PC Gaming News
    Would any of the art professionals here know where I can get a hardcover sketchbook with toned pages, preferably off-white or yellow parchment?

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I think some girl gave out my number as a fake number last night. Or possibly the guy took it down wrong. Because I got a text from some guy who said it was fun talking to me last night at "brazzen" (which I think is supposed to be "Brazen" which is what people call this bar in the city I'm originally from that's called "Brazen Fox"). Spoiler alert: This text is not for me.

In situations such as this, does one ignore it or respond and break the bad news to the gent?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    Reply with 'Break the news' and see what's going on.

-Art

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    Reply to him in a sexy deep womens voice and see how far you get.

edit: dammit!
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business...curses-spells/
    Last edited by Giggles; 20-08-2012 at 01:35.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Next thing they'll round up magic users and force them to live in walled ghettos, and then they'll conduct raids in order to snuff out and arrest "terrorists", and soon enough they'll be the only ones with access to magic, and we'll be completely at their mercy.

Hurray!

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    No reply from the guy. Sucks to be him

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Reply to him in a sexy deep womens voice and see how far you get.

edit: dammit!
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business...curses-spells/
    Don't worry, you can get around it by selling some cheap item (empty bottle, dime store ring, whatever) and giving the spell/curse/potion as a "free gift" to the winner.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Quote Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
    Would any of the art professionals here know where I can get a hardcover sketchbook with toned pages, preferably off-white or yellow parchment?
    Not a professional, but I could help. Considering how limiting and expensive local art supply stores can be, your best bet would be online stores like Utrecht or Blick.

Here's some that specifically mention being off-colored (ivory, cream, etc):

I don't know the size you are aiming for and I paid zero attention to the prices, so I recommend you shop around a bit and not just jump on one of the links I provided. The recycled sketchbooks/pads tend to not have paper brightening agents, so you have better chance of getting off-white papers. Utrecht/Blick brands tend to be of decent quality too with affordable prices, so those are definitely options.
    ----------------------------satomz----------------------------
    -------------Fan Arts of all Types & Guild & Alliance Matchup & GW1-------------

Quote Originally Posted by satomz View Post
    Not a professional, but I could help. Considering how limiting and expensive local art supply stores can be, your best bet would be online stores like Utrecht or Blick.

Here's some that specifically mention being off-colored (ivory, cream, etc):

I don't know the size you are aiming for and I paid zero attention to the prices, so I recommend you shop around a bit and not just jump on one of the links I provided. The recycled sketchbooks/pads tend to not have paper brightening agents, so you have better chance of getting off-white papers. Utrecht/Blick brands tend to be of decent quality too with affordable prices, so those are definitely options.
    Thanks, that's a step in the right direction, and something to look at if I can't find one with parchment pages. The only ones I've been able to find so far are custom made jobs, and waaaaay out of my budget.

As long as it looks like old paper, I'll be satisfied. Bright white just won't work.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    You could try to make one for yourself if you are desperate; paper I once got from French Paper was nice and parch-y. But from experience, I need to warn you that self-binding can be quite cumbersome. And like you said, having binding done can get extremely costly. You could get the inner pages from elsewhere and have it bound or get a photobook maker to print you pages that have the old worn look, but both of these will easily shoot over $30. You could alternatively soak a regular hardcover sketchbook in dirty water/dark brewed tea and hope it stains right, but you'll have to worry about the wrinkles, odor, or fungal growths...

Personally, I'd just settle with a premade off cream/ivory sketchbook.
    ----------------------------satomz----------------------------
    -------------Fan Arts of all Types & Guild & Alliance Matchup & GW1-------------