PC Gaming News
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Quote Originally Posted by Vela View Post
    Not to demean zergway or you ugly Betty but, I, honestly, found it funny when an r5 zergway team needs people to prove themselves.

Joke1:

Q:How do you prove yourself valuable to r5 zergway?
    A: Read Joke 2.
    funny how certain zergway teams make it all the way to halls numerous times while others just sit there pissing. i never said zergway was the uber build of HA but properly run it call roll most other teams. i can count on one hand the number of excellent paras i've played with. i can do the same for a charge or ss. it's not all mindless as you suggest. ask the rank 300 guilds we dumped during the weekend. btw i said r5+.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Betty View Post
    ........ it's not all mindless as you suggest. ask the rank 300 guilds we dumped during the weekend. btw i said r5+.
    I am not suggesting anything..just amusing myself. I know its not all mindless but, its sure as hell one pug friendly build that does not require much coordination. And also, guild rank has almost nothing to do w/ its capabilities in HA. r5+ is what 600ish more fame than 0?
    Vela - IGN: Vela Iviana [Club]

Where man in all his truest glory lives,
    And nature's face is exquisitely sweet;
    For those fair climes I heave impatient sigh,
    There let me live and there let me die.

I am not suggesting anything..just amusing myself. I know its not all mindless but, its sure as hell one pug friendly build that does not require much coordination. And also, guild rank has almost nothing to do w/ its capabilities in HA. r5+ is what 600ish more fame than 0?
    i won't argue that zerg is a very friendly build or that it doesn't take a particularly high iq to play but for what it does using basic skills it is IMO pretty damn good especially when played well.

i would argue that higher ranked guilds running decent builds are tougher than the normal "whatever-way" builds running around HA. but that's just me.

finally, i'll be more specific about the term r5+. for our group it means the lowest ranked player on the team. since most of us are 6 and above that means 1,000 fame more than 0. not uber but certainly not chopped liver.

If you want your emote, you will have to endure arrogant elitist pigs. It's unfortunate and is probably one of the biggest reasons for PvP becoming so unpopular in GW. Most of the people who have family and deal with teenagers in r/l probably don't want to deal with another who they, unfortunately, can't ground over vent or ts.

But, I look at it from the perspective of a goal completion..like navy bootcamp. You can't be a seal w/o taking **** from master sergeant. Think of it as a part of the game. And think "arrogant elitist pigs" are charrs. :) and have fun in your own way. Shrug it off and move on. Once you got what you needed, put them on your ignore list and do what you want to do.
    Lol @ the charr comment.

I get stuff like that sometimes because of my alias on here, and I think sometimes people think I'm unexperienced outside of "pre" (not refering to you btw). That just happened to be a main character I had at the time, which is soon going to be LDoA along with me level 16 pre monk Il Divine Legend Il.

Anyway, back on subject. The thing is, I don't just want the emote. I want to gain experience/knowledge outside of AB. I realize how much of a joke that can be after making my way from RA-TA-HA lol. The emote is just a bonus I suppose. But I guess you're right as far as having to deal with the elitism and such.

And to mmorpgman, I'll be sure to try to find you to see if we can get something going.

People suggested in-game of trying to run with the IWAY/Zergway, etc but I'm not really into the whole gimmick build gig. The again, as they say, "beggars can't be choosers". Meaning I might as well build up my intial rank or two however I can to get me started.

We'll see I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Protector of Pre View Post
    ............ People suggested in-game of trying to run with the IWAY/Zergway, etc but I'm not really into the whole gimmick build gig. The again, as they say, "beggars can't be choosers". Meaning I might as well build up my intial rank or two however I can to get me started.
    Many ways to climb a mountain but, the view remains always the same. What pleases ur heart is the most important thing not what people might say. And for initial ranks pug friendly builds are the best as you can get into quick groups and can get an f-list going. When you get to a point where there is a large chunk of fame needed from jumping one rank to another, these gimmick builds won't help you these days probably and, most definitely, you'll get bored of them.

Ugly Betty - My Apologies. You took my silly jokes to heart.
    Vela - IGN: Vela Iviana [Club]

Where man in all his truest glory lives,
    And nature's face is exquisitely sweet;
    For those fair climes I heave impatient sigh,
    There let me live and there let me die.

Im r9/ch2, will run for any low- and or unranked players as long as the build is not a -way.

prefer monk, can do all; ign: Xero Intervention

this is one of the things I don't get in HA. sure zergway is a PUG-friendly build for unranked players to start off with. but what's wrong with the other builds. what if I wanted to run balanced, ranger spike, paraspike, sh spike, hexway, etc. many times I have announed that I'm making a balanced HA group in alliance or guild chat only to have people say "it won't work". why is there this block about unranked balanced or spike teams?

Ugly Betty - My Apologies. You took my silly jokes to heart.
    nah. it's just that sometimes the "elitest" remark makes us average folk a bit upset. my teamates have no problem accepting a lower rank or even a rankless player. what we won't accept is some moron who for whatever reason won't take direction. seriously, how hard is it to lock your pet on the hero?

this is one of the things I don't get in HA. sure zergway is a PUG-friendly build for unranked players to start off with. but what's wrong with the other builds. what if I wanted to run balanced, ranger spike, paraspike, sh spike, hexway, etc. many times I have announed that I'm making a balanced HA group in alliance or guild chat only to have people say "it won't work". why is there this block about unranked balanced or spike teams?
    i'm guessing that it's because PUG balanced teams are harder to coordinate. zergway is popular because it doesn't take a lot of direction to be decent. most zergways who go 1 or 2 maps deep don't even use vent. a spike team needs to be coordinated. you gotta have a good caller, a tactics person and of course vent.

zergway is a gimmick - no doubt. but passing the ball continually to Shaq is also a gimmick. if you got a cannon, you fire it. no?

I was in a HA group once, right after I unlocked it ><, my team arena group which was PUG suggested it. So we did it and some r3 people were in it and we fought agains a guild full of Necromancers, everybody just kept shouting things like dam and rude words, they didnt even try. I myself managed to kill one necro, the others didnt even try, they were like sitting ducks, I think I was ignored by the guild though as they ran towards the ghostly hero and then proceeded to eliminate me.

But this at least proves that not all ranked players are really experienced, sometimes freshman are better.

This is just a point, I am also personally interested in HA but because I live in Australia and I have no rank it is really hard for me to find a group.

I personally believe that some of the HA ranked people are kind though, if they all were not and all just wanted to so-called 'pawn noobs' nobody new would be able to proceed through the ranks, I would never leave my guild just for the purpose of PVP. Who says a guild cant be all-purpose? If it wasn't for my current guild I might not have made it through team arenas.