PC Gaming News
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 135
  1. #111

    For once I won't double post and accept the dark, afro-american man in the ad.

    Looking back I'd glady trade all the money I've won with tournies over and over again just to revive my conveniently dead guild.

    Of course, I have no proof nor even a name of the guild I was in but believe me we won lots of tournies and lots of cash, you have to believe my claims despite my disturbing lack of knowledge of actual PvP, you just have to.

    For some reason I believe there's a chink in your argument.
    With which I of course mean the british word for dent or crack.

  2. #112
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    shawn's Avatar
    Server

    Jade Quarry
    Guild

    Dii/BPA
    Posts

    11,689
    Quote Originally Posted by rexkenley View Post
    Nope, I didn't realize I was playing trivia pusuit
    You're not, you're playing Common Guild Wars Knowledge 101.
    You've gone from a self-proclaimed top pvper to not even knowing the names of guilds that have been top 1 and 2? This is hilarious. Why are you even still allowed to post on in the pvp section, ffs.

  3. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    Looking back I'd glady trade all the money I've won with tournies over and over again just to revive my conveniently dead guild.

    Of course, I have no proof nor even a name of the guild I was in but believe me we won lots of tournies and lots of cash, you have to believe my claims despite my disturbing lack of knowledge of actual PvP, you just have to.

    For some reason I believe there's a chink in your argument.
    With which I of course mean the british word for dent or crack.
    I just have to laugh at the desperation.

    Quote Originally Posted by shawn the divine View Post
    You're not, you're playing Common Guild Wars Knowledge 101.
    You've gone from a self-proclaimed top pvper to not even knowing the names of guilds that have been top 1 and 2? This is hilarious. Why are you even still allowed to post on in the pvp section, ffs.
    Do you know the name of the first Guild formed in GW? Do knowing these GW fact affect your team's skill?

    I am not as arrogant as some to declare myself top player. All the credit goes to my team and the friendship that we have, or had. But life goes on and at least we got the memories

    I dont know ask Ranger.

  4. #114
    it doesn't affect skill, but it does make them more knowledgeable on the subject of the opinions of the high-end pvp community.
    IGN: Ranger Nietzsche
    Officer of 치 The Spearmen 치 [치치치치]
    NPC: Nichi the Ranger. Location: Halls of Chokhin. More responsive to flames than me.

    I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance. - Friedrich Nietzsche

  5. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by rexkenley View Post
    Dead
    *looking back I would gladly trade in the gold trim if it means guild longevity, sigh.
    You keep mentioning gold trim (I can't think of any gold trimmed guild that I don't know fairly well, excepting the koreans) but won't say which guild. That means you bought a cape. If you expect that to impress us, maybe you should have played for a team that let you use alliance chat? Of course, its also possible you joined the dev guild (which Izzy decided stupidly to give capes to) but I can't see why you would bring them up for PvP credibility.

    But ingame
    No, not really. You don't tend to do well in PvP because Anet likes you.

    No, I was hoping for the "just because you know him, not everybody in the world does" Now a link to who tommy is would really be nice :)
    He's a monk for dR, previously of iQ previously of QQ. He's very good.

  6. #116
    This thread is ending up alot like the "who r u" argument I had to do with oles.

    I know alot of the koreans, and I still play with several of them. If your claim to gold is korean, I can go verify that pretty easily once I get back to the states.
    Last edited by Yue; 08-01-2008 at 09:44.

  7. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Nietzsche View Post
    it doesn't affect skill, but it does make them more knowledgeable on the subject of the opinions of the high-end pvp community.
    I never disagree/ nor questioned that. I just dont think its fair that you dont give the new guys a chance to prove themselves, no matter how knowledgeable you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    You keep mentioning gold trim (I can't think of any gold trimmed guild that I don't know fairly well, excepting the koreans) but won't say which guild. That means you bought a cape. If you expect that to impress us, maybe you should have played for a team that let you use alliance chat? Of course, its also possible you joined the dev guild (which Izzy decided stupidly to give capes to) but I can't see why you would bring them up for PvP credibility.
    Nope, its against ANET EULA to buy accounts like that. Please dont be under the mistaken impression that I am trying to impress you, I am not. I always try to forge my opinions on reality, simple as that. You ask, I answer by my choice. And David if you want to HOG all the glory of being the greatest pvp player, go right ahead. I never have nor ever will ever claim to be the greatest.

    Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    No, not really. You don't tend to do well in PvP because Anet likes you.
    As though Anet-likable rating affects pvp skills, David that is absolutely a ridiculous statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    He's a monk for dR, previously of iQ previously of QQ. He's very good.
    Hi Tommy

    Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    This thread is ending up alot like the "who r u" argument I had to do with oles.

    I know alot of the koreans, and I still play with several of them. If your claim to gold is korean, I can go verify that pretty easily once I get back to the states.
    This is the first time I have a group of people so intent in knowing my ign and my guild

    And just to clarify, I never mentioned which country (Blame David for that Korean bit).

    PS. Just a thought, wouldn't time be better spent discussing the issue, getting facts and links, explaining each side clearly rather than playing "WHooooo r Youuuuu? toot toot toot toot, I REALLY WANNA KNOW"?

    Last edited by rexkenley; 08-01-2008 at 16:19.

  8. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by rexkenley View Post
    I never disagree/ nor questioned that. I just dont think its fair that you dont give the new guys a chance to prove themselves, no matter how knowledgeable you are.
    When someone asks "who r u" they are giving you a chance to prove that you are knowledgeable (or at least, credible). No one is going to give you credit for being knowledgeable just because you say you are. If you've got the stones to back up your moxie, then you won't have a problem whipping them out over and over again to shut people up.

    Nope, its against ANET EULA to buy accounts like that. Please dont be under the mistaken impression that I am trying to impress you, I am not. I always try to forge my opinions on reality, simple as that. You ask, I answer by my choice. And David if you want to HOG all the glory of being the greatest pvp player, go right ahead. I never have nor ever will ever claim to be the greatest.
    David means buying a membership in a gold trim guild, ffs. Ever heard of eF, for example?

    Hi Tommy
    David is not Tommy. Holy cow.

    PS. Just a thought, wouldn't time be better spent discussing the issue, getting facts and links, explaining each side clearly rather than playing "WHooooo r Youuuuu? toot toot toot toot, I REALLY WANNA KNOW"?

    Yes, as long as you don't think you actually have anything to contribute. You can cite all the facts and links you want, but the reality is that those links and facts are about people like Yue, David and Tommy. So I consider the source material to be infinitely more authoritative than your third party information. To put it so maybe you understand, what a high level GvGer thinks is a much better source of information than an article about what a high level GvGer thinks.

  9. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by smrandom View Post
    When someone asks "who r u" they are giving you a chance to prove that you are knowledgeable (or at least, credible). No one is going to give you credit for being knowledgeable just because you say you are. If you've got the stones to back up your moxie, then you won't have a problem whipping them out over and over again to shut people up.
    Guess we have another person who can't understand as to why.

    Quote Originally Posted by smrandom View Post
    David means buying a membership in a gold trim guild, ffs. Ever heard of eF, for example?
    Why would I want to do that? It's pretty much cheating. I dont think you have to be a high level pvp to know that. Also if you are a strict pvp only, how do you get your gold? Illegal gold farmer sites maybe? (I just hope you have enough pride not to resort to begging/borrowing/leeching)

    Quote Originally Posted by smrandom View Post
    David is not Tommy. Holy cow.
    Normally you say hi after a person introduces a new person to you. HOLY COW!

    Quote Originally Posted by smrandom View Post
    Yes, as long as you don't think you actually have anything to contribute. You can cite all the facts and links you want, but the reality is that those links and facts are about people like Yue, David and Tommy. So I consider the source material to be infinitely more authoritative than your third party information. To put it so maybe you understand, what a high level GvGer thinks is a much better source of information than an article about what a high level GvGer thinks.
    So where are these so called sources? I know Yue side, David is kind of light and 0 from Tommy.
    Last edited by rexkenley; 08-01-2008 at 17:08.

  10. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by rexkenley View Post
    Nope, its against ANET EULA to buy accounts like that.
    I said "cape" not "account." These are not the same thing.

    I always try to forge my opinions on reality, simple as that.
    How fascinating, so do we. That is why we demand evidence of your authority in the field. The authority that you seem to covet so greatly but seem so loathe to substantiate. No, no I don't think you really want reality at all. Reality demands truth and disclosure, and you don't seem interested in that. When you make statements about what should or should not be the case, you are making a claim based on your personal authority. If you have no personal authority, how precisely then are your claims backed?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •