that i cannot conect to server and bla bla bla, what happened? Its only me or the entire guild wars servers are down?
    this happens to me as well but its not the guildwars servers but my own internet connection. basically get a better connection and it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hidenseek View Post
    I'd say it was you. I've had the game running in the back ground most of the day and had no problems.
    they said if it runs all day while prompting you to close out of guildwars to download the new build.

but if restarting the game from the desktop dont work just restart the comp or do the thing in the firewall mentioned above.

it has recently updated your firewall may have blocked it so look into that