PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Madness...

as a european; i weep tears onto my barren pc-gamer issue. now my pc gamer tissue.

At least you guys can enter these competitions. Neither the EU one or the American one has any way for Australia to enter >_<.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    Actually, we get a crapload of Grawl as well, which Americans could have gotten from going to expos.
    ...If you lived relatively close to where the convention took place. Us on the East Coast haven't had that much of a chance to get one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    Actually, we get a crapload of Grawl as well, which Americans could have gotten from going to expos.
    Not all americans are even close to where those expos were. I for one am not going to drive 500-1000 miles just to go to an expo to get a min crawl. Altho i would love to have got one but it just wasn't it to drive across america to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by kazmodan View Post
    as a european; i weep tears onto my barren pc-gamer issue. now my pc gamer tissue.
    I was in a bad mood on account of having to pay £6 to not-win a lottery here in the UK, but your post cheered me write up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticCoyote View Post
    Yup, ANet has implemented yet-another in-game lottery for a select group of players.

It amazes me that they completely fail to understand that giving a very few very desirable items out only makes a tiny minority instantly rich. Just look at all the people selling these "rare" minis in the major towns -- this is essentially giving away gold, and another example of ANet's hypocrisy.

My comments do not stem from jealousy, BTW. I have a couple rare minis; my characters all have all the 15k armor I like, and I've got substantial gold and items in storage.

And if I *do* win any mini other than the Naga (which I want) -- I'll sell it, probably for a lot less than the current going prices. If Anet wants to run a lottery, I'll be glad to accept the loot.

My complaint is ANet's consistency in saying one thing and doing another. It's not hard to find groups because of heroes -- it's hard to find groups because ANet has chased people away.
    Hypocrisy? Minis have been given away since Factions, and since the 1st round of birthdays. I'm sure there are plenty of people that have been made instantly rich because of them, and this is not terribly different, but surely you can't compare randomly acquiring a rare minipet and then selling it for gold (which adds no gold to the economy, it just moves it around) and bot activities that pump gold into the economy continuously. I say this mainly because I can't find anything else that they've done that compares at all; farfetched is the best I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Ryan View Post
    1 per account and it runs a few months with each month 1000 winners....
    + useless, yeah, but worthless ? Hell no.
    Direct Quote from the Site you linked yourself...

"Once a month—in October, November, and December of 2007—we will make a random drawing of eligible players in Canada and the United States who have filled out the Mini Mania entry form on the website. 125 will be chosen each month....."

that adds up to 375... not the 3000 you calculated... sorry, you just kinda walked into that one. And if you'll check as well, they've given each mini a limited amount per mini (a.k.a another quote "
    • The Naga Raincaller (maximum 90; 30 per month)
    • The Long-Haired Yeti (maximum 90; 30 per month)
    • The Oni (maximum 90; 30 per month)
    • Shiroken Assassin (maximum 45; 15 per month)
    • Zhed Shadowhoof (maximum 45; 15 per month)
    • Vizu (maximum 15; 5 per month)
    "). Please check your info before diving into a rant. And please, check the number of special minis given out in the U.S. in comparison to other countries on the unofficial wiki which i cannot link.

I wonder who's country will get the chicken little mini-pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Misato View Post
    At least you guys can enter these competitions. Neither the EU one or the American one has any way for Australia to enter >_<.
    *sigh* That is the life of us Australians. Trapped in a miniature-less realm of despair with nothing but the Asura miniature from PC Powerplay >.> I've had to buy my Grey Giant in-game and get my American friend to buy me a PC Gamer issue for the Destroyer. Only miniature I really want is a Naga and the only chance I've had was the *possibility* of getting one in the Brand the Boss Contest >.> WTB More Australia Miniature Promotions...

And here it goes once again, ANet proving that this is in no where near a community game. Once again they prove to me they're not treating every1 as equals and fairly. Whoever gets the better deal (which i still think is americans), the simple idea of saying 'THIS COUNTRY CAN GET SOMETHIN WHILST U CAN'T COS U DONT LIVE HERE' isn't ruining the community atmosphere that ANet keep saying they want from GW players?

They proved this when gaile said they wouldn't add 7 heros limit since it would 'ruin the community atmosphere'. Oh srry, so offering stuff to specific countries doesn't then? Is ANet seriously trying to make us europeans hate america in GW. They already have their own Districts so they're completely seperated from us (tho to be fair they have at least allowed us access to it with the new districts menu). They are now getting richer than us (thru selling these FREE pets at extortionate prices to the rest of the world).

So seriously ANet, do u really wanna cause a GW world war? because atm you are blatently treating each country differently which imo for a 'community' game is just ****. Quit treating us on the basis of where we live, or players will just think '**** this, why should I play GW2 when they might not like my country enough'. Way to go in selling ur sequel ANet, piss off countries enough that ur player base will be in america only since the rest of the world is just gonna resent u

EDIT: -
    and for those defenders out there that are undoubtedly gonna say 'They're only minipets, nothing to complain about'. Who's to say it's not gonna be somethin different in GW2? how would you feel if you knew a country other than ur own is allowed special armor that glows in the dark but ur not? This is hypathetical but whats to stop em from doing this? If people allow them to get away with minipets for specific countries, who's to say they wont open specific areas or mission in GW2 for certain countries? or maybe country specific titles?

My point is, just because u think minipets aren't important, does that make the pincipal correct?
    Last edited by duckboy; 09-10-2007 at 23:30.