PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yeah it should be lengthened up to at least 8 seconds at rank 10.

Self-Proclaimed Supporter Of The Mursaat Cause
    "Bloodstone, it keeps going and going and going..."
    IGN: Nanashi Hyuga - The Whirling Fist Sin of Righteousness

Did you ever think that maybe its for use on a caster? If your having to rely on Smoke Powder defence on a Sin then your doing something wrong (such as going too close to the melee alot). Gives a caster in low level PvP plenty of time to avoid some melee or break a sins chain.

Smoke Powder Defense

At level 12 shadow mastery you blind an attacker for 5 seconds. The recharge on this skill is 20 seconds.

Poof!

Ahhh me eyes!

Ha ha you can't hit me!

I'm Dead!
    I'm Dead!
    I'm Dead!

Totally worthless skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendel View Post
    Did you ever think that maybe its for use on a caster? If your having to rely on Smoke Powder defence on a Sin then your doing something wrong (such as going too close to the melee alot).
    Go figure, skills that are more useful as a secondary, than for the primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    What's up with the thread o.O
    You broke it!

Quote Originally Posted by yuurei View Post
    You broke it!
    Fixed it

Certainley a caster skill though I doubt I'd ever put it on any of mine...
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

Quote Originally Posted by yuurei View Post
    Go figure, skills that are more useful as a secondary, than for the primary.
    Do they exist? No!

Oh and buff to recharge/make skill instead of stance. Anybody knows if it triggers on Wild Blow?
    Last edited by Akirai Annuvil; 01-03-2008 at 11:48.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I use Sneak Attack for my blinding needs. The only times I can say I'd need smoke powder defense is when I'm overwhelmed by a bunch of melee attackers...

...Which is usually when someone screwed up and everybody is dead and the guys with Rebirth are fleeing.

No thats when you should've brought Epidemic to go with your Sneak Attack :p

Eh, smoke powder is ok but not good. For just shutting down people on you it's not as good as shield bash, and for escaping melee it's nowhere close to return. A buff to the blinding wouldn't really change either of those. If you really wanted to make the skill viable you'd add in a controlled tele. I still don't know that I'd run it over return though.

Quote Originally Posted by David Holtzman View Post
    Eh, smoke powder is ok but not good. For just shutting down people on you it's not as good as shield bash, and for escaping melee it's nowhere close to return. A buff to the blinding wouldn't really change either of those. If you really wanted to make the skill viable you'd add in a controlled tele. I still don't know that I'd run it over return though.
    Agree'd even if it was changed to "all nearby foes are blinded. shadowstep to target ally." I doubt it'd see use over Return, the cripples too useful compared to blind when your already out of range..
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me