PC Gaming News
    I'll never understand the design philosophy behind Gears of War multiplayer. If the only way to kill someone is with the shotgun, why even have other guns?

I guess it's just one of those great mysteries.

I'll never understand the character design behind that game. "Let's make them incredibly buff! Like they're on steroids! AND MAKE THEM RATHER SHORT! YES! THEY WILL BE HUMAN SIZED DWARF PROPORTIONED SOLDIERS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zayren View Post
    I'll never understand the design philosophy behind Gears of War multiplayer. If the only way to kill someone is with the shotgun, why even have other guns?

I guess it's just one of those great mysteries.
    Shotgun is the main weapon , master it and it's awesome. In Gears 2 the developers tried to buff the machine guns so people would use them. They failed horribly because the community just embraced the shotgun. The boomshot / boltok pistol/ Torque Bow / Longshot Rifle / mortar and the flamethrower are all amazing weapons when used right. They just require slightly more skill ( well, the boomshot and mortar not so much, but yea.)

It's probably just that I play so much TF2 and Halo that getting hit once with full health and turning to gibs pisses me off. Especially since you really can't do much about it, unlike Halo where there is no cover system and you can actually kill someone with your battle rifle if they try to rush you.

Learn to wallbounce , it looks cool and it's super handy.

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaack

wuts goin on in dis thred

Glod thinks he has a beard.

I shaved since then. I look 5 years younger now :(.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmr Leon View Post
    I'll never understand the character design behind that game. "Let's make them incredibly buff! Like they're on steroids! AND MAKE THEM RATHER SHORT! YES! THEY WILL BE HUMAN SIZED DWARF PROPORTIONED SOLDIERS!"
    Same thing they did with Unreal Tournament III. Excessively buff males with more armour than any human should be able to wear effectively. And the armour was as ugly as sin.

To say it was off-putting could be considered an understatement.