PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    I don't get why there is so much quarrel over this, it's not like you have to do HA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vela View Post
    Moral lesson is simple: You played iWay to gain fame. You gained fame faster than others and hence, your guild stayed together.
    Yea that and..

You start small, get good together.

Among the gazillions of iway players back then, won't you please tell a few of the popular ones, will you? :P

You stayed together for some decent amount of time because ANET did not react to iWay exploit as fast as they have been reacting against others.
    Iway, again, was not overpowered. People then were just crying scrubs and bad players who don't kite, played ranger spike and thought bonds will save them and who don't use anti melee water hexes who happen to want fame so bad but cannot get since they always get owned by the next iway team that they face.

Hence, that success may not be repeatable. Without success Guilds cease to exist.

So, if you are telling new people to play only the current iWay type gimmicks and stick together, they probably will and get some success but, eventually they will fail and leave.
    Yea but the point is that a guild can go from nothing and be the next big thing. Along the process, you'll have fun and the fame that you need. It doesn't matter if you continue your ties if everything ends. If you do, well its good. If you don't well its fine too. People get old and have real things to do. To top that, games get boring. And why play if you got what you want in game?
    Last edited by kongkingx; 16-10-2007 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzman View Post
    Unranked players now have no clue what build gets them into a group or even if they need a certain build to get into groups, so they just play randomway. It was another time and another generation.
    your telling me those players lack the ability to use observer mode? or either wiki?

With the wealth of resources available to new players there is NO, i repeat, NO excuse for not knowing the essentials of the professions of the current FoTM (Spiritway).

I started tombs in Jan 06, when IWAY was at its height. I went to tombs and sat, and noticed everyone wanted IWAY stuff. So I went to the internet and found out what it was. Are you telling me that new players lack this ability?

One google search of spiritway guildwars will give you all the info you need to know
    IGN: Ranger Nietzsche
    Officer of 치 The Spearmen 치 [치치치치]
    NPC: Nichi the Ranger. Location: Halls of Chokhin. More responsive to flames than me.

I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by kongkingx View Post
    Yea that and..

You start small, get good together.
    If the game is new, yes that is true. But, it is not true after 2 years.

Among the gazillions of iway players back then, won't you please tell a few of the popular ones, will you? :P
    You? (Don't know who you are though.)

It's not targeted to demean you but, to make you understand that it doesn't matter. Everything is transient. One year from now, is someone asks, "Among the gazillions of Spiritway players back then, won't you please tell a few of the popular ones, will you?" What will you say?

Iway, again, was not overpowered. People then were just crying scrubs and bad players who don't kite, played ranger spike and thought bonds will save them and who don't use anti melee water hexes who happen to want fame so bad but cannot get since they always get owned by the next iway team that they face.
    No it was not and had multiple counters. However, most of those counters were so specific that it was simply difficult to utilize them against other builds. Everyone who has been around for sometime knows about it. So, I will not argue with you about iWay and derail the thread.

Yea but the point is that a guild can go from nothing and be the next big thing. Along the process, you'll have fun and the fame that you need.
    Maybe in GW2 if ANET breaks all the ties to GW1 and gives everyone a fresh start in a new game. However, it is more than unlikely. What Blizzard achieved is very very difficult to repeat. If Diablo 3 ever comes out, it will become the next big thing after WoW. PK PK PK!!!!

To help new HA players, I will suggest everyone just take it easy. If you can't help with what they are looking for, troll somewhere else, I guess.
    Vela - IGN: Vela Iviana [Club]

Where man in all his truest glory lives,
    And nature's face is exquisitely sweet;
    For those fair climes I heave impatient sigh,
    There let me live and there let me die.

You are lazy, this thread is a masked attempt to gain lazy fame. You clearly do not deserve it.
    what part of "I only do HA for the competition" don't you understand? I couldn't give a **** about fame or crappy emotes like you. as far as I'm concerned all of your posts are void untill you understand my motive for this thread. on a similar topic I don't try to get into higher ranked groups for a free ride to halls and lots of fame. I do it to prove to them that you can be unranked and experienced at the same time.

What's pitiful is your inability to pull yourself out of the gutter and make an effort, what's pitiful is your expecting someone else to do it for you.
    What's pitiful is you only making 50 fame in 3 months. What's pitiful is that despite all these things, you expect to be in ranked groups.
    whats pitiful is that you obviously can't comprehend the term "team game". guildwars was made to be a team game and in a team you're expected to work together and HELP each other out. I repeat, yet again, that I'm not expecting you to take hours of time to train new players nor am I asking you to even take part if you don't want to. I'm asking you to give 1 unranked player a chance in a ranked group. then if they suck then let them go but give 1 helpful comment so they can improve.
    Last edited by mmorpg man; 17-10-2007 at 14:44.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Nietzsche View Post
    your telling me those players lack the ability to use observer mode? or either wiki?

With the wealth of resources available to new players there is NO, i repeat, NO excuse for not knowing the essentials of the professions of the current FoTM (Spiritway).

I started tombs in Jan 06, when IWAY was at its height. I went to tombs and sat, and noticed everyone wanted IWAY stuff. So I went to the internet and found out what it was. Are you telling me that new players lack this ability?

One google search of spiritway guildwars will give you all the info you need to know
    This is the disconnect. Players do NOT do this. Its not just they can't they don't. Why? Because they come from RA/AB, where you can take any build you want and get into a group. This what they are used to. Most players from those areas think that HA is 8 man RA. If you came to HA from TA or GvG you wouldn't think that way. They will stop and see what players want you to run.

Players do NOT do this.
    Yet that is precisely what this player is doing - I started yesterday morning, in fact, after getting the green light for forming a newbie group. Might not get me anywhere (that depends how good or bad I am when I start playing), but I intend to go in knowing as much as I possibly can about maps, objectives, builds and teamplay. I've got two years of not playing to catch up on, ain't no way I'm going to manage that without learning as much as I can beforehand.

Most players from those areas think that HA is 8 man RA.
    There should be 8-man RA weekend in HA. That will be fun!

Then again, the most popular HA builds are based on the same theme..so nothing new.
    Vela - IGN: Vela Iviana [Club]

Where man in all his truest glory lives,
    And nature's face is exquisitely sweet;
    For those fair climes I heave impatient sigh,
    There let me live and there let me die.

Quote Originally Posted by Vela View Post
    No it was not and had multiple counters. However, most of those counters were so specific that it was simply difficult to utilize them against other builds.

How difficult is using counters for a build that you will probably face in most maps in HA?

This just proves that people were dumb back then.

This is the disconnect. Players do NOT do this. Its not just they can't they don't. Why? Because they come from RA/AB, where you can take any build you want and get into a group. This what they are used to. Most players from those areas think that HA is 8 man RA. If you came to HA from TA or GvG you wouldn't think that way. They will stop and see what players want you to run.
    your statement needs an adjustment. it should read, "SOME PLAYERS DO NOT DO THIS." those that do their "homework" will benefit and in general it will be easier for them to get in a group. those that are lazy, uncaring, and self-centered will encounter major obstacles and be disappointed to the point of quitting. no effort, no group. no group, no fame.