PC Gaming News
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyJ View Post
    Um, excuse me if I'm wrong but, wouldn't it be better to start out to actually learn than to run a gimmic build and gain rank and know nothin when you get a decent rank? What I gather from what you say is to run a gimmic build get some rank then start actually learning something. Personally I would rather take my time and learn something then to run a gimmic to get rank and look like a pure dumbass in a ranked group.
    yes it would be better but there are far too many ppl who come into HA and don't know how to kite, or get out of the AoE, or body block, or... you get the picture? it's easier to start with a gimmick build, pick up the basics, and then learn to build up your own team. better that way then to look like a dumbass while trying to lead a group. who knows you might pick up enough fame running a gimmick build and end up on a team that can further your education.

what you say is true but unrealistic and impractical in the current meta in HA. unless you are totally committed, have a lot of patience, and can deal with not having decent rank for a period of time.
    its a good thing that I do have a lot of patience and don't give a **** about rank.

yes it would be better but there are far too many ppl who come into HA and don't know how to kite, or get out of the AoE, or body block, or... you get the picture? it's easier to start with a gimmick build, pick up the basics, and then learn to build up your own team. better that way then to look like a dumbass while trying to lead a group. who knows you might pick up enough fame running a gimmick build and end up on a team that can further your education.
    lol, i doubt it. any sigh of "noobness" and its an immediate kick.
    Last edited by mmorpg man; 16-11-2007 at 22:37.

I went the hard way and read all the posts in this thread just because it caught my eye.

A few things:

1. I am a devoted PvE player in what is a mostly PvE guild now. My PvP experience is neglible. I had some bad luck with guilds before, so believe it or not, I had participated in 5 guild battles if that much. And whatever PvP i tried since then(read arenas) was funny for a while(some players really surprise me with what they can come up with ) and then it became boring. Just mindless deathmatches for no purpose and often uncoordinated teams in TA.

Question a lot of you are probably asking now is: Why is he posting here if he doesnt care about PvP?

Answer: I wanted to post my opinion about OP's idea. Which brings me to...

2. HA is something different. I have never been there, but it seems to have a bit special atmosphere. The maps are linked and you have a goal to reach.(getting to the halls and holding it, fame and rank is of no interest to me). I would like to reach that goal at least once, simply because I never did it before. Its not on my top priority list though.

Its highly uncertain if I do decide to work towards that as singlemindedly as towards my PvE goals, but OP's idea has my support. A friendlier approach would only help the GW community in general. I act accordingly in PvE as well, (having 26 maxed titles doesnt mean I will not help a new player)

From what I have read here, I liked Vela's posts very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vela View Post
    At any rate, this is all I say to any player who approaches me for a group in HA.... even if I want you in a group others will rage as they don't want to play with inexperienced folks. So, when I lead a group, I pick up a few newish folks I know as I know they listen much better than some of the 1337s I know.

A new player approached me for help the other nite. I could not help that person by taking him/her in my team. But gave some suggestions. Two weeks after I got a PM from that person thanking me as he/she got to r3. I asked why. This person said, I gave hope. I don't know for sure what I gave, but, I do know that 100% of the credit goes to that person for trying to make it and for eventually making it.

Goodluck to all of you for trying and making it there. Stay away from swearing, cursing and other stupid things most people do. Concentrate on having fun the right way. If cursing and doing stupid things give you extreme pleasure, do that elsewhere. Don't cheat, don't scam, play the game for fun and be successful in real life.
    A fine example of a friendly PvP player. You indeed gave hope. I understand how that guy must have felt. If you are willing, there is always a way to help.

Accepting unranked player from time to time cant be that bad, and if not, then some suggestions will help too. At least to a player who is willing to put some effort into it.

3. MMORPG Man, if that group of yours is still active and has not given up( I hope not), then feel free to contact me ingame or via a forum PM if you want to. The goals that are still left to be accomplished in PvE are all very longterm, so I wouldnt mind joining you. Probably not on regular basis though and I will not leave my guild. Its up to you if you want me.

IGN: Arcane Guardian Svk

P.S: I am immune to flaming and bashing, but feel free to flame me if you so desire.

3. MMORPG Man, if that group of yours is still active and has not given up( I hope not), then feel free to contact me ingame or via a forum PM if you want to. The goals that are still left to be accomplished in PvE are all very longterm, so I wouldnt mind joining you. Probably not on regular basis though and I will not leave my guild. Its up to you if you want me.
    its not really a group as such. I'm more of a freelancer offering aid and making unranked balanced teams in HA. I do have a few friends that help if I need them of course but mainly its just me. but you're free to join me if you want to or ask me any questions you have (however stupid they may seem). As for vela, she(/he) is a great example of the model PvP player and I'm grateful to her (along with all the other supporters) for her support of my ideas and aims.

speaking of unranked balanced teams in HA again.... this weekend saw my most recent PUG group consistently win the first round and totally suck in the second round. we were winning the first round 50% of the time. once we got through to the 3rd round. woot for PUGs. one interesting thing was that no one left....

speaking of unranked balanced teams in HA again.... this weekend saw my most recent PUG group consistently win the first round and totally suck in the second round. we were winning the first round 50% of the time. once we got through to the 3rd round. woot for PUGs. one interesting thing was that no one left....
    can u remember the name of the group leader or any of the people in it?

1st bit is easy. that was me. playing monk :)
    2nd bit not so easy.... i had been drinking earlier in the night so i was a little drunk. i only know that my friend Samara was in my team. lol. we had too many Ele's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorpg man View Post
    but you see thats the point. some high ranked players can maybe do a gimmick like sway but don't know jack when it comes to balanced builds. I mean, come on, I've played with a r5 thumper that didn't know what a standard cripshot build is.
    Rank 5 isn't high rank

Rank 5 isn't high rank
    my point is that even r5's consider themselves elite compared to unrankers.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorpg man View Post
    my point is that even r5's consider themselves elite compared to unrankers.
    not all of them. however, the fact is that a decent rank will allow you to get into more groups - good and bad. after that you'll have to prove yourself.

we all know people who can't drive that have a driver's license. rank is kinda sorta like that. it's a license to get into decent groups. but it doesn't mean you can drive.