PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member
    I'm not huge on changing the game around constantly. I go to HA to have fun and enjoy myself, part of that is winning and part of that is learning a little something as I play. Booting someone else out of HA because they won too much for the week, is doing nothing more than screwing with people. Thats not my idea of fun. My position is don't worry about another mans fame or the rate at which he accumulates it, just worry about your own and do it without screwing with other people.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I like the idea of not losing fame, ever. I like to be able to progress on a title.

I also like any idea towards winning fame faster if you beat better teams, and / or trying to match teams on fame.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by kongkingx View Post
    Well, I can just log on my rank 0 account and tank others' fame for fun and profit. Sounds good to me too.
    Where exactly did I say anything about having it be proportional to the rank of who you lose against? A simple -1 fame for any loss would be fine.

no fame deduction per lost match is fine.
    As long as there's no way for fame to go down, fame is worthless. You don't seem to grasp that.

It's what keeps fame farmers playing HA hardcore.
    If by "fame farmer" you mean someone who likes a title, sure. If by "fame farmer" you mean someone who likes being on top in PvP, no, not at all.

I just want to limit them, not the new potential players.
    New potential players are not limited at all, even in the current system.

Everything is about the 80/20 rule, which Vela mentioned. The fame quota has the potential to give those 80 percent some HA playtime, imo. And I'm very ok seeing the 20 go to the bench and enjoy real life (unless they have lotsa accounts to fame farm) and the 80 having some HA playtime.
    So what you're saying is that HA should stop being a competitive gameplay area, and become an area meant for farming? No. It's already bad enough as it is, trying to make it even more about "farming" is the most horrible, ridiculous, atrocious idea I've heard in a long time.

What will it do to the HA population? Well 80 is more than 20 so must be an increase?
    20 people who play 10 times a day on average, or 80 people who farm it once a day on average. Who do you think creates more matches? (Hint: it's not the 80.)

If there is a "Title" attached to anything, it will be "Farmed".

Accept this truth and it shall set you free.
    Vela - IGN: Vela Iviana [Club]

Where man in all his truest glory lives,
    And nature's face is exquisitely sweet;
    For those fair climes I heave impatient sigh,
    There let me live and there let me die.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiiane View Post
    20 people who play 10 times a day on average, or 80 people who farm it once a day on average. Who do you think creates more matches? (Hint: it's not the 80.)

But what if that 80 percent realized that HA is fun because they're winning while those 20 are taking their breaks?

This is like luring people to get addicted and go hardcore PvP. Like in business, they say that satisfied customers are good but new customers are always better.
    Last edited by kongkingx; 10-12-2007 at 19:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn X View Post
    I'm not huge on changing the game around constantly. I go to HA to have fun and enjoy myself, part of that is winning and part of that is learning a little something as I play. Booting someone else out of HA because they won too much for the week, is doing nothing more than screwing with people. Thats not my idea of fun. My position is don't worry about another mans fame or the rate at which he accumulates it, just worry about your own and do it without screwing with other people.
    /signed and QF****INGT

As long as there's no way for fame to go down, fame is worthless. You don't seem to grasp that.
    i would argue that fame is something that is earned, no more no less. what is the penalty for failing a mission in PvE? angry teamates?

whether i've earned my fame playing Sway, Zergway, Legoway, Sinway, is hardly the issue. i've stayed the course, established friendships, and learned new skills. my time and effort is not worthless. and for you to say it is is disrespectful and unfair.
    Last edited by Ugly Betty; 10-12-2007 at 21:54.

@shadowspawn. I don't worry about other people's fame. I worry about how those people treat others with less fame than them. I would be perfectly happy keeping fame and HA as it is if players weren't so arrogant and abusive just because of a title and an emote. also, If you think sor a minute that HA is a place to just come in and "pawn" others then think again. randomway players are no better than fame farmers as they project a bad image of unranked players which stops them getting into decent groups. and I don't know about you but I find nothing fun in getting wiped in the underworld in less than a minute.

@KongKingx. do you really believe the fame farmers are helping the situation? if your 80% of HA players (fame farmers) left then it would allow new players to come in and start things again from scratch and maybe, they would have the sense of hindsight and make HA better. do you think its cool to go up to a new player and flash an emote at them and try to put them down? maybe you should try having it happen to you some day and see how much you enjoy it. can you blame new players for leaving HA in their first day?

ranked player: oh look there's a new unranked player. lets /rank him guys.
    (ranked players surround unranked player. /rank)
    ranked player: "get out of here u PvE noob"

not a pleasant feeling to have to take that is it? try being a bit more considerate about others and we may not even be having this conversation.
    Last edited by mmorpg man; 10-12-2007 at 23:25.

imo HA broke since Factions came out. New skills meant great unbalance. The more skills they added the harder it became to keep the game in an OK state. Remember Star Burst spikes? Did it feel pleasant?

I, for one, like to remember when i used to play balanced builds in HA. That was the true battle. Nowadays it's who spikes faster. Lame.

do you honestly think that a "new generation" of HA players WOULDN'T just fame farm?

Perhaps you should dismount your lofty steed.
    IGN: Ranger Nietzsche
    Officer of 치 The Spearmen 치 [치치치치]
    NPC: Nichi the Ranger. Location: Halls of Chokhin. More responsive to flames than me.

I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Do you honestly think that experienced HA players don't just farm fame?

For some its not about the fame or the emote. It's about getting experience in HA and making it to the halls. For some people thats more important than just gaining fame and an emote. And I'm sure it is hard to distinguish the new players that just want an emote and the players that just want experience. But i guess i will never find out since all I seem to get is "emote spam" then "go back to pve noob"