GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]

Talking The Order of Dii [Dii] - closed for GW1 applications

[EDIT: Dii is now closed for application to our Guild Wars 1 guild. If you wish to join our Guild Wars 2 guild, please visit our Guild Wars 2 recruitment thread. Thank you for your interest. If you really really want to join our GW1 guild, please sent Lensor a PM. ]

Hello!

The Order of Dii is currently open to new applicants 18 yrs or older.This thread was put together, firstly, for all of you interested in our Guild; and secondly, so that the members have somewhere to direct people without having to type all of this out themselves over and again.

Thank you for your interest in Dii.

== History ==

The Order of Dii was formed at the end of the Guild Wars World Preview Event, making it one of the longest-existing guilds in Guild Wars. Dii was created specifically for this event, and was made up of players acquainted with one another from a previous gaming community (one which you may already have discerned). The guild’s membership soon found themselves hooked on Guild Wars, and it was decided that the guild would continue on together from that point.The Guild celebrated its 4rd birthday on the 1st of November, 2008.

== Purpose ==

We are a Guild with a strong commitment to respect for each other and the community. We focus on maintaining a pleasant playing atmosphere, and include players of all competence levels, and all preferred playing styles. We count more members that are focused on PvE, although many members enjoy PvP as well.We are a Kurzick-aligned Guild part of an alliance based on democracy. Our Guild Hall on Warrior’s Isle has a full complement of NPC services. We also maintain a forum and website.Our members' ages range from University students to grandparents and are located in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions. We are an eclectic but strong-knit group of people.

== Application ==

If this sounds like a guild that you may be interested in joining, please reply to this post.Title the new reply:Application *Your forum name* (e.g. My reply to this thread would be titled “Application Skallagrimson”)Include in your post:Forum NamePrimary Character NameRegion (Americas, EU, Asia-Pacific)Usual PlaytimesAnd most important, a short blurb telling us about yourself; what you are looking for in a guild; and why you would make a fine addition to Dii.We ask that during the first three weeks you get to know some of the other members and be fairly active so that they, in turn, can get to know you as well. It is in these first few weeks that we get a sense as to whether or not we are right for each other. If you are comfortable with us and we are comfortable with you, then we welcome you as a full fledge member of The Order of Dii.

== Questions / info ==

If you have any questions, feel free to stop by our little corner of GWO.
    http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...play.php?f=109

Again, thank you for your interest in Dii.

== FAQ ==

Q: My friends and I want to join as a group. Can we do that?
    A: We welcome joint applications. Normally, after the trial period, we vote on each person individually. However, the purpose of voting is mainly to keep out trouble-makers and unwanted elements from our Guild. If every person in a group is friendly and respectful, then chances are very high that they will all be voted in.

Q: Will I be able to find people to group up with for X or Y activity?
    A: You are welcome to use the alliance chat to find players to group up with, which certainly helps. We are part of the GWO alliance, which is large enough to find players for all kinds of activities most of the time.

Q: I heard the former Guild leader is an NPC. Is that true?
    A: LIES! ALL LIES! Alaris is a real person.

Q: What are the faction / activity requirements?
    A: None, and minimal, respectively. We have no faction farm requirements. As for activity, we need you to be active enough so we can get to know you (and you get to know us). Also, if we need place for new members, we might kick members that have not played in a looong while, i.e. more than a few months.
    Last edited by Lensor; 08-09-2012 at 02:51.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

What's with the age limit? Seems a tad immature to say 'Your <18, Leave, Now.'

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Metaknight View Post
    What's with the age limit? Seems a tad immature to say 'Your <18, Leave, Now.'
    I agree that it's not the best way of keeping immature people out, but at least that's the intent. You have to do some selection to have a fun environment where people are respectful with each other, and where they have things to share both within and outside the game. It works both ways, we select members, and members select us.

To be honest, if someone joined in and was <18 y.o. but was mature and respectful, I think he'd get voted in. We certainly wouldn't just dismiss that player just based on age, rather, we'd let him know that we expect the same standards of good behavior as any other member.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    The original post has been changed slightly and this thread is now set to accommodate new member applications. No need to jump around all the forums, simply post a reply in this thread. Come check us out.

Application Captain Voodoo

Well here's my info:

Forum Name: Captain Voodoo
    Primary Character Name: I Captain Voodoo I
    Region (Americas, EU, Asia-Pacific): EU
    Usual Playtimes: around 18.00-24.00 (6.00 pm - 12.00 pm if im correct :p) GMT+1

I've been playing GW for a little bit more than a year now and completed all campaigns + EotN. I am actually more a casual player, but now I would like to get more into PvE and finally do some elite Dungeons and Missions to fetch some of the neat weapons and stuff. Without guildmates this is kind of boring for me and not really fun so I am looking for a friendly Guild that is also interested in doing this. Of course I am always in for PvP (alliance battles etc.)! Now that I am more active I'd like to get to know more people to have fun with :)
    After I've read the description of The Order of Dii I knew that this guild is exactly what I am looking for. I like the wide range of players. Helping people that are new to the game and learning from more experienced players is what I am looking for in a Guild (like yours in that case ;)) And you sound like you care for your guildmates which is the most important aspect.

So I would be pleased to join you guys :)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    It sounds like you would be a good fit with our Guild. If you want to give us a try, then welcome aboard!

I tried sending you an invite, but it says that you're already member of a Guild. You will have to quit your Guild first, and then we'll try sending another invite.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Voodoo View Post
    Well here's my info:

Forum Name: Captain Voodoo
    Primary Character Name: I Captain Voodoo I
    Usual Playtimes: around 18.00-24.00 (6.00 pm - 12.00 pm if im correct :p) GMT+1

I've been playing GW for a little bit more than a year now and completed all campaigns + EotN. I am actually more a casual player, but now I would like to get more into PvE and finally do some elite Dungeons and Missions to fetch some of the neat weapons and stuff. Without guildmates this is kind of boring for me and not really fun so I am looking for a friendly Guild that is also interested in doing this. Of course I am always in for PvP (alliance battles etc.)! Now that I am more active I'd like to get to know more people to have fun with :)
    After I've read the description of The Order of Dii I knew that this guild is exactly what I am looking for. I like the wide range of players. Helping people that are new to the game and learning from more experienced players is what I am looking for in a Guild (like yours in that case ;)) And you sound like you care for your guildmates which is the most important aspect.

So I would be pleased to join you guys :)
    Invite sent! :) Welcome!

Application: Grag Hamcrusher

Hello Dii memebrs.

Forum Name: GRAGMAN
    Primary Character Name: Grag Hamcrusher
    Usual Playtimes: 20:00 - 01:00ish

And most important, a short blurb telling us about yourself; what you are looking for in a guild; and why you would make a fine addition to Dii.

I have played GW for about 2 1/2 years, although just recently took a 9 month break to get hooked on LotRO and take part in the PotBS Beta. I'm now back and realising I've missed a lot!! My primary interest is PvE, although I have GvG'd and TA'd in the past, and also like to do AB now and again.

I have 14 characters (some of which are mules), covering all primary professions and am working them through all of the campaigns, including EotN. In all I have completed all campaigns on at least 1 character and have a number of titles.

IRL, I am 39 years of age, just about to retire from the military and have an unhealthy interest in GW, much to the wife's dismay! I am looking for a mature, intelligent and relaxed guild where I can feel at home and will be able to help others out while enjoying the game.

Achievements:
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by gragman View Post
    Hello Dii memebrs.

Forum Name: GRAGMAN
    Primary Character Name: Grag Hamcrusher
    Usual Playtimes: 20:00 - 01:00ish
    Tried sending an invite but it says that you are already a member of a guild. If you leave your guild, let us know so we can send ya an invite. :)

GWOnline.Net Member

Application Hellsing

Forum Name: Tama
    Primary Character Name: Miina Hellsing
    Region (Americas, EU, Asia-Pacific): USA
    Usual Playtimes: Eastern Time Zone ~7pm-12am, longer on weekends.

Hi, I've played Guild Wars since release. Played through Prophecy and Factions for all my characters. After NightFall came out played through it half way and took about ~1 year+ break from Guild Wars. Now just coming back to pick everything up again.
    I usually PvE most of the time but wouldn't mind doing Halls or GvGs from time to time too. Right now really is just trying to familiarize with the game again since so much has changed. I have all the campaigns + EotN.
    I guess I'm looking for a friendly Guild with people to hang around and do activities together.

P.S. I'm 28 years old IRL, and just figured out Dii is from Diablo 2 from the Wiki link in this post which is very cool. Cause I remember seeing Dii either on observer GvG or actual GvG before. Was also hardcore D2 player ages ago, my Barb was even on ladder before the patch, good old times.