PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BuGy

Problems with making a Warrior/Elementalist build

Hello,
    I dont know if this is the right forum but ill post it here. I am kinda new to Guild Wars and im trying to make a Shock Axe W/E build. You can watch that build here.
    I only have prophecies account and im making this build on a pvp-only character.

Heres the problems i have with that build:
    1. The build uses Clarity and Restoration runes but for some reason i am unable to unlock these runes at Priest Of Balthazar (there is no such runes in the rewards list), i can buy these runes at rune trader but cant unlock them. I also asked a few other players if they can unlock these runes and they said they can.
    2. This build recommends using a shield with +30 health and -20% blind duration, problem is there is no -20% blind duration shield handle or inscription in the pvp equipment menu, i can add +30 health to the shield but cant add -20% blind duration.
    3. The build recommends using Furious PvP Spear of Fortitude, problem is there is no any spears at all in the pvp equipment menu.

Any help on these things will be greatly appreciated.

1. Playable without (I don't know why you're having problems with unlocking)
    2. Playable without (Again, 4v4 doesn't require perfect equipment. Notice This build has been designed for the following use: HA and GvG. Those forms of pvp might get you against best guilds of gw and thats why it's important to aim at perfection there)
    3. There weren't spears before Nightfall. This build was played many years before nightfall. People owned with this build without Nightfall. You do not have nightfall; you do not have spears in your menu.

Try it with what you have :)

BuGy
    Thanks for the answers Reverse Vision. Im ok with the spear now. However, i still want to know why cant i unlock those runes? It seems that im the only one who cant do this, some guy told me that my account can be bugged. Id also like to know if it is possible to add -20% blind duration on a shield.

You can't unlock condition reduction runes because they were introduced in Nightfall. Similarly, while +30HP on a shield is an upgrade (core), condition reduction is an inscription (Nightfall).

BuGy
    Quote Originally Posted by neoflame View Post
    You can't unlock condition reduction runes because they were introduced in Nightfall. Similarly, while +30HP on a shield is an upgrade (core), condition reduction is an inscription (Nightfall).
    But why then i can buy those runes from Rune Trader? Another thing is how can i build my adrenaline before entering close combat with my foe if i cant use spears? I could use a bow but there are no furious bowstring (it can double adrenaline on hit).

Quote Originally Posted by BuGy View Post
    But why then i can buy those runes from Rune Trader? Another thing is how can i build my adrenaline before entering close combat with my foe if i cant use spears? I could use a bow but there are no furious bowstring (it can double adrenaline on hit).
    You can use pve runes on pvp gear if I remember correctly (I'm not sure).
    Longbowing spirits, spiritspammers, pets or any stationary foe. Thats what I would do (;from high ground.) It's better to deal some damage to unprotted targets (in melee) and then switch to main target to unload adren than wasting time with bows (draining opposite teams healers time and energy).
    Last edited by Reverse Vision; 28-10-2007 at 19:02.

just use a wand with ur shield for building up adrenaline. furious isnt such a big deal, out of every 10 hits, u get 1 extra adrenline. the spear also has the +30hp bonus, but u only tend to use it when ur out of combat, so no big deal again.
    u can always purchase a str9/tact9 shield with the reduce blind rune and +30hp and use it on ur pvp char without customizing. thats what i used to do before i got nightfall on my pvp char.

Don't use Restoration, 10 more health > that

Spear attacks faster than a wand so that's why it's better. However you can just purchase a furious spear; since you don't have to customize it you can swap it between pvp chars and stuff.

BuGy
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Vision View Post
    You can use pve runes on pvp gear if I remember correctly (I'm not sure).

Yes you can, but then you need to buy them, you also cant save items with pve runes to a template as when you load them pve rune effects are gone and you have to buy runes again :/

I didn't know condition runes were exclusive to Nightfall... If thats the case that leaves you spending rl money to get NF or spending ingame gold every time you reroll the character... your call, but it looks like an easy choice to me. Remember that once you get shields set up you can throw them in storage for next time because they aren't customizeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marveric View Post
    Don't use Restoration, 10 more health > that
    Vitae runes are overrated; only run them on casters if you have nothing more useful to throw on.

If you're packing healing signet, then you'll be running a minor tactics rune and you have to choose between restoration and clarity. If you're not, bring both. Remember to bring shields that reduce both blind and cripple too, and switch between them as needed. In short:
    If you bring healing signet:
    You'll have 40% (or 32% can't remember how GW calculates that stuff) reduction in your choice of either blind or cripple, and a 20% for the other on demand (which lowers the other again to 20%).
    If you don't bring healsig:
    You'll have 40 or 32% for both blind and cripple available, but you have to switch between them.
    Last edited by click; 29-10-2007 at 19:12.