PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Random Arena PVP bots showing up

hard to tell but they are very robotic like in movement, they usually stay in back...actually more found in International district than others but few teams now with them on it

They'll stay in back, move when team moves up robotically almost and then once they select target they sort of just run for it

hard to tell but you have to watch for how robotic the movement pattern is

I used the ingame report

bit annoying

Erm...pardon me, but how can you tell that a bot's movements are a "bit robotic"? It's not like they're following a set path like in Granite Citadel; could just be some distracted or new players, someone expecting the team to do most of the work and just kamikazi-ing when they feel like it.

GWOnline.Net Member
    A long time ago there was a toucher bot. It failed badly just showing that you do need some skill to play the build. It basically used C, 1 2 3 over and over (Vamp Touch, Vamp Bite, OoB) but it didn't work very well. For one thing, at the start it would sacrifice nearly half of its health. It often got stuck. It didn't change target. It spent ages chasing someone down without using a speed boost. It still managed to kill some people though, those that stood still or insisted on fighting it in melee. It never said anything and it was there 24/7, it was in my team or I was against it all the time.

There was someone else (it was a ritualist) that never said anything and just ran into the same corner every match. He was also there 24/7. I believe it was someone that got the Enter Mission button pressed over and over.

I haven't seen them since the report update.
    Last edited by Lytel; 19-01-2008 at 08:00.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I saw a monk bot in RA a few weeks back. All it did was stand there and cast healing/prot spells on itself when attacked. I remember we ended up using it as bait. =P

You just came across some bad/new players. Big deal.

I believe this is true too. These bots also do talking, but always the same line.

GWOnline.Net Member
    /report, and let Arena Net sort out the details.

Lol.

Just, lol.

I mean, RA bots, lmao!

-Ape

Quote Originally Posted by madape View Post
    Lol.

Just, lol.

I mean, RA bots, lmao!
    They're the future.

Oh noes, PvP-bots!

Any screenshots or other proof besides "robotic behaviour"? Sometimes you can see people move robotic in the local club. Guess they are lover-bots who steal our girls!!!