PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 159
  1. #31
    All true, all true. But one thing, Shouting at my team, most lil' weiners these days won't accept any critism and will just leave.
    oh yeah, that critism done by most people, AKA calling them noobs. and you wonder why they leave?

    I also think this entire thread is ridiculous and disrespectful, first of all it has not been started by a high ranked player advocating helping unranked players in HA, it's been started by an unranked player, advocating helping unranked players. That probably explains enough about the motivation behind posting it that nothing else needs to be said.
    I'm sorry but what's the problem with having an unranked player start a thread about helping others? If I was r10 I would still be making threads like this so rank doesn't matter. and btw, my motivation is that I don't want to see a potentially good arena like HA go into the gutter. If you don't care about it then just go, we won't miss you.

    On top of that, the unranked player is dangling the "Help us or HA will die" carrot in front of us, which first of all - is untrue, and second of all, isn't a good enough reason to get me to help him. Competitive players respect people who not only want to learn, but more importantly put the effort in to do so, the reason these threads almost always fail is because if someone is posting one, they aren't putting in the effort.
    1) open your eyes to the truth
    2) if playing HA constantly for almost 3 months to get a total of 50 fame isn't putting in the effort I don't know what is.
    3)I'm using this thread as a last resort to get some action from you "experienced" players to see the truth and try to fix it

    I got a good build and noone even sees my invitation. How the hell am I supposed to get r 3 even if i'm not invited into a group?
    you might as well not ask that because they will all give you the same answer which goes something like this : "you have to put in the effort to make your own groups and PUG to create a friendslist of players." pitiful isn't it.
    Last edited by mmorpg man; 16-10-2007 at 18:04.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorpg man View Post

    you might as well not ask that because they will all give you the same answer which goes something like this : "you have to put in the effort to make your own groups and PUG to create a friendslist of players." pitiful isn't it.
    What's pitiful is your inability to pull yourself out of the gutter and make an effort, what's pitiful is your expecting someone else to do it for you.
    What's pitiful is you only making 50 fame in 3 months. What's pitiful is that despite all these things, you expect to be in ranked groups.

    Guess what, when I begun I was rank 0, no one would accept me, it took me all of 1 day's unsuccessful grouping to say, "**** this, I'll make my own groups then." I did, and I made my own guild, and we are all rank 9/10/11+ now.

    You are lazy, this thread is a masked attempt to gain lazy fame. You clearly do not deserve it.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiyuri View Post
    What's pitiful is your inability to pull yourself out of the gutter and make an effort, what's pitiful is your expecting someone else to do it for you.
    What's pitiful is you only making 50 fame in 3 months. What's pitiful is that despite all these things, you expect to be in ranked groups.

    Guess what, when I begun I was rank 0, no one would accept me, it took me all of 1 day's unsuccessful grouping to say, "**** this, I'll make my own groups then." I did, and I made my own guild, and we are all rank 9/10/11+ now.

    You are lazy, this thread is a masked attempt to gain lazy fame. You clearly do not deserve it.
    Mmmk, if you feel unranked people don't deserve fame then don't help and stop flamin people that are askin for help. And as a matter of fact it was a LOT easier 2 years ago to pug a group than it is today because guess what, no new people come there because of the attitude that is shown on your posts. If you think we are a pitiful lazy group of people that want to learn HA and you don't want to help then don't. It's obvious that all your postin for is to flame people. No one asked you personally to help anyone at anytime so why do you feel the need to flame everyone?

  4. #34
    Hey mmorpg man! ^^
    Your idea is really great. My brother and I have made an own guild without a rank requirement, because we're both sick of trying to find groups while we're actually being considered noob, just because we have few fame. I have 1 fame point, and I got that the single time I ever got into a HA group. I'm not kidding; it has been the only time that I have been accepted into one, and that was because the party leader wasn't such a person who thought unranked people are noob.
    Do not judge the book by its cover, I'd say.

    By the way, I am very honored to have you, mmorpg man, in our guild.

    Greetings,
    V, aka Arno

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyJ View Post
    Mmmk, if you feel unranked people don't deserve fame then don't help and stop flamin people that are askin for help. And as a matter of fact it was a LOT easier 2 years ago to pug a group than it is today because guess what, no new people come there because of the attitude that is shown on your posts. If you think we are a pitiful lazy group of people that want to learn HA and you don't want to help then don't. It's obvious that all your postin for is to flame people. No one asked you personally to help anyone at anytime so why do you feel the need to flame everyone?
    No one asked me personally?

    All his posts about ranked players being rude? Elitist? "Look see this is proof balbalblaa" because no one responds? His posts were sweeping generalisations about all ranked players, so don't talk crap.

    And no he's not "just asking for help", he's writing ****ty posts masquerading as "save HA" posts that are really "please get me some fame!" posts.

    I have done more for HA and for unranked players than you have I can assure you, that doesn't mean it's valid to post absolute drivel about HA dying and the attitude of ranked players in an attempt to get them to aid you in farming fame.

    You people are worse than any elitist, ugh disgusting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viona View Post
    Hey mmorpg man! ^^
    Your idea is really great. My brother and I have made an own guild without a rank requirement, because we're both sick of trying to find groups while we're actually being considered noob, just because we have few fame. I have 1 fame point, and I got that the single time I ever got into a HA group. I'm not kidding; it has been the only time that I have been accepted into one, and that was because the party leader wasn't such a person who thought unranked people are noob.
    Do not judge the book by its cover, I'd say.

    By the way, I am very honored to have you, mmorpg man, in our guild.

    Greetings,
    V, aka Arno

    So you have been in HA one time, and you are not a noob?

    WTB LOGIC PLEASE????

  6. #36
    Here are a few things:

    If you **** up in HA expect to get raged at. If your team all dies and its all your fault your team is not going say never mind better luck next time. How will that help you? it wont. And if you do **** up take it like a man, apologise and say you will try harder next time and work to improve yourself, don't run off crying saying they are all elitist ba****** who are destroying HA. This will not help you, it will make you look like an idiot and will most likely be trash talked in about 7 different guild chats.

    Secondly stop expecting to be let into r6/8/9/10+ groups when you are unranked. I can assure you I never tried to get into a group higher ranked than myself and find it very frustrating to be pestered by swarms of unranked players when forming a pug. Don't get me wrong sometimes I give people a chance however most of the time due to their lack of experience they normally suck and I have to ask them to leave. However if I do get an unranked it will be a fire ele or paragon as these are very hard to play incorrectly. I am not about to take an unranked monk simply because I do not believe they will have sufficient experience to play it adequately. So if you want to get rank make your own groups and play with the same people, your friends or even perhaps make your own guild or join one.

    If you are not prepared to leave your guild to join or create a more pvp orientated one you shouldn't be complaining about being unranked. I had to leave many guilds I was happy in to better my experience in pvp and I believe it was worth it, it simply increased my friendslist not diminish it, remember you can always rejoin your old guilds whenever. I am very much still in contact with my friends from my old pve guilds.

  7. #37
    T, if you have nothing nice or constructive to say, kindly keep your flaming to yourself plz. ty for understanding.
    ---
    I'm also intersted in forming a group. Just send me a whisper ingame whenever or pm here

    main ign: Twilight Goddess

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiyuri View Post
    So you have been in HA one time, and you are not a noob?

    WTB LOGIC PLEASE????
    You are clearly confusing a noob with an unexperienced person, but nonetheless a person with potential. I just want to make clear that a "fameless" PvP'er isn't automaticly a noob. Some people just need the help of more experienced people to grow better. I'm one of those people, I know that. And calling me a noob, I think you are wrong.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiyuri View Post
    What's pitiful is your inability to pull yourself out of the gutter and make an effort, what's pitiful is your expecting someone else to do it for you.
    What's pitiful is you only making 50 fame in 3 months. What's pitiful is that despite all these things, you expect to be in ranked groups.

    Guess what, when I begun I was rank 0, no one would accept me, it took me all of 1 day's unsuccessful grouping to say, "**** this, I'll make my own groups then." I did, and I made my own guild, and we are all rank 9/10/11+ now.

    You are lazy, this thread is a masked attempt to gain lazy fame. You clearly do not deserve it.
    wow T you have the brutality of a blunt-edged sword hacking a cute puppy. but i totally agree with you. i did not start out quite like you. i worked my way into a few ranked groups, developed a solid friends' list and the rest is history. it wasn't easy but the satisfaction i got from the effort was absolutely great. i'm about 60 fame from my wolfie and the friends i have made over the past 5 months i would not trade for anything.

  10. #40
    Tiyuri waves his epeen and guild wars forums are once again saved. This same Tiyuri wonders why he has to wait an hour to get a match in halls. Telling someone to "pull up by your boot straps" is something you say to a high school drop out, this is a game not the real world. To those posters who feel like they are talking to a brick wall concerning this issue when Tiyuri, David, and co are on, don't worry you are. They are part of another generation of HA players and are far removed from how the pugging environment is like now. Back in those it took half a brain to run a unranked balance and another half to beat a decent bloodspike. Hell I beat a bloodspike with randomway back in those days. Unranked players in those days came from TA or GvG not RA/AB (if you want to guess the average intelligence of a unranked player in HA now, look how popular TA is). Unranked players then knew the popular builds, whether it was balanced or iway. Unranked players now have no clue what build gets them into a group or even if they need a certain build to get into groups, so they just play randomway. It was another time and another generation. HA was at its height then, and if you was good, you was bound to get in the right crowd eventually. However pvp never grew in their generation. Hell pvp as a whole never grew. Eventually the games growth came to a grinding halt. Look now, most of these top guilds are rearranged former guilds. Even during the "good old days" the same guilds occupied the top 10 consistently. HA and pvp in general was doomed to shrink in size greatly....new players will never have a easy way to get into HA and that is what ultimately killed it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •