PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Bear View Post
    I gotta ask, your posts are always a little non-understandable, but do you work for Anet or know someone on the inside? If not, don't just say random dates, it confuses the masses.
    almost entirely sure a late summer beta was in the first article(i.e. the magazine one), and all later ones.

it's been dead for a while a really but after april it will hardly exist

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum View Post
    it's a public forum ain't it?
    This my friend, is a private forum.

this barely warrants a response
    just like your pvp advice...

if you going to pull a bull**** card like that
    ...which you completely change as soon as someone you suck up to challenges

Well saying "It's a public forum, ain't it?!" is lame response because nothing is keeping you here if the game is dead.

But I think you're kinda right, GW is pretty dead compared to a year and a half ago (or maybe even two years ago); it's not the same game anymore. And, as a pre-emptive response, I'm still here because nothing better has come along (i.e., GW2).

"GW is dead"

I have to disagree with this lot. My guild has been gvg for years and we haven't seen a significant drop in gvg opponent matchup. Sounds to me like the so called l33t players are the only ones leaving the game, the rest of us folks are still enjoying the game.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum
    just like your pvp advice...
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrum
    ...which you completely change as soon as someone you suck up to challenges
    that barely makes grammatical sense

Quote Originally Posted by rexkenley View Post
    "GW is dead"

I have to disagree with this lot. My guild has been gvg for years and we haven't seen a significant drop in gvg opponent matchup. Sounds to me like the so called l33t players are the only ones leaving the game, the rest of us folks are still enjoying the game.

:)
    The reference to GW being dead is towards high end/midlevel competition. As far as a competitive game is concerned, if it loses the competitive players, then it's really pretty much dead. There will probably always be matches available for people in the rank >500, since our smurfs never take long to get matches either.

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    if it loses the competitive players, then it's really pretty much dead.
    America 249 Guilds 24.9% Show
    Taiwan 11 Guilds 1.1% Show
    Europe 662 Guilds 66.2% Show
    Japan 63 Guilds 6.3% Show
    Korea 15 Guilds 1.5% Show

Pretty much most of the "GW is dead" mantra are coming from grumbling American "l33t" players. Even if ALL American guilds quit, it is still chump change in the grand scheme of things. Sorry to burst your bubble American GW grumblers, GW revolves around the Europeans at the moment.

If all that was left of baseball were the little leagues, baseball would be pretty dead.

For past year GW has revolved around the euros, but I don't see how that changes the fact that the middle to top tier is dying out. After the last monthly tourney, 3-4 top euro guilds died. About 6 months ago there was still around 20 american guilds that were somewhat competitive. Now there's about 4. The number of competitive euro guilds is also steadily declining. If you haven't noticed it, you're not a very observant person.