PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 99
  1. #1

    Why should I not ping my bar?

    Yesterday while waiting for a game to start, I pinged my build and asked the rest of the PUG to do likewise. Then, this one person said "don't ping bars". I whispered him "why" and that nasty little puke said "if you play ab you would know why......lol".

    When I asked him to elaborate he said "ab is about skill not skill temp.....gg" which I can only assume means that "it's how you play your bar, not what skill template you play". He would not explain any more after that; I can only assume that using "gg" in conversation is the retarded child's way of saying "I am finished with this argument which I believe I have won. Good day to you."

    At any rate, this is not the first time that I've encountered that attitude. Can someone out there please explain why some people feel the need to hide their skill bars from their team mates?

  2. #2
    they think their builds are gonne be stolen... that's one I've heard a couple of times.

  3. #3
    GWOnline.Net Member liamSlayer's Avatar
    Posts

    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Commander View Post
    they think their builds are gonne be stolen... that's one I've heard a couple of times.
    agreed, had this many times

    this 1 guy spring to mind, the convo was something like this (he was assassin)

    Me: ping your bar please.
    Person: no
    Me: Why?
    Person: because i made it, and i dont want it stolen
    Me: Most buids good builds are done allready you know......
    Person: not this one, it has shadow prison, and a warrior attack speed boast
    Me: mmmmm has it got (forgot the skills)
    Person: OMG!!!! HACKER!!! you can see my bar!!!
    Me: lol, thats the standard shadow prison buidl of Pvxbuilds
    Person: NO ITS NOT!!! I MADE IT TODAY!!!!!!!!
    Me: lol what ever you say
    Person: C*** su**ing Mother******* B*******
    *kicked*

    xD

  4. #4
    GWOnline.Net Member shardfenix's Avatar
    Posts

    616
    Guild Wars is 90% skillbar, 10% skill. That's why so many terrible players/guilds are in the top 100.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Blair View Post
    ab is about skill
    Hahahhahahahahahahahah

    On topic, anyone who feels the need to hide his skillbar either realizes that he has an awful bar and fears getting kicked, or thinks he has some kind of super skillbar that one one else knows about. In the first case he's usually right, in the second he's usually wrong.
    Last edited by raspberry jam; 12-11-2007 at 00:08.

  6. #6
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    1,585
    They have a rubbish skill bar and don't want to get kicked.

  7. #7
    GWOnline.Net Member Kendel's Avatar
    Posts

    2,896
    There is no reason not to ping... people who don't are those that just can't justify why they're running such a skill.

    Yesterday i was in AB against a Warrior/Monk running at least 5 smiting skills (posted in the hilarious builds thread). Obviously he was never asked to ping it or he'd of been kicked instantly. And in the same match i came across a Ranger who for some reason was running Watchful Healing... a divine favour spell... if he'd of pinged i'd of asked him to change that.

    People who don't ping are almost always trying to hide something. At least in pugs. As such i'd rather kick them and get another pug who IS willing to ping his build. Frankly i don't care if your build isn't taken directly off the wiki... i've never used the damn thing, chances are a build i end up with is similar thanks to observing GvG or it just looks right. But a build with no real logic behind why your running that or why your running it on that profession will get you kicked just as easily as refusing to ping it will. The difference is the latter will hopefully get through to people who will figure out there build is ****.

    That and its nice to know they're not screwing up your own bar. Especially as i've had many a pug when i decided to play SoR Bonder who figured it would be a great idea to add in Pious Haste or some similar skill before we started and **** over my bonding AND my prot skills.

  8. #8
    I want to thank all of you for confirming my suspicions. I always thought they were hiding something bad, but some part of me was worried that I was missing some form of AB etiquette. But no, they're just dumb jerks.

    Quote Originally Posted by liamSlayer View Post
    agreed, had this many times

    this 1 guy spring to mind, the convo was something like this (he was assassin)

    Me: ping your bar please.
    Person: no
    Me: Why?
    Person: because i made it, and i dont want it stolen
    Me: Most buids good builds are done allready you know......
    Person: not this one, it has shadow prison, and a warrior attack speed boast
    Me: mmmmm has it got (forgot the skills)
    Person: OMG!!!! HACKER!!! you can see my bar!!!
    Me: lol, thats the standard shadow prison buidl of Pvxbuilds
    Person: NO ITS NOT!!! I MADE IT TODAY!!!!!!!!
    Me: lol what ever you say
    Person: C*** su**ing Mother******* B*******
    *kicked*

    xD
    I laughed hard at that.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Blair View Post
    When I asked him to elaborate he said "ab is about skill not skill temp.....gg" which I can only assume means that "it's how you play your bar, not what skill template you play". He would not explain any more after that; I can only assume that using "gg" in conversation is the retarded child's way of saying "I am finished with this argument which I believe I have won. Good day to you."
    Kinda prissy for just AB, but childrens are everywhere in this game.

  10. #10
    GWOnline.Net Member dralith's Avatar
    Posts

    148
    Quote Originally Posted by liamSlayer View Post
    agreed, had this many times

    this 1 guy spring to mind, the convo was something like this (he was assassin)

    Me: ping your bar please.
    Person: no
    Me: Why?
    Person: because i made it, and i dont want it stolen
    Me: Most buids good builds are done allready you know......
    Person: not this one, it has shadow prison, and a warrior attack speed boast
    Me: mmmmm has it got (forgot the skills)
    Person: OMG!!!! HACKER!!! you can see my bar!!!
    Me: lol, thats the standard shadow prison buidl of Pvxbuilds
    Person: NO ITS NOT!!! I MADE IT TODAY!!!!!!!!
    Me: lol what ever you say
    Person: C*** su**ing Mother******* B*******
    *kicked*

    xD
    ZOMG HAX!
    That's hilarious.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off