PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Arcane give me the strength to carry on with my Mesmer, before I get bored to death ;)

Fantasialiu Memmeav - Mesmer

72 hours old

Titles:

Protector of Elona
    Legendary Survivor

Goals:

Protector of Cantha 12/13
    Protector of Tyria 15/25
    Max LS/LB - 3,528/5,855
    Asuran - 9,417
    Ally of the Kurzicks (4) - New account and got that rank from getting to Survivor.

Thats all for now. Though I may just pay for gold items to ID as well as getting some chest points from doing LB/SS runs.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]

Talking Update!

My Ranger's Progress & Long-Term Plan, updated
    *16 titles done...
    *GW:EN titles will bring me to 21. MotN needs all vanquishes and about 1/2 of HM dungeons. All ranks are between 5 and 8.
    *Vanquishing Tyria will bring me to 25. Only 5 areas done so far.
    *Skill cap to 27.
    *After that, there will be grind. Oh yes. There will be grind.

I would like to thank Sonya, Silencia, Lightning, and Kryta for helping with the Shards of Orr HM. It was tough, it was long... but in the end we prevailed!

For those curious about the strategy that won the dungeon, it was a mix of coordinated-splinter-barrages turned chaos run-for-your-life while doing random-pain-inverters and using-smite-monks-as-meat-shields.

It was chaos, but it was chaos that works!
    Again, good job ppl, and I hope to count you amongst my party members anytime!
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    [B]
    I would like to thank Sonya, Silencia, Lightning, and Kryta for helping with the Shards of Orr HM. It was tough, it was long... but in the end we prevailed!

For those curious about the strategy that won the dungeon, it was a mix of coordinated-splinter-barrages turned chaos run-for-your-life while doing random-pain-inverters and using-smite-monks-as-meat-shields.

Congratulations! Now I need to devise a sinister plan to kidnap you all and do that thing again with me sometime.

Or Rragars menagerie HM... if there is any worse dungeon that Shards of Orr, then it is this one.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    My Ranger's Progress & Long-Term Plan, updated
    *16 titles done...
    <snip>

<snip>

Nice job on the titles!

Shards of Orr was epic.

I really did enjoy the random chaos that ensued after almost each and every pull. The chain of baddies fighting their programming and coming to break aggro.

Zombie Brute: "Should I just rush in? Just go? No, no, I'm not supposed to, I'll just head back... Oh, dangit, what the heck, they're right THERE! I'll just go chomp on the monks a little bit. No, no no, I should go back..."

Skeleton Wizard: "Hey, ZB over there is walking back? I'd better go behind him and blind everyone and knock them down. There, that pesky Sonya is eating dirt. I can go back to my original spot now..."

meanwhile, as the sadistic chain-gang marched back in forth in single file formation....
    Sonya Gladgul: "You guys getting this? Take notes! In the event of an actual emergency, this prone, face-down position in the dirt is the one you want to take! Seriously, I'll probably have to show you again, but pay attention. You really gotta make 'em believe you're dead! "

Haven't had that much fun in a very long time. Must do more. Next, however, I'm setting my sights on something slightly less intense.

What a lovely post Thulsey. I bet you were eavesdropping while you were playing dead. Amusing post really, pretty much like a PM I caught from Alaris, when he forgot to switch channels.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Guardian View Post
    What a lovely post Thulsey. I bet you were eavesdropping while you were playing dead. Amusing post really, pretty much like a PM I caught from Alaris, when he forgot to switch channels.
    Yes. I was explaining our strategy to Arcane, who was not even in our team. So he replies: "I don't know what you're talking about, but sounds interesting!"

Ah, you can plan all you want, and then reality strikes!
    == Alaris & clone ==

Quote Originally Posted by Skallagrimson View Post
    Ate, I know you're a GWAMM. Any chance we can see a pic of the HoM. I wanna check out what the statue looks like at that level.
    I think you want to know about the middle one. Here is a screenshot:

Hmm seems like the statue is not any different at r6 compared to r5 then The light is there from r5. A small disappointment, I thought they would come up with something for r6 too. But no matter.

Thanks Ate. Oh and congrats, I am still stuck at 26 titles only. I guess I need to win a GW lottery if I am to max the remaining 4 titles. :-P

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ate of DK View Post
    I think you want to know about the middle one. Here is a screenshot:
    Very impressive. Thanks for sharing that screenie!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I am glad to report that Rotscale has been vanquished in HM, using H&H. In the end, it took Gwen and I about 1 hour to kill it, including surrounding monsters. Most of that time it was just fighting Rotscale.

Longest fight ever. Total consumables used = 0 (not including favor shrine before the fight). Total deaths against Rotscale once alone = 0 (only counting the final attempt).

I went in with Ogden as bonder extra-ordinaire, except that I had to tell him what to do. Step one was to go in alone and PI target foes. Move to protected position to re-apply, and move back in area where I get shot at. Rince and repeat. The rest of the team was within heal distance. That usually worked on previous failed attempts, but this time the dragons couldn't hit me for some reason, so I went in and splinter-volley'd them instead.

Then, Gwen and I, both bonded, started our attack against Rotscale. The rest of the team were healing us, or just sitting bored, outside of the range of Rotscale's deadly attacks. Gwen had some punishment and energy stealing, so she was spamming those. I cycled between broad head, apply poison, and PI, as energy allowed.

His health bar dropped, pixel by pixel, steadily but ever so slowly.

Gwen was having lots of fun, but she kept forgetting to cast the more damaging spells, while spamming the energy steal spells even though her own energy was maxed. It didn't slow Rotscale's casting frequency... Should have brought 1 more damage spell in retrospect.

I was bored. But still happy that it's done.

Are there any other ridiculous areas / bosses in vanquishable areas of Tyria? I might choose to tackle them first...
    == Alaris & clone ==