PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    What might also work is if a core group of newbies from these forums gets together and HAs regularly, win or lose, however long it takes, until they learn the ropes. When the group's good enough they split up and recruit random players in HA and teach them, and build a new community that way.

Could be a completely crap suggestion for GW, but it's the way I'd do it. (I've done it before in NWN so I know the theory's sound, but it depends a lot on the player base and on getting enough reliable people together for the initial stage.)

im r5 (i know its low, but only started HA recently) and i hate it when a r4 healer joins. I know there are ppl with a r3 who have more common sence then a r8. But there is no sign above their head saying "I have common sence, pick me"
    i don't want to waste time on trying an unranked player or a r3 out who claims to have common sence, then ****s up the battle which causes the team to rage quit.

Believe it or not but there are people willing to learn. People attitudes is what is killin HA. If the hail almighty ranked people would step off their rank emotes and take the time to teach people there would probably be more people than what is there now.
    I'm sure 2 years ago it was a hellva lot easier to get a group than it is today and the only ones to blame is that players. Everyone can blame anet all they want but until the player base realizes and rude and hateful they are, no new people are gonna step foot in there.
    And i really appreciate what mmorpg man is tryin to do. If everyone was this way then there might be more people in HA.
    thanks for the support mate. but I'm afraid it needs more than 1 person to take part in this venture if it is to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJ View Post
    Believe it or not but there are people willing to learn. People attitudes is what is killin HA. If the hail almighty ranked people would step off their rank emotes and take the time to teach people there would probably be more people than what is there now.
    I'm sure 2 years ago it was a hellva lot easier to get a group than it is today and the only ones to blame is that players. Everyone can blame anet all they want but until the player base realizes and rude and hateful they are, no new people are gonna step foot in there.
    And i really appreciate what mmorpg man is tryin to do. If everyone was this way then there might be more people in HA.
    Nah, you start small. Group with people with the same experience as yours. Then play. Get to know each other. Then play again. Then get good together. Increase your fame gradually and by doing so you're getting comfortable with each other. If you have sucky moments, you don't just leave them because they're now your friends. You try to improve. Then you'll notice that you're getting rank 3. Then 6. Then 9. Then you'll notice that you're owning the groups that you dreamed of playing with.

People who think that they are good without minimal experience and join good groups asap are most likely to be guild hoppers and sucky players.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlchemist View Post
    im r5 (i know its low, but only started HA recently) and i hate it when a r4 healer joins. I know there are ppl with a r3 who have more common sence then a r8. But there is no sign above their head saying "I have common sence, pick me"
    i don't want to waste time on trying an unranked player or a r3 out who claims to have common sence, then ****s up the battle which causes the team to rage quit.
    I giggled something fierce when I read that.

You're going the completely opposite way of this thread.

If you can't be bothered to help someone else for a change instead of yourself then just get lost and stop trolling on my thread.

What might also work is if a core group of newbies from these forums gets together and HAs regularly, win or lose, however long it takes, until they learn the ropes. When the group's good enough they split up and recruit random players in HA and teach them, and build a new community that way.
    there was an unranked HA gathering set up here but I have no idea if it still is around or even got off the ground. probably the easiest way to train people would be to create a guild specially for it. I would do but my funds are very limited (only 15-20k atm).

Quote Originally Posted by mmorpg man View Post
    there was an unranked HA gathering set up here but I have no idea if it still is around or even got off the ground. probably the easiest way to train people would be to create a guild specially for it. I would do but my funds are very limited (only 15-20k atm).
    The thread you are lookin' for...

And what do you need to set up a guild? 100 Gold actually.

The overused HA skill is "Bash as One". No matter what you say, you will be bashed by at least one moron. And soon others will follow. Ignore them and do what you set out to do. Good Luck.

P.S.: If you can deal with my accent and typos, I can help with some HA tidbits. I am not very good at it but, I can help you with my limited knowledge.
    Vela - IGN: Vela Iviana [Club]

Where man in all his truest glory lives,
    And nature's face is exquisitely sweet;
    For those fair climes I heave impatient sigh,
    There let me live and there let me die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiyuri View Post
    This thread is just another whiney "I WANT FAME BUT I CAN'T GET IT MYSELF BECAUSE IM BAD!!" thread. Masquerading as a "Help the newbies" thread, but it's actually posted by one of those newbies who wants people to help HIM.
    No offense. But this is just attitude people mean when they say that the pvp community is so unfriendly that they don't pvp anymore. But if you want HA to slowly die, then be my guest lob angry statements at people who just wanna learn, all you like.

What's so terribly wrong with helping anyway? *sigh*
    ---

on topic:
    I think this would be a great idea. I like Mister's idea the best. Would be cool to get a group together to learn how to play HA thru trial and error.
    Last edited by twilight dragon; 16-10-2007 at 02:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Smartypants View Post

Could be a completely crap suggestion for GW, but it's the way I'd do it. (I've done it before in NWN so I know the theory's sound, but it depends a lot on the player base and on getting enough reliable people together for the initial stage.)
    it'd be difficult but not impossible. and you're right, it'll depend a lot on the player base and the type of group you get. the question i think is, will the group stay together thru the hard times? losing a couple here and there is one thing, but in a volatile arena like HA there's not a lot of sympathy or tolerance going around. especially for a nub team with little expertise or experience.

if you can pull it off, more power to you. but don't expect the average sway team to say anything approaching nice after they flawless you in under a minute.
    Last edited by Ugly Betty; 16-10-2007 at 03:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Betty View Post
    but don't expect the average sway team to say anything approaching nice after they flawless you in under a minute.
    My solution to this is to turn off local chat. They can say whatever they want and it will fall on deaf ears.