PC Gaming News

Thread: Quick Question

GWOnline.Net Member

Quick Question

I only have Factions/Nightfall and I don't have a warrior yet. Would it be worth it to roll one if I don't have the skills from Proph/EotN?

For sword warriors, yes. The best elites for the weapon are in those campaigns. The needed skills are also to be found or are core skills

Hammer, probably not worth it without Backbreaker and Earthshaker. Plus Crushing Blow is a Proph skill

Axe, Maybe for Triple Chop farming builds. But for PvP not a chance.

Either roll one, or use hero skill points to get some skills.
    Rei Onryou (W/Mo20) | Rei Jinsei Teiku (N/Me20) | Rei Kiba Feisu (Ra/E20) | Rei Dyuaru Katana (A/Rt20) | Rei Zenkai (Mo13) | Rei Shinigami (D/P20) | Rei Teisei (Rt/Me20) | Rei Tsukau (Me/N15) | Rei Kikan (P2) | Rei Tenshi Gogyou (E8)
    Officer of GWOnline [GWO]

Sword: yes, you will do fine.
    Axe: You are fine in PvE.
    Hammer: gimped without either Prophecies or EotN (no DW).

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]

Talking

Generally, you can roll any profession in any campaign and fare well until end-game anyway. These questions start to matter when you get to the expansion, and even more in hard mode.

My second character was a sword W/A in faction (and I owned no other game), and I was ok to beat the game using mostly H's (I did not have access to heroes).

EDIT: What is DW?

EDIT EDIT: Are you referring to Dwarven Battle Stance (elite): you attack 33% faster and hammer attacks interrupt if they hit? If so, then I would consider that a nice elite to have, but certainly not the only viable elite. There are other ways to increase attack speed, and to interrupt, and IMO the main thing a hammer warrior wants to do is to knockdown. I leave the interrupting to my R/* or my Me/* or */Me's in my party when playing hammer warrior.
    Last edited by Alaris; 07-03-2008 at 18:44.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

no, he is referring to Deep Wound, which is one of the essential things you'll want to have as a warrior in pvp. The only hammer skills which inflict it are crushing blow and pulverizing smash, which are respectively prophecies and eotn skills iirc.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Ah yes. Deep wound, indeed is a nice thing to have even in PvE.

Again, you can easily get by until hard-mode or elite missions, and by then hopefully you'll have bought more GW games!
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about