PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Gunnar's Hold

  1. #1
    GWOnline.Net Member liamSlayer's Avatar
    Posts

    2,247

    Gunnar's Hold

    Ok got a few questions, i just got to the eye of the north, but i know as soon as i go in the monument thing i will get them quests in my log, which i cant get rid of unless i do them.

    Questions

    1. Is there anyway of getting to gunnars hold without the quest, can i team up with someone who has it and go though the portal? if so can someone help me do that please? my ign is Horribly Nerfed

    2. Iam going to do the Boxing quest to get my LS, it hard mode any different that normal mode? i mean do the enemys do more damage or are they just harder to kill?

    Thanks alot


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by liamSlayer View Post
    Ok got a few questions, i just got to the eye of the north, but i know as soon as i go in the monument thing i will get them quests in my log, which i cant get rid of unless i do them.

    Questions

    1. Is there anyway of getting to gunnars hold without the quest, can i team up with someone who has it and go though the portal? if so can someone help me do that please? my ign is Horribly Nerfed

    2. Iam going to do the Boxing quest to get my LS, it hard mode any different that normal mode? i mean do the enemys do more damage or are they just harder to kill?

    Thanks alot

    liam, you do know you can abandon any quest you accept, don't you...
    The choice is there whenever you look at a quest in your Quest Log.

    Also, you don't get quests just by going into an area, you have to talk to the NPC's handing them out and accept them....

  3. #3
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    nkuvu's Avatar
    Server

    Tarnished Coast
    Posts

    9,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie I View Post
    liam, you do know you can abandon any quest you accept, don't you...
    The choice is there whenever you look at a quest in your Quest Log.
    Except for the Eye of the North primary quests. "These quests cannot be abandoned, they must be completed."

    Silliest thing I've ever seen. But doesn't matter where you are, you can't abandon them.

    And Gunnar's Hold is a very short trip from the Eye of the North outpost, liamSlayer, but even without the quest you should be able to go there. Of course the quest part merely means that you talk to Jora once you step out of the Eye of the North outpost. Once you zone into Norrhart Domains, you can walk to Gunnar's Hold without fighting a single thing (keep to the right if you want to avoid the Nornbear -- the spot the Nornbear shows up will be obvious because there are some Norn corpses lying around there).

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    Except for the Eye of the North primary quests. "These quests cannot be abandoned, they must be completed."
    That's because some quests are never 'picked up'. They simply appear in your log after completing other quests. So, if you were able to abandon it, you would not be able to pick it up from any NPCs because none of them have it.

    I'm not sure what you mean by getting your 'LS' with the boxing mini-game, but it does get harder in Hard Mode. As far as I know, the only reason to do it in Hard Mode would be when you do Fronis Irontoe's Lair, for the extra faction and double drops from the chest at the end.

  5. #5
    Well, for pete's sake! I never noticed that you couldn't abandon the EoTN primary quests. That's just weird....

    Still as you say Nkuvu, it's not hard to figure out how to get there, except that the gate to the Norhartt Domains only opens once you have the Quest....

    EDIT: Beta, LS is Legendary Survivor. The Brawling tournament only records deaths if you fail to revive your self using the "stand up" skill. As long as you can get your energy back to full in the time you have, you're OK. If you can't, well, your Survivor is done...
    Last edited by Auntie I; 05-12-2007 at 15:33. Reason: Add stuff!

  6. #6
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    nkuvu's Avatar
    Server

    Tarnished Coast
    Posts

    9,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie I View Post
    Well, for pete's sake! I never noticed that you couldn't abandon the EoTN primary quests. That's just weird....
    Weird and annoying -- especially for the characters I have who aren't planning on doing those quests any time soon. Big lump of quests in the quest log that I have to scroll past every time I want to look at current quests.

    the gate to the Norhartt Domains only opens once you have the Quest....
    Ahh, this is something I never noticed -- then again I've always had the quest, because it doesn't really alter the area (as in, it's no more difficult to get to Gunnar's Hold with the quest than it is without).
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta Sprite View Post
    That's because some quests are never 'picked up'. They simply appear in your log after completing other quests. So, if you were able to abandon it, you would not be able to pick it up from any NPCs because none of them have it.
    That's a reasonable explanation, although they could easily have made it so that you could re-acquire the quests from the Scrying Pool, and therefore allow you to abandon the quests like any other.

    The whole "can't abandon" thing just bothers me, like a pebble in my shoe.

  7. #7
    GWOnline.Net Member liamSlayer's Avatar
    Posts

    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    Once you zone into Norrhart Domains, you can walk to Gunnar's Hold without fighting a single thing
    Thats the problem i cant, on the portal theres a barrer, like the one in the norn torni before u fight people



    i would just get the quest my self, but i have no intention to play though GWEN atm

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by liamSlayer View Post
    Thats the problem i cant, on the portal theres a barrer, like the one in the norn torni before u fight people



    i would just get the quest my self, but i have no intention to play though GWEN atm
    Well, then I guess you aren't getting to Gunnar's Hold.

    I don't see what's so bad about carrying a few quests in your quest log....

  9. #9
    GWOnline.Net Member liamSlayer's Avatar
    Posts

    2,247
    Hmm well it fills up all the log? it would become anoyying in a short time, and i came to ask if someone with the quest to go there would party me to see if it works, since ingame people are D***s

  10. #10
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    18
    i tried the same. You cannot portal into Norrhart Domain if you don't have the quest. I didn't have it, my fried had it (has already completed GW:EN) and the gate was closed.
    So you will have to live with the log-entries for the primary GW:EN quests ...

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off