PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    You're not gonna get mugged and killed in Portland, I think it is actually hard to get mugged here. Like you have to go out of your way to the tiny bad neighborhood and be wearing a flashing yellow outfit with a red purse and a big sign that says "MUG ME IM ALONE AND HELPLESS"

As for your orientation skills... I can't really say, but you have a smart phone =D

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by rayeLestrange View Post
    Alaris values his money over playing innovative games as they come out, who am I to tell him not to value that?
    Hehehe zing!

Yeah, my current place isn't in the middle of the island and the area I am moving to actually is more convenient to get around and a much better area. Place just isn't as "swanky."

Getting around is pretty easy once you live in a place, especially in major cities. I have a good sense of direction, too, which helps. Here it is even easier because (almost) everything is just numbers.

Tapatalk'd
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    To each their own. I just worry that too often, we value things that don't actually bring us happiness, and actually makes life harder by increasing our costs. Living a simple life, you learn what you can and cannot do without.

I cannot do without a good computer, for example. Last time my computer died, the next day I was at FutureShop dropping close to 2k on a new one.

Alaris values his money over playing innovative games as they come out, who am I to tell him not to value that?
    Hahah I deserved that!

Apparently, I slipped and fell on my keyboard, and as a result I bought the whole Magicka collection for 6.24$ or something.

Truly innovative games (like GW2) I tend to buy earlier to release. I don't see those often though, usually it's small incremental improvements over a relatively stale genre. I see innovative more often in the indie genre.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    To each their own. I just worry that too often, we value things that don't actually bring us happiness, and actually makes life harder by increasing our costs. Living a simple life, you learn what you can and cannot do without.
    I totally agree with this. My wife and I managed to bring up four children (and with us, of course, making it 6 people) in a very small house with one bathroom and only 3 bedrooms, one of them tiny. We always wanted to upgrade to something bigger, but somehow never did (or for financial reasons, never could). Looking back now, I don't regret any of it; we did without a lot of things, have had a very happy time of it, and now have an appreciation of how supersized some people make their lives.

The problem really comes when you live like a rich person and then, have to live like a real person. Your standard of living has become erroneously inflated to the point you don't think you can downgrade.
    mv

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Your kids are def putting you in a crooked retirement home for making them share a bathroom with five other people.

Tapatalk'd

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    My kid was telling me how happy she is that even though she's not rich like some friends of hers, she's got everything she needs especially a loving family.

The point is that whatever your standard of living is, you should appreciate it for what it is. If you live in luxury but can't appreciate it for what it is, then you won't even be happy.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post

I cannot do without a good computer, for example. Last time my computer died, the next day I was at FutureShop dropping close to 2k on a new one.
    Well valuing something is not the same as needing something to survive. I can guarantee you that if I lost my job tomorrow for whatever reason, I'd move away to a less extravagant apartment because I don't need to live in a fancy apartment in downtown PDX, I like to live in a fancy apartment in downtown PDX. What I actually need is a roof over my head and food. I don't need video games, I don't need a fancy computer, I don't need my tablets, I don't need a lot of things that I have and love. You didn't need a 2k computer, you just value having one. Just like I value having my tablet, etc, etc. If when your computer went down you were faced with the decision to either drop 2k on a new computer and eat for a few months, I think the choice would be pretty simple.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    The computer, right?

You can tell that whomever designed this house didn't have brothers because none of the bathrooms have locks. If you don't get that, you probably don't have brothers.

Tapatalk'd

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Well valuing something is not the same as needing something to survive. (...)
    Sounds like you got it figured out. Gratz.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    The computer, right?
    Tapatalk'd