PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PvE Assassin spike team

A guildy and I are working on a mostly PvE Assassin team for fun and giggles to take into dungeons and general PvE situations. With Anton [assassin] hero now available here's what we have come up with. All Hero's are fully runed and max green or gold weapons.

2 real assassins=US
    2 Anton hero's
    1 zenmai hero's
    1 Dunkoro LOD/Heal Party/extinguish
    2 Talkora Prot/hex removal/ZB/SOR

If healing works out good we may test cutting out one prot monk and adding another Zenmai.

Question:Has anyone tried this yet or have any PvE build suggestions for Assassin hero's that work well. From what I've read Zenmai doen't make good use of combos and please don't say Critical Barrager we will only use weapon builds. Again this is just for fun to see how a mostly full Assassin team does in normal/HM situation's.

Thx for any constructive input you have.
    Last edited by bonewizard; 10-10-2007 at 20:32.

I havent had any luck with assassin heroes. Any "good" sin bar they cant seem to play correctly. Id be interested to hear if anyone has had success as well.

Try:

Orders Necro (order of pain and Dark Fury)
    Smite/Prot monk (with Strength and Honor and signet of removal to keep everyone clean, even throw ZB in there if yo uwant as Sig activates it.)

Locust Fury Sins (one A/W with "watch yourself!" for the armour boost)
    OR
    Quick combo sins (black mantis thrust/unsuspecting strike/jagged strike+WIld Strike+Critical strike/shatter enchants)

Really powers up every hit you do. Locust fury is fun cause of the double strikes activating SoH and Orders twice. If yo utake order of vamp instead of dark fury+order of pain you get your life backup so quickly your monks sit and watch.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ArichValtrahn View Post
    I havent had any luck with assassin heroes. Any "good" sin bar they cant seem to play correctly. Id be interested to hear if anyone has had success as well.
    Me and Raven Flameheart had some luck testing Hero sin builds

Although that thread was really about Heroes that would optimally assist an assassin primary, I couldn't help but go a bit off-topic :3

Hope that helps!

I thought this was a thread where we were going to discuss the logistics of creating an all-sin team, to see if it was possible to do in general PvE -- and maybe even in the high-end stuff.

I also don't think the hero AI can run some of the really crazy builds (i.e. glass cannon builds, builds with multiple off-hands and duals, etc.).

That said, I'm intrigued by this. Keep us up to date with how this works out.

Hmm, maybe having a Fevered Dreams sin or mesmer in there somewhere might be of some use. I think heroes can use the standard DB MS build quite well, Zenmai seemed to do well against Shiro with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RadaArashi View Post
    Me and Raven Flameheart had some luck testing Hero sin builds

Although that thread was really about Heroes that would optimally assist an assassin primary, I couldn't help but go a bit off-topic :3

Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the info. Actually, youre using some skills I found to not work properly. Like Disrupting Dagger. My sin would spam it for damage instead of interrupting things with it. I wonder if thats why your sin didnt use Exhausting Assault. Perhaps they were waiting for the right condition to be met. Anyways, its lame stuff basically. The good sin bars require complex conditions to be met and just dont seem to translate well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqube View Post
    I thought this was a thread where we were going to discuss the logistics of creating an all-sin team, to see if it was possible to do in general PvE -- and maybe even in the high-end stuff.

I also don't think the hero AI can run some of the really crazy builds (i.e. glass cannon builds, builds with multiple off-hands and duals, etc.).

That said, I'm intrigued by this. Keep us up to date with how this works out.
    Yes, Mostly what I want help with is a mostly sin skill bar. Zero did give me a few good ideas about the armor boost and the smite prot monk Thx, Zero.
    Anyway I would like to have a mostly sin team and keep the crazy build for when it gets real bad lol.

Well what I posted I'd suggest four sins, the necro (who could even take Barbs and mark of pain ontop of all I've said to increase DPS even more) the smiter/prot (I run a smite/prot when doing a melee powerhouse through GW:EN, works like a charm, though I usually take Gift of health instead of prot so she's smite/heals :p) and then mhenlo (LoD) and Lina (fun fun prot).

I'd probably go the locust fury route cause it means you can fit more utility in such as snares, stance cancels, interrupts, enchant removers etc and get a larger benefit from Orders+SoH+Barbs+MoP. Hell could even throw in a splinter weapon if you wanted...

Melee heavy power house with Signet of Removal spam has never failed anywhere in PvE for me yet, including area's with Bsurge...(Mo/Me with mantra of inscriptions gives an insane recharge)
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

Well, I'm personally skeptical about "OK - We will takes lots of class X, OKAYS!" builds, builds they typically shoehorn classes where they're not really appropriate just for the sake of it. Even if it works, it's not about being the best choice, just a workable one.

My hero setup is :
    Me (assassin, with typical MBlossom build).
    Zenmai (Golden Fox, Wild Strike, Death Blossom, Moebius Strike, Crit Defence, Mystic Regen, Disrupting Dagger / Sin's Remedy, Res)
    Kahmu (Avvy of Lyssa - Radiant Scythe)
    Livia (Orders + Splinter Weapon).
    The rest I fill out with the interupt, healer, prot, and Earth hench. There's 2 assassins in this build, and I guess I could change Kahmu for one.

With your build, there's 3 monks, which I consider pretty excessive. I also like having wards at the back to keep casters safe from opposing melee. With humans, that wouldn't be so bad, but still it's worth thinking about. I also think your build has some problems with interrupts. In EotN, they are very important. I think that if you had 4 sins, as Zero suggests, with melee support (N/Rt), BHA-Volley (R/Rt), and two monks, you might be able to get away without wards if you're lucky.