PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

help new HA players!

I have a propersition for all ranked players in HA which is designed to help both ranked and unranked players in the long run and to improve the guildwars PvP community. here we go then.

next time you make a group let in 1 unranked player into your group and let him/her play. If they don't have the build you want or aren't that good then let them go (AKA kick them) but before you do that, wisper them telling them what you're about to do and give a valid reason (NOT SAYING "because you're a noob") and give them a piece of advice on how to improve their playstyle or build in order that they can learn. then its up to them to choose to take your advice and improve or not.

now before you all start flaming me saying "why should we waste our time training noobs", just think about what this could do for you. HA is becoming like JQ: empty all the time. I don't want that and I'm sure most of you don't want that either. many people (including me) say that players are leaving because of the unfriendly PvP community and the discrimination of ranks.

please help me to help others instead of yourselves all the time in order to preserve this arena.

In my experience when you kick a newbie for not having the build or being bad, they NEVER listen to any of your advice as to how to improve.

However, a decent amount of them actually DO have the builds, and are passable.
    IGN: Ranger Nietzsche
    Officer of 치 The Spearmen 치 [치치치치]
    NPC: Nichi the Ranger. Location: Halls of Chokhin. More responsive to flames than me.

I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

I mentioned playstyle as well as build. say for instance if they always stay on AoE or always trip the timer on the zaishen. that kind of thing as well. and if they don't listen to you then thats their problem.

Here Is Evidence That The Pvp Community Is The Least Friendly Of Any Game I've Played.

GWOnline.Net Member
    played freelancer in the past?
    no, then you didn't saw worse...

ok, no rank discrimination their, co'z their aren't rank like here. however a lot off other things.

I think newbies should help themselves because most of the good/successful guilds out there started by helping themselves.

You forgot one crucial thing about HA:

Nobody does it.

GWOnline.Net Member
    due to the death of HA, its almost impossible to form a new guild because unless you have connections, were are you going to recruit PvP players, we may have a major problem on our hands due to this...

due to the death of HA, its almost impossible to form a new guild because unless you have connections, were are you going to recruit PvP players, we may have a major problem on our hands due to this...
    which is why I brought up this suggestion in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by happy feet View Post
    Believe it or not but there are people willing to learn. People attitudes is what is killin HA. If the hail almighty ranked people would step off their rank emotes and take the time to teach people there would probably be more people than what is there now.
    I'm sure 2 years ago it was a hellva lot easier to get a group than it is today and the only ones to blame is that players. Everyone can blame anet all they want but until the player base realizes and rude and hateful they are, no new people are gonna step foot in there.
    And i really appreciate what mmorpg man is tryin to do. If everyone was this way then there might be more people in HA.