PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

[Build]Toucher w/o Vamp Bite

I don't have Factions (only Prophs and NF) and I was wondering if there's a working Toucher build without Vampiric Bite (It'll be probably weaker and slower)

Here comes the question, is there any better build than this one?

Expertise 12+1+3
    Blood Magic 12

Vampiric Touch
    Vampiric Gaze (5 secs recharge -.-" )
    Barbed Signet / Plague Touch
    Offering of Blood
    Throw Dirt
    Whirling Defense
    Dodge
    Rez

(Normally I'm a burning arrow / barrager / trapper type ranger, would like to try this wicked build :P )

Maybe Try Serpent's Quickness to make vamp. touch more spammable.
    Also , where do you want to use this build?

GWOnline.Net Member
    I normally play RAs, TAs, GvGs. Serpent's quickness seems a good choice, 5 energy and it's up for 15-30 secs (but 45sec recharge), i'll just have to rest in Wilderness survival and test this out ;)

GWOnline.Net Member Quiet Lurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazePT View Post
    I normally play RAs, TAs, GvGs. Serpent's quickness seems a good choice, 5 energy and it's up for 15-30 secs (but 45sec recharge), i'll just have to rest in Wilderness survival and test this out ;)
    The problem with SQ is that it would kill all your defensive stances.

TBH, I don't think it will work w/o vamp bite.

Edit: I was going to let it pass but......a toucher RA? fine whatever floats your boat, but in TA or GvG?
    Last edited by Quiet Lurker; 25-10-2007 at 15:46.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I also doubt it works effectively without Vamp bite, but whatever, I don't have factions so... IMO it's a worth try since I'm quite tired of using my other builds.

And lol, my bad, I didn't read Glodrion's question well so I said what PVPs I usually play ^^'' , anyway I intend to use a Toucher in RAs since they're good there.

You need thick skin to run a toucher in GvG. Even TA for that matter. Beware.

Also, Id consider Vile Touch.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vile_Touch

Its not lifestealing, but its touch damage, its a skill (so you get the Exp. benefit), and its a 2 second recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by ArichValtrahn View Post
    You need thick skin to run a toucher in GvG. Even TA for that matter. Beware.

Also, Id consider Vile Touch.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vile_Touch

Its not lifestealing, but its touch damage, its a skill (so you get the Exp. benefit), and its a 2 second recharge.
    I Believe Vile Touch is what was used on the fine tuned original touchers before factions.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

GWOnline.Net Member
    Yup, Vile Touch was also an option which I didn't refer earlier because it might cause some probs, the common toucher build has Expertise 12+1+3,
    Blood Magic 12 and rest in anything else (maybe curses because of Plague touch), this build will require to have high Death magic, high Blood magic rest in expertise, and as you know expertise has the base defense skills of a toucher.

So, I should use 1 sup rune + 1 major rune of expertise? It'll make a total of 9-10 points on expertise, and endin up losing 20 hp.

GWOnline.Net Member Quiet Lurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazePT View Post
    Yup, Vile Touch was also an option which I didn't refer earlier because it might cause some probs, the common toucher build has Expertise 12+1+3,
    Blood Magic 12 and rest in anything else (maybe curses because of Plague touch), this build will require to have high Death magic, high Blood magic rest in expertise, and as you know expertise has the base defense skills of a toucher.

So, I should use 1 sup rune + 1 major rune of expertise? It'll make a total of 9-10 points on expertise, and endin up losing 20 hp.
    That will make vamp touch a 9-10 e skill....ouch. Even at 16 experience a toucher can run dry with the way skills need to be spammed.

Also, your losing more than just the 20hp....your losing out on the 60 something healing too

You need thick skin to run a toucher in GvG. Even TA for that matter
    Probably b/c unless you caught the other team completely off guard (based on their team build, which is doubtful) you'd probably be more of a liability than an asset....lol, just maybe, I'm guessing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Lurker View Post
    Probably b/c unless you caught the other team completely off guard (based on their team build, which is doubtful) you'd probably be more of a liability than an asset....lol, just maybe, I'm guessing here.
    Actually, youd probably do really well at the start. Youd be touching everyone while they are busy laughing at you, doing screencaps and posting on forums about it.