PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Troll Unguent a Joke?

for 5 enrgy at 3 secs ct this gives u at wilderness 8 a mere 7 pips for 10 secs.

restfull breeze gives u for 5 enrgy, 1 ct and rc of 8 secs +10 pips regen.at a mere 3 healing prayers u can keep it up indefinately.

tbh i even consider healing breeze superioir now than troll U. troll is out of my skillbar hopefully for good 3 secs casttime alone is a joke.

1) Restful Breeze means you can't do anything else, at all.
    2) Restful Breeze and Healing Breeze can both be stripped.
    3) Restful and Healign Breeze arent effected by expertise. Troll Unguent usually comes off at about 2 energy on most ranger bars.
    3) Monk heals will always be better than ranger heals...Its thier job.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

Agreed with Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    3) Monk heals will always be better than ranger heals...Its thier job.
    Restful Breeze isn't better than Troll's but for the rest, you sum it up pretty nicely.

If you were to compare two skills' relative effectiveness, I'd compare Trolls to SR at lower level attribute points. I think SR is more effective nowadays, though not by much.

Troll Unguent is an essential part of any Ranger bar.

The skill fits into most builds without having to spend extra attribute points, since most of the time you should have points in wilderness survival anyway. It is unstrippable and gives regen with no extra conditions so you can continue with the battle while still healing. The expertise also factors in to give it a cost of 3 at 8 expertise, which you should regen during that casting time, in other words, this skill costs nothing or very close to nothing!

It's an all around great Ranger heal perfect for any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    Restful Breeze isn't better than Troll's but for the rest, you sum it up pretty nicely.

If you were to compare two skills' relative effectiveness, I'd compare Trolls to SR at lower level attribute points. I think SR is more effective nowadays, though not by much.
    As an out of battle/after battle heal it is. But as an in-battle heal its useless, yes. But then so is a 3 second cat time if your not careful ^^

What I was getting at is that point for point (energy) the monk heals will give off a better ratio, its thier job. Course you can then argue that rits have the strongest direct heals point for point because that doesnt factor in Divine Favor etc etc

/quiet zero going into too much detail.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

Troll Unguent is an amazing self heal for rangers...

Troll Ungent once applied cannot be removed. It's also not an enchant so it cannot be stripped or shattered. With a ranger's expertise it costs less than 5energy whereas restful breeze being a spell would cost the full amount. Troll Ungent never leaves my ranger's skillbar and the only thing you are vulnerable to is being interrupted with its cast time. That's why it's good to stay at long range, kite, use a block beforehand, or run out of caster range then use it. It's also good to use after battle, or if you are the only survivor after a near party wipe. A good ranger shouldn't have any problem using troll ungent as an effective heal.

Troll Unguent is indeed a very good heal, and not being spell based is a big advantage.

If I were to wish for any change though I would say 3 second activation is too high. Most of the time it's not critical, just annoying having to wait the extra second for no reason. I think, like spirits, the timings were set down in the past when GW was a different game so it seems a bit of a dinosaur. I would love it to be 2 seconds, still a gimme to interrupt in both PvE and PvP, but would lessen the annoyance factor of using it.

Still one of the best heals in the game though, don't dismiss it.

ok viable answers. the skill / spell thing is spot on. but the 3 secs cast time kill me, especially if interrupted.

what struck me tho, is that i see a lot of builds using only TU from wilderness and still have it at WS 8-9...for one skill.