PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tseng

Quick Question reguarding districts

Been playing for awhile now, and while I dont have the specs to run the game perfectly, I normally get pretty good quality of the game (althoug sometimes, the ground turns white, but thats prolly because I am using GeForce 2 and have 512 RAM and 1ghz processor XD ). Anyway, Is there a way I can force the game to join a lower district rather then higher districts when I enter an outpost or Town? I ask this because where there is an excess of like 50 players on the screen, it slows down to a hault, and since there most people congregate near the door of the area, I lag alot when entering town. Just looking to start with say, District 3 as priority rather than 1.

Is there a way to pull that off?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Sadly not. The only way you could have a choice in which dist to enter would be Map Travel, and/or choose International and remain there for the duration of your session. Unfortunately you'd need to do that each time you login.

Tseng
    Thats a bummer. I was hoping there would be a file that I could edit which would left me set a prefered district (or an option from the optioins menu)...

Oh well.. thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointless View Post
    Sadly not. The only way you could have a choice in which dist to enter would be Map Travel, and/or choose International and remain there for the duration of your session. Unfortunately you'd need to do that each time you login.
    It will remember the district you were in last. I've been using the International Districts for quite a while now.

Using International district will help solve your issues somewhat, Tseng. Some of the major cities can be busy even in International, but most have no more than a few people in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie I View Post
    It will remember the district you were in last.
    This is actually a relatively recent change. Used to be it'd forget your district settings.

On a completely unrelated note.... does anyone know of a reason why there is still an american district? Is there any reason not to role it into the european english district? There is no favor anymore, there is no tournament that requires a certain number of teams from each region, and you can move freely between the two. I don't think physical space separation matters... you have PvP between EU and US anyway, so it can't be a big deal.

Does anyone know of a reason why there is still a European (English) district? There is no favor anymore, there is no tournament that requires a certain number of teams from each region, and you can move freely between the two. I don't think physical space separation matters..

If they were merged, the 'European' or 'American' would obviously be removed.

However, there is a very good reason against this, and only someone who doesn't play with friends from accross the ocean will fail to notice it... This is why I can't play interrupter types when I'm out with guildies.

PS: There are many districts that are usually fairly empty - for example, we sometimes go to the Polish districts if we want a bit of emptiness and cricket sounds. Most Polish people speak very good English, so there's little need for them to stay in these little populated districts when they're LFG. :>
    Last edited by Silvan; 23-10-2007 at 07:59.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    I also recommend international districts, though it's not guaranteed that you will have literally no one around (e.g. I see at least teen numbers of districts during festivals).

As everyone else has said, the game remembers the last dist/server you were in.... sometimes. It like to get switchy with me every once in a while.

But another thing you can do is either always log off in the gh or in one of those small, but usually deserted towns like Port Sledge. You get minimum lag and when you need to map you can easily choose to go to the higher districts to avoid all the cluter.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvan View Post
    If they were merged, the 'European' or 'American' would obviously be removed.

However, there is a very good reason against this, and only someone who doesn't play with friends from accross the ocean will fail to notice it... This is why I can't play interrupter types when I'm out with guildies.

PS: There are many districts that are usually fairly empty - for example, we sometimes go to the Polish districts if we want a bit of emptiness and cricket sounds. Most Polish people speak very good English, so there's little need for them to stay in these little populated districts when they're LFG. :>
    Silvan, I live in Australia and no matter which server I play - your bad pings are better then a good ping for me. :(
    Made me give up monking for a while, it was so depressing always being a touch to slow with the heal...