PC Gaming News

bet sytem on pvp

hey my guild had just this crazy idea, how about a betting system on pvp? like ab, gvg, 1vs1, and all sort of competition matches? the bet would work like this, u make a system to be able to observe the match live, and u would have the list of the teams (players) to bet for, then u put a x ammount of gold into someone name or some guild. (you can only bet for 1 at a time obviously, and you can only bet before match starts.
    Then you have the odds list like: 6 players voted for team 1 and only 1 voted for team 2, if team 1 wins the 6 players would auto share the money that the oposite player bet lost, if team two wins then the player that voted for team 2 will get all the money from the oposite 6 players that bet vs him.)
    All players should have the same ammount of money bet, if no one bets then the bet will get closed for the rest of the match, if only 1 betted he will get his money back, if someone attempts to disconnect while a bet or shut down his internet, the server will automatically tak the money from his account.

So what you think? i think it would be kinda fun xD

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Sounds fun, but way to open to exploits, two of which jump out:

1) rigged matches
    2) live observing = an observer can give live updates to the one of the teams, giving them an unfair advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Lensor View Post
    Sounds fun, but way to open to exploits, two of which jump out:

1) rigged matches
    2) live observing = an observer can give live updates to the one of the teams, giving them an unfair advantage
    i was thinking about that too so i planned about this few mins ago, instead of making it live 100% you could delay the observe for 20 seconds, that should be good enough to avoid any update, example if an observer sees a player with a flag, then he says:
    yo he has the flag and hes going that way! (what he is seeyng is something that happened 20 seconds ago) so when he says that the ingame players already know that... or the player already scored if you know what i mean, which will make live updates dificult things to do
    Last edited by The War Keeper; 20-10-2007 at 23:15.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by The War Keeper View Post
    i was thinking about that too so i planned about this few mins ago, instead of making it live 100% you could delay the observe for 20 seconds, that should be good enough to avoid any update, example if an observer sees a player with a flag, then he says:
    yo he has the flag and hes going that way! (what he is seeyng is something that happened 20 seconds ago) so when he says that the ingame players already know that... or the player already scored if you know what i mean, which will make live updates dificult things to do
    that requires for Anet to create a record system, where the game records the match on tape.
    it isn't a bad suggestion, but it takes a while till it's inplented.

yes i admit this might take a huge bit but i think its worth it:P just imagine sitting on ur chair eating popcorns, watch a match and bet your money for a team :P

also ahve the amount you bet added to the lucky/unlucky title at aprox 1 point per 100 gold?

in tornerments if there is a "favorite" then theoretically you could gain more poitns (and cash) by betting on the lesser ranked team (if they win)