PC Gaming News
    GWOnline.Net Member

New Ele what campaign is best to start in?

I own all 4 chapters but haven't properly stated an elementalist before, just messed around with one in pre searing.

Are there any pro's or con's for an ele starting in each campaign, with regards to quests/items/areas I might miss out on that would be useful?

thanks.

Prophicies- More skills from quests, Meteor shower is pretty much an essential Proph only Ele skill-Learning curve slow
    Factions-Fast, have to buy majority of skills, no essential factions ele skills
    Nightfall-Medium speed, still have to buy skills, but get PvE skills as well, Searing Flames essesential ele skill

I'd reccomend Nightfall personally.

If you own own 4 campaigns, then aquiring non-elite skillz shouldn't be a problem. I would say Nightfalls has the best Elites for Ele's and you can start to aquire them pretty fast (these include Elemental Attunement and Searing Flames).
    Prohecies does have Glyph of Renewal, but thats a long ways away.
    I'd say NF, if only to Acquire some Hero's.

Start in Factions -> get lvl 20 -> Take ''Sunspears in Cantha'' quest -> Take Dunkoro, Tahlora, Koss and Acolyte -> Take ''Chaos in Kryta'' quest -> Continue game in Prophecies.

I think Prophecies is more fun to start in because it's alot slower and in GW you cap at level 20 (then 2 att points quests later on.) If you get your heroes after you've leveled yourself, you can then watch them grow as well, spreading out the fun a little bit. It I think the gameplay is more balanced in Prophecies and i like the style of the armor more than the other campaigns. I find it more rewarding to gradually level up rather than just hit 20. I think you'll be a more versatile player if you don't get ingredients for the typical cookie cutter Ele builds early on that can get a little boring (ex dual attunements, SF spammer.) You'll have to be more creative and tap into your second profession for energy management and maxing your DPS. This is just my opinion; all of the other responses in this thread make some really valid points.
    Last edited by Kylie McDiarmid; 15-01-2008 at 05:40.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeaven View Post
    If you own own 4 campaigns, then aquiring non-elite skillz shouldn't be a problem. I would say Nightfalls has the best Elites for Ele's and you can start to aquire them pretty fast (these include Elemental Attunement and Searing Flames).
    Prohecies does have Glyph of Renewal, but thats a long ways away.
    I'd say NF, if only to Acquire some Hero's.
    Elemental Attunement is core elite skill. For a not first char i would recomend Factions cause reaching lvl 20 there can be done in 2 days.

I would recommend Prophecies, mainly because you can get a variety of ele skills and then decide which area you want to focus on. Factions, to me, was hard on the Ele because of the tests. It pretty much focuses on fire skills too. NF is good if you want an air or Earth mage. Beginning skills for those two are given amply. Water mages have to buy them pretty much all around except Proph.

Good luck with the char.

Factions. Always.
    My survivors are at Gunnar's and lvl 20 in like 4 hours. You have an up and running character very fast.

I'd stay away from C3 though. The low level heroes, the grind for the sunspear to be able to advance make it even worse then having to almost complete C1 to actually have all attribute points.

Edit:
    Ohh this guy probably already has FoW on his ele since this thread is 3 months old ...
    Last edited by upier; 26-03-2008 at 12:49.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Go with the chapter that offers you face&haircut you're liking most.

You can switch easily between the chapters anyway (once in LA/Consulate Docks/Kaineng), so the selection of starter skills is sort of irrelevant.