PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where is Freezing Gust?

Where can I buy Freezing Gust?

Both wiki's tell me I can buy it from Tohn (Kamadan, Jewel of Istan).

I own all 3 campaigns and GWEN. I have ascended in Factions and decided to take the quest to get my Hydro Ele from Kaineng (Factions) to Nightfall.

Both wiki's list the spell as being available to me. Even the PvXWiki for builds uses it on heroes so I know it must still be in existence. However, the skill list by campaign by skill trainer does NOT list it.

Nerfed from PvE?

I went to check it

And I'm afraid you just missed it or something, because it is listed at the water magic skills

Freezing Gust, right there at the kamadan skill trainer Tohn or something.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order Of Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    I went to check it

And I'm afraid you just missed it or something, because it is listed at the water magic skills

Freezing Gust, right there at the kamadan skill trainer Tohn or something.
    Maybe OP didn't actually visited the Kamadan skill trainer. ..

Ah I finally get it I think

I think she went to visit the guild hall skill trainer or something.

Indeed it only shows some skills, not sure what is the trigger behind that guy.

But I assure you, just travel to kamadan to buy the skill..

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I checked, but since the skill is already unlocked on my account, my characters can buy it at any skill trainer -- so this isn't conclusive at all.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    The guild hall skill trainer only list core skills, if im not mistaken. And only core skills already unlocked in your account.

In the matter of Freezing Gust, it really should be in Kamadan, but since i also have it, i cant confirm it.

I'll check more closely when I get home today.

I am scratching my head looking puzzled cuz I'm SURE I talked to the right person. He's the Trainer standing right next to the Hero Skills Trainer if I remember right.

Yu know, I even took my Rit over and picked up Rit skills I wanted after the Ele made the trip.

So...does this mean both wiki's are correct or incorrect when they don't even list Freezing Gust as being available from Tohn at Kamadan?

http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Skill_t...28Nightfall%29

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tohn

I know this forum doesn't like wiki links but BOTH omit Freezing Gust as available from Tohn in his skill list.

Tell ya what...I'll make a screen print this afternoon if I can't find it.

Thanks for the replies. This forum is always very helpful!

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    It's interesting that both wikis list Freezing Gust as being available from Tohn (if you look at the Freezing Gust page itself) but when you actually look at Tohn's page on the wiki, it's not listed.

But keep in mind that the wikis are not necessarily the definitive source of information -- they're user edited, so mistakes can happen.

Unfortunately, as I said, I have the skill unlocked. So any trainer sells it, and I can't tell who is the first to offer it.

But you could talk to a priest of Balthazar and unlock the skill using Balthazar faction. Then buy the skill from any skill trainer you like.

I am talking to the Skill Trainer and Freezing Gust is not available.

I can't seem to attach a screen print to this forum to prove my point.

SO...how about this Priest of Balthazar faction option. Is that PvP? Never been interested in PvP before but if I need to stomp around there to get the skill then I just may have to...

Achievements:
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Don't worry about attaching an image, we believe you. ^_^

Balthazar faction is from PvP, yes. But you don't really have to PvP if you don't want to...

From any of the port cities, travel to the Great Temple of Balthazar. When you first zone in you'll be close to the Isle of the Nameless portal -- go there (bring hench/heroes with you) and once you're inside, talk to the Master of Paths. You can choose to do PvP training -- which is against NPCs. There's a low cap to this faction per day, I think you can get a maximum of 2500 points in a day. But you'll only need 1000 points.

Once you have 1000 points, go back into the Great Temple and find a Priest of Balthazar and unlock the skill there. And as I mentioned, once the skill is unlocked you can go to any skill trainer to buy it like normal.