PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oles View Post
    Not in AB, you can't.
    Without a good faction allegiance rank, an HA or GvG rank means only that you are better than some other "Canthan Explorer". An experienced AB player would be still much better at AB.

Unless, of course, playing "for fun" means you don't mind losing.
    i would argue that the number of truly experienced and skilled PvP/AB players in AB is very small. this is why you see alot of people who do not move out of an AoE, who stand still instead of kite when being attacked by a melee character or who just don't understand that killing the monk on the opposing side puts you at an advantage. these are basic PvP skills that most HA people use and understand or they get KICKED!

regardless of rank or title it is difficult to win with any consistency in AB. that in itself says alot about skill and experience in that particular arena.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Wow.

I have been doing AB a little for just about a week now. Is it that hard to stay with your team, draw and or follow an arrow on a map, or realize that you can just let the other side mob around, and you will kill them in points by capping as teams?

Like I said, I'm new to AB and maybe I'm missing out on something really phenomenal that comes from playing in way that is normally bad.........
    Last edited by kyln; 16-05-2008 at 00:32.

Quote Originally Posted by kyln View Post
    Wow.

I have been doing AB a little for just about a week now. Is it that hard to stay with your team, draw and or follow an arrow on a map, or realize that you can just let the other side mob around, and you will kill them in points by capping as teams?
    The sad answer to that is that yes, it is. To a great many people. To far too many people. Part of the problem is that 99.9% of the players can't let a kill go. They don't know when to give up or think it's "noobish" to retreat. They'll follow their target all the way across the map into Base Defense if they have to (I've gotten three kills in one match that way) and thus get split away from their team. They'll rage, stomp their feet, whine and demand 1v1s, and if you don't want your AB experience to be totally miserable, you're going to have to accept that it's part of the gameplay :P

If you want good PvP, you shouldn't AB (and I say this as someone who floves AB <3)

Ah yes, the mobbing...

Usually when my team is mobbing, the best thing you can do is wait at the last capped shrine and stay there till the mob moves on, your squad can go for another shrine then.

As a squad, never try to outrun the mob, or try a different direction when you're in the middle of the mob, you'll be stalked to death because of that. If your team refuses to split up just go somewhere else because you'll be much more usefull on your own then in a mob.

As for team members feeding the enemy mob, that's something that is really beyond your control..

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity Archer View Post
    As for team members feeding the enemy mob, that's something that is really beyond your control..
    It's funny to see how incredibly stupid some people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ate of DK View Post
    It's funny to see how incredibly stupid some people are.
    It's even funnier when you notice that those people are usually various melee professions with a monk secondary, like WoH assassins

However, it does get really tedious after a few matches and you get teamed up with the same kind of idiots every time.

Mobbing = Fast Kills = Balthazar Faction = Keys = Gold.

Explains it all really. Let us mob away!
    Last edited by Psychotic Death X; 16-05-2008 at 11:13. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic Death X View Post
    Mobbing = Fast Kills = Balthazar Faction = Keys = Gold.

Explains it all really. Let us mob away!
    People have been mobbing long before they introduced the Zaishen Chest.

Quote Originally Posted by kyln View Post
    Yes, it is that hard. God knows why, it seems obvious/easy enough to me, but so many people that I party with can't manage it.

If you were new to AB you'd think that a high AB rank would mean something, and that you could trust a party of high-ranked players to do what you've described above. They don't. Most high-ranked ABers are the worst culprits when it comes to bad decision-making, mobbing and splitting - particularly if they are from one of the high-profile FFF guilds.

If you want a good party, add the names of people who play well to your friends list, then whisper them next time you want to do AB. Eventually you'll get a core of good players who play at the same time as you that you can party with regularly, and AB becomes a lot more fun and the wins roll in far more frequently. Unfortunately, there's still very little you can do about the people on the other two teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Ate of DK View Post
    People have been mobbing long before they introduced the Zaishen Chest.
    I know, I know. I'm just trying to incite mass mobbing, so I can run around with my team and cap all the shrines and get quicker wins this weekend.