PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Need some advice about lvling up

hey guys ok heres my problem

This is my first char and being the go getter that i am i jumped right into the main quests and didnt do any side missions so now im at the part were u get to the desert and i read up on wiki that in the next area i will be encountering mostlt lvl +20 enemysand im only lvl 16 so im going to go back and lvl up 2 at least lvl 18 before i go ant farther in the main quest..so the help i need is this

"Were should i go to get lvled up quickly and were i can get the most $$ and iron ingots (Im saving up for Guardian Armor just missing 100 iron ingots bout 3k and the leather) but back to my problem......." any ideas would be very helpful (remeber im new)

Quote Originally Posted by SanchoTheStrong View Post
    hey guys ok heres my problem

This is my first char and being the go getter that i am i jumped right into the main quests and didnt do any side missions so now im at the part were u get to the desert and i read up on wiki that in the next area i will be encountering mostly lvl +20 enemies and im only lvl 16 so im going to go back and lvl up 2 at least lvl 18 before i go any farther in the main quest..so the help i need is this

"Where should i go to get lvled up quickly and where i can get the most $$ and iron ingots (Im saving up for Guardian Armor just missing 100 iron ingots bout 3k and the leather) but back to my problem......." any ideas would be very helpful (remeber im new)
    Hey bud.

For leveling up I strongly suggest doing those side quests. Whenever I am playing a new character in Tyria(the continent of your campaign), I always do all side quests and usually get to level 20 before the desert. Even in your case, quest experience may be the best way to level up.
    Dont forget that most quests in Tyria also offer you a skill reward. Its for free, without doing the quest you will have to buy the skill.

The armor: dont worry about that, I will help you with missing cash and materials. I assume that you meant Gladiator armor...

EDIT: Just checked the timezones. Mine is quite different, but maybe we will be able to meet with some luck. Post how many materials you need and I will make sure they get to you through some trusted Dii members.
    Last edited by Arcane Guardian; 08-02-2008 at 09:40.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Side quests in Tyria are very good to do due to the free skills already mentioned by Arcane. They also (for the most part) help flesh out the storyline and lead you to places you would otherwise not visit (Tyria has a lot of areas not involved in the primary storyline). And finally, the more side quests you do, the more money you will save (drops + rewards + not having to buy most skills). However, as long as you are not having difficulties killing the mobs, I would not worry too much about the levels.

For one, you get more experience for killing mobs of higher levels, so you will catch up in no time. For another, there is a mission in the desert that give you 50k experience upon completion, so if not before, you will become level 20 then.

Iron ingots is best gotten by salvaging items containing iron, i.e. swords etc.
    Leather is usually salvaged from dropped armor pieces.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Categ...ntains_leather
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Category:Contains_iron

If you salvage all your drops that contain iron or leather you should have enough by the time you reach the armor crafter (I presume you are talking about the max armor in Droknar's Forge).
    Last edited by Lensor; 08-02-2008 at 12:44.

hey thx for the help Arcane Guardian but no i mean templar armor idk why i said guardian it was like 2 in the morning when i made this thread lol thx for the advice and ill have 2 go back and do a few in Lion arch. and as for the help i already posted what i need and thx again i really appericate it and im on MNT standerd time so idk im on pritty regular

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I find that generally, mobs will be higher level than you. Somehow the game is balanced that way, they are fewer, or don't have monks & ressurection, so it's quite possible to take down even more numerous mobs that have higher levels.

As for armor, you don't need to upgrade your armor each time a new one comes out. In Tyria, for example, the armor quality steps often, but not by much. You can save a lot by upgrading just the parts that need it most.

I hope that helps.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

ya i understand wat u are say about upgradeing my armor but this might sound stupid but i think templar armor is awsome looking and it does help that its got 60 armor

Awesome looking Templar armor hmm... yes its nice, but heed the advice of Alaris. I dont know how high is your current armor level, but it will be better for you to buy a new armor set at Droknar's forge outpost. You get there after the desert missions and it offers the highest armor level sets for all professions( 80 for warriors, 60 for caster classes for example).

In Tyria, I only craft 1 armor before buying the maximum armor level set. At Ascalon City from Corwen(Armor) NPC. There are two crafters, but this one offers the level, that is high enough to survive the storyline areas until Droknars forge.

Just checked something.... if its Templar armor that you want, in Tyria its only possible to craft it at Droknars forge anyway. And that is the max version. So in this case my previous lines are not as important.

So what do we have here: 5K, 200 iron, 28 leather and 4 steel + insignias...

yes i bought a runner 2 droknars forge so i can get there no prb and my armor now is only 60 if memory serves as for the materials i have 3.5 k 122 iron 0 leather and 0 steel also Insignias???

Insignia's are what you use to modify your armour so they have +armour, +life, +energy etc

Back in release armours automatically came with these mods (and thus you ended up with nice armour but terrible mods and visa versa in some cases).

Depending on class and build will dictate which would be better for you. Generally though your always 100% safe with life or energy.

You can salvage these from armours yo ufind (just like runes) or buy them from the rune trader.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

Quote Originally Posted by SanchoTheStrong View Post
    Insignias???
    Insignias are bonuses the armor provides on top of the armor level.
    Insignias common for all professions:
    Blessed insignia- armor+10 while enchanted
    Brawler's insignia-armor +10 while attacking
    Herald's insignia- armor +10 while holding an item
    Radiant insignia- bonus energy (+3 when on chest, +2 when on leg +1 on other armor parts, the effect stacks so if you use it on all 5 pieces you get+8 energy)
    Sentry's insignia- armor +10 while in stance
    Stalwart's insignia- armor +10 versus physical damage
    Survivor insignia- health bonuses (+15 on chest, +10 on leg, +5 on other, again it adds up for a total of +40 health with 5 survivor insignias)

These can be used by any profession. Then there are profession-specific insignias. In your case warrior insignias, because you can only use common insignias or those of your primary profession.

Warrior insignias are:
    Dreadnought insignia- +10 armor vs. elemental damage
    Knight's insignia- reduces physical damage received by -3
    Lieutenant's insignia- reduces hex duration by 20 percent and reduces the damage you do by 5 percent, armor -20
    Sentinel's insignia - armor +20, requires 13 strength, vs. elemental damage
    Stonefist insignia - increased the duration of knockdown for foes (maximum 3 seconds and these do not stack)

You have 5 armor pieces, you can add 1 insignia to each piece. Those can be the same ones if the bonus adds up, or you can put a different insignia on each armor piece if you want to.

My recommendation: knight's insignia on all pieces. Damage absorption is useful in any situation. A note: I think that the effect does not add up, but the enemy can hit you in any part of the body, so putting them on all pieces is good.

The other upgrade you will want to boost your character are runes. They improve the level of your chosen attribute by +1(minor rune), +2(major rune) and +3(superior rune). You can only use runes of your primary profession and a few common ones.

The common runes: runes reduucing condition duration, runes adding bonus health and energy.

The warrior runes: are the same as attributes of the profession (strength, tactics, swordsmanship, axe mastery, hammer mastery) plus absorption runes. As I said, in 3 levels +1(minor) +2(major) +3(superior). Major runes and superior runes of any attribute come at a cost of less health( -35 per makor rune and -75 per superior rune). Common runes and absorption runes do not have a penalty. You can only add one rune to each piece, but you can change them anytime(if you wish to change a rune, just put the new rune on selected armor piece, it will replace the old one)

My recommendation of runes:
    minor strength and minor tactics,

superior absorption(one is enough, the effect applies to entire armor here),

best vigor rune you can afford(adds bonus health, but these are quite expensive compared to others, especiallly the superior vigor)

a rune of weapon mastery( depends on which weapon are you using) I use superior runes less often nowadays so I wouldnt recommend using more than a major rune of weapon mastery, but if you want you can use a superior.

The headpiece of any armor also provides a free +1 bonus to an attribute of your choice, so be careful with choosing which one you want. My warrior uses weapon mastery runes on helms( I have a few helms so I can swap when I switch a weapon)

This is a bit too long but I hope it isnt too confusing. Here is an example of how a fully upgraded armor piece looks:

Knight's Templar Cuirass of superior vigor
    The bold part describes the insignia, the underlined part describes the rune.

I hope this helped. And dont worry about economy, as I said I will help you with your first max armor.