PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay Vert View Post
    4) Nothing drops in EoTN anyhow
    Not true, I always get tons of Guardian Spears (Lesser and Greater)

    Seriously, as Ranger Khann said, playing normaly will help you financially. Since I started Vanquishing (finally!) I made about ~70-75k (doing kryta and maguuma). However, since you said yourself that you are rather a newbie, vanquishing might be a bit tough (vanquishing = kill every monster in an explorable area in Hard Mode)

    Other than that, I usually farm with my monk, but haven't done so for ages.

  2. #12
    Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Nochtflamir's Avatar
    Server

    StormBluff
    Guild

    GWOA, TRUE
    Posts

    1,277
    powertrading works, but you must know market values...I made a good portion of my early money that way, buying unids 7 for (was 10k back then, now its ~4k) and salvaging the perfect mods, or reselling the items.

  3. #13
    If you haven't played in two years then yeah...the game has changed a lot since then.

    Ranger used to be able to solo trap the Underworld and Stygian Veil in the Nightfall campaign, but due to a nerf that's no longer an option. I've seen some build flying around that you can trap but not sure if it works. As someone mentioned you can farm Totem axes and I believe using a Touch Ranger (ranger/necro) will allow you to farm green/boss weapons in many places.

    But I think it's a lot easier just play through the game and pick up all the loot you get no matter how crappy it is and sell it-- it adds up fast. You can always try re-doing some missions that tend to drop a lot of loot. Also since you have EotN, do the dungeons! I think most will give you 1.5k+ in money, plus whatever loot you pick up and they're repeatable.

    And if nothing else, read up around the forums-- people are always suggesting builds. Also look into becoming a runner in Prophesies-- you can get plenty of money that way and the more you do it the easier it becomes.

  4. #14
    The trap builds still work for UW Farming, though there's so many faster builds out there now...

    You've got GW:EN the money you get from that game by giong through the story and all the dungeons is huge, play through the game. After that farm dungeons for thier drops (which btw also drop green items).

    Fays got a nice guide to farming totem axes which is still profitable with them going for 3-5k each IIRC. Its in the guides section of this forum.

    Go enjoy the game, the cash will come ^^
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

  5. #15
    GWOnline.Net Member Lais Irideika's Avatar
    Posts

    2,156
    I actually got 3 green Asterius Scythes back when I was farming Norn rep points out of Olafstead. It's the most greens I have ever had drop for me before...

  6. #16
    GWOnline.Net Member liamSlayer's Avatar
    Posts

    2,247
    Why do you need the money in the first place? do a end game mission and bam 1k + of drops

    I dont see why you need to farm to collect money, i dont farm, and i have enough to buy what ever i want, except FoW armour since i only have like 300k in the bank but thats enough, since i dont spend it all the time.

    Btw if your broke why the hell are you buying lockpicks?

  7. #17
    GWOnline.Net Member Mr Savior's Avatar
    Posts

    268
    Quote Originally Posted by magiciangirl View Post
    If you haven't played in two years then yeah...the game has changed a lot since then.

    Ranger used to be able to solo trap the Underworld and Stygian Veil in the Nightfall campaign, but due to a nerf that's no longer an option. I've seen some build flying around that you can trap but not sure if it works. As someone mentioned you can farm Totem axes and I believe using a Touch Ranger (ranger/necro) will allow you to farm green/boss weapons in many places.

    But I think it's a lot easier just play through the game and pick up all the loot you get no matter how crappy it is and sell it-- it adds up fast. You can always try re-doing some missions that tend to drop a lot of loot. Also since you have EotN, do the dungeons! I think most will give you 1.5k+ in money, plus whatever loot you pick up and they're repeatable.

    And if nothing else, read up around the forums-- people are always suggesting builds. Also look into becoming a runner in Prophesies-- you can get plenty of money that way and the more you do it the easier it becomes.
    i can still solo Uw and stygian, LB title 5, 6 soon but i dont play pve that much anymore.

    and yeah running is the best way to earn money, IMO.

  8. #18
    GWOnline.Net Member Kendel's Avatar
    Posts

    2,896
    Maybe, but scammers make it more trouble than its worth imo.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Savior View Post
    i can still solo Uw and stygian, LB title 5, 6 soon but i dont play pve that much anymore.
    So how are you trapping Stygian if you don't mind me asking. I'm interested mostly for the LB pts to max it out on my ranger more than the loot. Yesterday I was trying out a build I'd seen but didn't work out so well.

    I hope after this weekend we see a free UW/FoW access so I can have a free chance to practice these

  10. #20
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Posts

    10
    Quote Originally Posted by liamSlayer View Post
    Why do you need the money in the first place? do a end game mission and bam 1k + of drops

    I dont see why you need to farm to collect money, i dont farm, and i have enough to buy what ever i want, except FoW armour since i only have like 300k in the bank but thats enough, since i dont spend it all the time.

    Btw if your broke why the hell are you buying lockpicks?
    I need money for:
    1. Buying the new skills (1k platinum per skill)
    2. Getting the Norn Armor (50k platinum for the set)
    3. I was buying lock picks to get items to sell to make money. It was a bad idea to say the least. I won't be doing that anytime soon.

    I'll take your advice and just play the game and make money with the quests. Hopefully by the time I'm rank 5, with norn, i'll have enough money to get the armor.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off