Order of Undeath
    Animate Bone Fiend
    Animate Shambling Horror
    Blood of the Master
    Dark Bond
    Signet of Lost Souls
    Mystic Regeneration
    Res.

The problem is that anytime he is controlling minions, the two Monks in my party (usually Mhenlo and Kihm) tend to focus more on him, which usually results in another party member dying. When he is flagged away with his minions, he eventually dies. Is this normal? Or can this problem be solved?

Any input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Saradis Blackheart; 12-02-2008 at 05:09.

Well, it's a good thing the monks focus on him, since if he dies you will not only have a dead team member but probably around 10 angry minions. If you leave him by himself , he will tend to kill himself with BotM...it's just the way AI works for heroes, their iq is far below normal

Second problem: hencie monks never know what exactly they are supposed to do...especially Kihm.

Mystic regen should do the trick, my Whiskers uses this skill properly (although I do have to activate it sometimes for him). Try to squeze Conviction in his skill bar...he seems to like that skill too.

Oh, and I noticed Whiskers never considers a good idea to animate a fleshy as the first minion (if he has the skill) or to keep making a fleshy out of the dead one...meh...heroes, don't put your hopes too high

Of course they will focus on him. Every time his minions hit he is sacrificing health, not to mention the fact that the enemy AI prioritize a saccing character. He'll be losing health all the time in battles and often the target of the mobs. Conviction won't help with that much.

My recommendation is take out Order of Undeath. If you do keep it and go with regen, maybe reduce his health so he is losing less health. Although that will make him a popular target still.

Personally I find the heroes run minion bomber excellently. Animate Bone Minions, Death Nova, Jagged Bones. Provides ample meat shields and distractions, as well as nice damage from all the exploding going on.

Drop Order of Death.
    He won't sacrifice that much anymore then, and your monks can spend their time healing other peeps.

But it still sucks, because hero monks tend to heal minions. -_-

If you are going to use Master - Drop OoU and add Jagged Bones instead. WIth OoU and BotM he will sac himself to death.

There really is no point in a PvE MM if he's not using 16 Death. Its not just the lack of 1 minion but the levels of your existing minions that really do suffer.

Don't give the MM a res. If a party member has died there are another 6 people capable of dealing with that. I want him to be animating them, not ressurecting them. Plus my MoW has lived through many a party wipe thanks to Dark Bond since the counter starts up when only AIs without a res are left.

Shambling is a bit of a waste imo. It may be 2 minions in 1 but its recharge is pretty poor. You cant rely on 1 25e spell to keep an army. If its NM use Fiends and Vamp Horrors/Horrors. If its HM stick to Minion+Horrors/Vamp. Fiends can never live up to a minion wall and with their low level/health they only attract unwanted attention to your backline.

OoU i've always been a bit wary about on heroes... i've heard it can be great on them but i'd rather stick with Jagged Bones. BotM i've never had problems with. Aslong as you give them Dark Bond (pretty much a req in HM anyway) they're ok. Though you have Mystic Regen anyway. I tend to lower SR a bit and give mine an 8s Aegis and rely on SoLS and monks for his healing.

I never see the point in a hero MM without Death Nova. It does make them slower yes which i guess is the main arguement. But you can flag them. Its well worth it considering how good they are with it.

I was reccomending conviction because it helps by giving him an armor boost, thus he will drop on the enemy's priority list. Conviction will not compensate the health loss for sure. I was just pointing out that this is a skill the mm hero knows how to properly use. For instance, try to equip healing ring on a hero mm...the skill will never be used, but if you equip heal area, that's another story...

Quote Originally Posted by Night Priestess View Post
    I was reccomending conviction because it helps by giving him an armor boost, thus he will drop on the enemy's priority list. Conviction will not compensate the health loss for sure. I was just pointing out that this is a skill the mm hero knows how to properly use. For instance, try to equip healing ring on a hero mm...the skill will never be used, but if you equip heal area, that's another story...
    Alternatively, try and equip the MM with not terribad skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Akirai Annuvil View Post
    Alternatively, try and equip the MM with not terribad skills.
    Please explain more. I would love to hear some suggestions. Your reply adds no value to the op's concern.

There is no way to make AI Monks stop healing minions, sadly.

The good points have been otherwise made, like no res, Jagged Bones instead of OoU and such.
    I'll argue that Shambling is a neat minion, as long as you don't base your mm'ing entirely on it.
    I find that MysRegen isn't very good on a hero MM, in that it's 8 Earth Prayers for a skill they actually don't use much, and seem to do just fine without.

I'll shamelessly use this thread to present a somewhat alternative hero MM setup I use:

N/Me, 16 DM, 11 SR, rest in Blood Magic.

Virulence
    Bone Horror
    Shambling
    Vampiric Horror
    Blood of the Master
    Epidemic
    Dark Bond
    Free

At the "Free" slot I like Death Nova or Rising Bile; SoLS is an option, but not really necessary as the energy gain from Soul Reaping is more than enough to deal with most fights.
    Bring this alongside a W with Evis or Sever-Gash, and an R loaded with Broadhead, Screaming Shot and Apply Poison.
    Make the R an /Me and give it Epidemic too for even more cond-spreading.

-Of course, less than optimal with humans, condition-immunes like Elementals, and certain N monsters with condition-returning skills, but otherwise this setup will make most mobs melt like a candle under a flamethrower.
    Throw in an Rt with Splinter and Rage to turbocharge the pressure; hero Rt's will Splinter-Rage on minions as well.