PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsai Cooper View Post
    vent recordings are crawling all over the QQ forums. unfortunately i have yet to be proactive enough to figure out how to play them.
    Right-Click in Vent -> View -> Record/Playback -> Open Recording

Quote Originally Posted by Juiced View Post
    I'm curious what a voice chat in a high ranked guild sounds like
    Give me your ign, and if you're on the next time we play you can come listen.

Quote Originally Posted by dbf View Post
    Right-Click in Vent -> View -> Record/Playback -> Open Recording
    indeed

i believe a DF recording from some monthly still saved
    *turns off music*

I wonder if any of the people in high ranked guilds ever recorded their voice chat sessions. It would be interesting to hear, because apart from 'ressing #', 'dazed on 7', 'draw 7' and someone who calls a spike I never heard much more during battle so far.
    There's alot of yelling. Alot of the n-word, the f-word, and alot of blaming everyone but yourself when anything bad happens on your own team.

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    There's alot of yelling. Alot of the n-word, the f-word, and alot of blaming everyone but yourself when anything bad happens on your own team.
    10 minutes into Deer AT recording, i can attest to this.

Uh...where do I find those recordings? I've been to QQ's forum, but can't find it.

EDIT: Nvm..found it.
    Last edited by SurviverX; 12-01-2008 at 20:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    Ohhh that sounds like it would be fun to listen too xD .... but to endure .. i dunnou >.>;;

Quote Originally Posted by Tsai Cooper View Post
    10 minutes into Deer AT recording, i can attest to this.
    Deer has less skill than almost all other top guilds thus more swearing and well Natures and his friends are more prone to swearing generally...

Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    Give me your ign, and if you're on the next time we play you can come listen.
    Joost Flamecaller, that would be cool, thanks

I'll also look on the QQ forums, thanks guys.

Out-of-Game Guide
    by
    Phantom L33tSauce

Hardware

1.) Always at least go for the recommended specs. If you have the money by all means, SPLURGE! Here is my favorite site for HW www.newegg.com
    2.) Ideally have dedicated machine for the game. But if its too expensive, here are the alternatives
    - Set up a hd swappable system
    - Set up a multi boot system
    3.) Please don't consider a phone line, go dsl or preferably cable.

Software
    1.) Ideally the only thing running should be GW and the OS.
    2.) If you have an anti-virus and firewall, make sure GW is setup as a trusted application.
    3.) Check the services and schedule, the less things you have running on the computer the better.
    4.) Always, always keep things up to date.

Maintenance
    1.) Always defrag your hd, diskkeeper is my defrag of choice.
    2.) If possible, do an image download on a regular basis to minimize ingame updates during matches.
    3.) Do a "sync" test. For example your leader can say "3..2..1..jump" and everybody does the jump emote. If you all jump at the same time, then you are in pretty good shape.